Lafayette College Security Now Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
I visted Lafayette College in Easton this weekend for Lehigh-Lafayette football and after the game while listening to the scanner I noted that the college security frequency of 461.375 dcs025 was strangely silent. I cancelled the dcs and also did close call searching and found strong signal digital transmissions on 461.375. My Uniden 396XT could not decode the digital signal. I hadn't tried to get a look at the security radios while I was at the college earlier, but in retrospect I believe one of the officers I saw in the distance had a keypad-equiped radio. My suspicion is that they have gone to a MotoTRBO system.

I don't know whether they upgraded just because someone wanted a new toy or perhaps more likely because students with medical emergencies and those charged with violations commonly had their names broadcast over the analog radios. I will try to get a look at a radio next time I am down there. College maintenance communications were still analog on their 464.425 repeater.

Mark S

JimBobTerp

Does this mean I will or not be able to hear the active anymore?? I have the frequencies in my scanner and the scanner I have is BCD996XT

lep

I don't live in your area but I do have a bCD996XT and it will not decode MOTRBO as it stands.

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
To answer the above questions:

1. If you monitor Lafayette Security with the 996XT you will here a digital annoying "motorboating" sound when they transmit.

2. The Lafayette maintenance repeater on 464.425 uses DCS754.

I will check on my periodic visits to campus to see if maintenance makes the switch to TRBO.

Mark S

Steveradio

Have a feeling that Northampton College also did the same, local radio shop has been pushing smart radio network portable xpr6550 depends on system $20 per month per radio so its possible they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.