Bethlehem and Allentown Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

fftombo

Hi,
I just picked up a trunking scanner and am trying to find the frequencies for Allentown Fire/EMS and Bethlehem Fire/Police/EMS. I checked out the RadioReference frequency database, but I have found that they occasionally do not always have current or correct frequencies. Some of the frequencies, I've noticed, get extremely scratchy, as if the squelch was turned down. I have adjusted the squelch but it does not do anything. Most of the time it seems those channels are the primary channel, which could be affecting me receiving anything (I lock them out due to the static sound). I believe I programmed them in right (I followed the owners manual as best as I could). If anyone could get me the frequencies or can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas

fftombo

Ok. I didn't know that about Bethlehem. I thought I could still pick up Allentown Fire. I knew PD went encrypted. Wasn't sure of the status of the fire channels. But Thank You for your help.

KentFitzgerald

Premium Subscriber
Following up on this thread, is Allentown FD still analog trunked?

I don't have a trunking scanner, and my only reason to get one would be to monitor AFD. All the other Lehigh County depts are still on good old VHF. Thanks for any help!

KentFitzgerald

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. The reason I ask is that the database appears to be out of date: it's still showing Allentown PD as analog, when they went to encrypted last summer. But if FD is still in the clear, great!

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Yup, you'll have AFD, EMS, and ALL Public works. I thought I was getting PD yesterday, but it turned out to be the Parking Athority running plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.