Armstrong County

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfd_safety

I also came across those articles Dan. I even found one on Indiana. I just wish people would post information on here. You haven't heard anything about Blair have you? Their system should have made some progress since the last post.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Armstrong County is requesting a 90 day extension on their P25 radio project. Here is one of the letters to the FCC.

73's

Ron

Attachments

• Armstrong County.pdf
    207.6 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

maxtrac300

Feed Provider
I saw the database says they are using the new system and since i dont have a digital scanner yet i was wondering if anyone has heard any activity on it

cfd_safety

I'd like to know what talkgroups they are using. Do they have their own or are they using Westmoreland talkgroups? Anybody have a list of Armstrong talkgroups?

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
armstrong or indiana are not online at this time. The freqs added to westmoreland for armstrong are just reference to keep track of info. (Added by another admin)

Sober2181

I have PRO163, I have downloaded from this site frequencies for Armstrong Co. and it's Talkgroups on to the scanner when it's in Motorola mode I don't hear nothing, when it's in a regular mode the 858.48750 MHz is a consent squelch can't adjust it. What am I doing wrong? Someplace I seen that PRO163 won't work.

Solrose249

You need a digital scanner like the Pro 106, Pro197, or PSR800 to listen in on them now, but the low band traffic you should still here it.

mattk_60

was wondering if anyone could help me. im trying to get my scanner programmed. I have all 6 frequencies programmed in, all the talk group codes, and have it set to p25 system. I am using a uniden bcd996xt scanner. I am only picking up partial transmissions. sometimes cuts of the beginning of a transmission sometimes the end. sometimes I don't pick up the transmission. can anyone help?

druhe

Premium Subscriber
was wondering if anyone could help me. im trying to get my scanner programmed. I have all 6 frequencies programmed in, all the talk group codes, and have it set to p25 system. I am using a uniden bcd996xt scanner. I am only picking up partial transmissions. sometimes cuts of the beginning of a transmission sometimes the end. sometimes I don't pick up the transmission. can anyone help?

If you are receiving transmissions, or even partial transmissions it appears that you have it programmed correctly. What antenna are you using ? If it's the back of set antenna you may want to try moving the radio to a different location. Sometimes 6 inches on way or the other makes a world of difference. You may want to consider installing an external antenna. Others have posted similar problems with Armstrong

mattk_60

Ok thanks. I juat purchased an 800 mhz antenna from radio shack and will try moving to a different location. The outdoor antenna that they sell says peak performance is in the 400- 500 mhz range so I stayed away from it. Thanks again

Blaze36

Premium Subscriber
I saw the database says they are using the new system and since i dont have a digital scanner yet i was wondering if anyone has heard any activity on it

Are you going to set up to broadcast Indiana County's System?

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
I had dinner the other night with a Fire Chief from Armstrong County. We had a pretty in depth conversation regarding ICORRS, Motorola and their local government. He seemed pretty disgusted with the product and service that he was being provided. HE told me that the coverage was less than adequate for public safety needs and that at a recent large scale, multi-jurisdictional drill the system failed miserably.

This man is pretty radio savvy and caught the folks from the local Motorola dealer in a bundle of lies and is very upset about it.

He told me the same thing that I've been hearing across the nation. Motorola told them that their old system was broke and could not be fixed (lie). Offered to help right a grant for a new system telling them what they need and don't need. Once the grant was awarded and Motorola was paid the sales and technical team began to dodge questions and fail to live up to service agreements.

Status
Not open for further replies.