My Mercer County Live Feed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Sorry to say that I will be pulling my Live Feed from "Broadcastify" when the change over occurs on October 15, 2012. It isn't that I don't like change it is that I only have my feed going through RadioReference so I can download right to my scanner. This is the one and only reason! So on January 15, 2013 my Live Feed will be shutdown. I have no reason to broadcast on "Broadcastify" as I don't need any of the benefits they are offering me for free.
I will be paying $30.00 a year to RadioReference just as I did before I became a Feed Provider without any worries. Like my feed going down when I am out of town and now I can't access my Favorites Feeds, Counties, Trunked Systems and or Agencies until I get home. Well, it's been fun and interesting being a feed provider with RR but now I'll pay for the RR download services and host my own private scanner feed for when I am away from the house!

egulley612

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Sorry to say that I will be pulling my Live Feed from "Broadcastify" when the change over occurs on October 15, 2012. It isn't that I don't like change it is that I only have my feed going through RadioReference so I can download right to my scanner. This is the one and only reason! So on January 15, 2013 my Live Feed will be shutdown. I have no reason to broadcast on "Broadcastify" as I don't need any of the benefits they are offering me for free.
I will be paying $30.00 a year to RadioReference just as I did before I became a Feed Provider without any worries. Like my feed going down when I am out of town and now I can't access my Favorites Feeds, Counties, Trunked Systems and or Agencies until I get home. Well, it's been fun and interesting being a feed provider with RR but now I'll pay for the RR download services and host my own private scanner feed for when I am away from the house!

With everybody removing their feeds, it makes so sense to even have RR up anymore. Thanks alot guys, you just ruined RR for everybody.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
With everybody removing their feeds

Most people are NOT removing their feeds. As a matter of fact, a large majority are not.

Thanks alot guys, you just ruined RR for everybody.

Don't blame wv_mountaineer - this is where you thank him for his service as a feed provider and wish him luck in the future. Nobody has a responsibility to stream.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
As a feed provider myself I can see both sides of keeping the feed vs dropping it. For me personally I still do all my scanner programming by hand so I don't need access to the DB. I've chosen to continue to provide my feed not for what I will get out of it but because I have friends that live out of the area now and use it to keep up with what is going on here. I'm doing it for them and anyone else that surfs in to check it out.

I'm appreciative of the time and effort anybody that provides a feed now or in the past as rdale said. I do think it'll thin out some of the feeds but those feeds that go away will more than likely be replaced by others who decide to provide one. Maybe I'll have a different opinion once I see it for the 1st time but I look forward to the change and can't wait to see the new site when it's up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.