Westmoreland County Zone/Site 103

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Monitoring this evening while on business trip...

Zone 103 is indicated by PRO96COM with Primary Control Channel of 853.8250.

Cannot receive this currently from my location. Thought I would present and share for the locals to investigate further...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 325

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
According to the FCC Database, the frequency of 853.825 MHz is licensed for two locations:

• New Florence, in Westmoreland County.
  • Cramer, in Indiana County.

I am leaning towards the latter of the two sites. If I remember correctly, that site was supposed to be online by the end of the year.

73's

Ron

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
If it's Armstrong, they are meant to tie in with the Westmoreland system.

From what I can see in the FCC Database, the Armstrong County TRS will be a 14-site simulcast system. Likewise, Indiana County's TRS is licensed for the same amount of transmitter sites. It will be interesting to see how Fayette County will mesh in with the Westmoreland County TRS in the future.

73's

Ron

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I had already submitted this in the past -- http://forums.radioreference.com/pe...-safety-trunked-system.html?highlight=853.825

They said it was a mobile site and thus isn't active normally. My thought was that it should have been in there anyway, but they said it has a different system ID -- which makes it not possible to add it to teh same system. And it wouldn't make sense to add it as a whole new system.

Mike

kirkwoodcr

Premium Subscriber
From what I can see in the FCC Database, the Armstrong County TRS will be a 14-site simulcast system. Likewise, Indiana County's TRS is licensed for the same amount of transmitter sites. It will be interesting to see how Fayette County will mesh in with the Westmoreland County TRS in the future.

73's

Ron

Yes, After speaking with several folks in the county govt during my recent jobs, they have been working to interconnect the 3 counties and possibly tie in Fayette.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I have monitored the freq in question and there is no activity. Also I am in process of creating a new system to add the portable site.

talviar

Most likely that site / zone is the zone for Indiana. . . . perhaps connectivity issues tieing the zone controller for the Indiana zone back into the Region 13 ICORRS switch sitting at westmoreland. . . .

Might have the zone programmed in the switch although no way to connect back to the "zone controller" for that zone. . . . .

Those that know me will accept the above, those that don't will question away but that's what I know. . . . .

As always this has been my $5.25 (added some inflation and a fuel surcharge) and YMMV!

Tony

talviar

To help clarify a point I missed making earlier-

There is a portable APCO25 4 or 5 channel (Can't remember as it's been a year since I was last in the truck) in possession of Westmoreland 911 mounted in the back of an International Rescue Box truck chassis

This operates on 800 MHz and has a different system ID from the westmoreland system.

Others are working on providing the information they have (Frank drop me an email or pm on Tuesday)

Again I revert to my earlier statement, those that know me will accept my info at face value, those that don't will question it heavily and doubt me.

Any of the PA admins that want more info know where/how to find me!

Later,
-T

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for the clarification, Tony. I think at this juncture it's best not to add it anywhere in the RRDB, or a DB admin could add it as a Staged system until further information about it is discovered. I guess Frank will do with it as he sees fit.

Bottom line - I'm no longer in a state of confusion.

Mike

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I have the info for the portable site. Just my work schedule doesnt permit me all the time to do database edits. I will try and get that system listed next week. there is only a few talkgroups on the system plus not a lot of radios have access to it. I assume they have a cache of radios that can be used with it.

Tony i will send a email next week.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.