Western Pa. Scanner Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't understand. What makes you think it's hacked? It's still serving local content. Maybe the purveyor just changed its look him/herself.

M

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
I don't understand. What makes you think it's hacked? It's still serving local content. Maybe the purveyor just changed its look him/herself.

M

Well let's see where do I start? Did you follow any of the links? I did the other day and it didn't go to the Beaver County Live Feed. Do you remember all of the info that was once available? I do and what is there is nothing compared to what was once there. I can't see the guy that runs the page doing this to the page. I was also a member and when I tried to sign in it said something crazy and I couldn't log in. Something like this happen to the same site like 6 months to a year ago. Took the guy a while to figure it out then and I figure it will take him time to realize it this time to!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The only links on it are to local audio on audio.scancaster.net. A Butler co one. A Wash Co one. A tampascanner.info link and an ianswerpa.com link are present on the audio server. It isn't hacked. It's just you know doing his thing.

Now, that doesn't mean the previous site wasn't hacked at some point. I'm just saying that this stuff is being run by the same guy who had the previous site. It's not [currently] a hack page of any sorts that I can see.

I can very easily see the guy who ran the previous site doing this. It's very typical of the way he does things.

Mike

mule1075

Feed Provider
The only links on it are to local audio on audio.scancaster.net. A Butler co one. A Wash Co one. A tampascanner.info link and an ianswerpa.com link are present on the audio server. It isn't hacked. It's just you know doing his thing.

Now, that doesn't mean the previous site wasn't hacked at some point. I'm just saying that this stuff is being run by the same guy who had the previous site. It's not [currently] a hack page of any sorts that I can see.

I can very easily see the guy who ran the previous site doing this. It's very typical of the way he does things.

Mike

I agree 100%

captclint

Mentor
Wasn't this site "absorbed" into RR Wiki about a year ago? If my recollection is correct, the site was to be discontinued once the Wiki work was done.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Wasn't this site "absorbed" into RR Wiki about a year ago? If my recollection is correct, the site was to be discontinued once the Wiki work was done.

Umm, I never heard anything about that. I think the last thing that would happen is that Richard Christian would relinquish anything to Lindsay (or Unitrunker rofl).

Are you thinking about Dave's NF2G Scannist Page?

M

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The site is now giving an 'Authorization Required' message.

If someone were to use the Wayback machine, it's possible that a cached copy could be had - and we could absorb it into our wiki if need be. But I never did anything like that for the Pa. page - I'm sure Capt is thinking about the NF2G website, which was absorbed into both our wiki and database

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The site is now giving an 'Authorization Required' message.

If someone were to use the Wayback machine, it's possible that a cached copy could be had - and we could absorb it into our wiki if need be. But I never did anything like that for the Pa. page - I'm sure Capt is thinking about the NF2G website, which was absorbed into both our wiki and database

Mike

I personally don't think there was one iota of useful information on the old site. Much of it [I believe] was planted information. I can remember a ton of outdated information on there -- I'm talking about information that wasn't good for at least 10 years.

Others may have a different opinion, but it's my thought that there was nothing on that site that RR could have benefitted from. . I'd say good riddance, but I know better than to think that the site/content is MIA. He has it, and he'll probably stick the same cheesy thing back up a year or two from now.

m

mbstone99

If I am not mistaken that looks exactly like the SOPA page that he had up there back around a year ago, same layout except different text. And y a good riddance (for now and hopefully for good?). There was never anything worth while up there except a bunch of stolen information that is way out of date now.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.