Bucks County 502.950???

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

I came across information that Warwick PD had a license in the UHF T Band (502.950), so I dialed it up on my radio. I am hearing what appears to be NXDN (NexEdge) digital on that frequency. I did a search on the FCC database, and the are only 3 licenses in the US for this frequency, 1 is cancelled from the late 90's, one is Warwick Police Dept, and the last is a communications company in NJ, but the transmitter site is in NY. This signal I'm getting is very strong, so it can't possibly be coming from NY, but the Warwick license only has FMN as the designator. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks

CommJunkie

It appears they are using an emission code of 11K2F3E, which means narrowband analog voice. It wouldn't be out of the relm of possibility that they didn't know they need to include 11K2F1E if they are going to use digital transmissions.

phillydjdan

About an hour after I posted, the digital transmissions suddenly stopped. I have not heard a peep since. If I hear it again I will setup DMRDecode and see what I get. That RR database entry doesn't list anything in the 500 range, and no sites anywhere near close enough to pickup with a signal that good, even if UHF was experiencing a band opening. If it comes down to it, I'll just have to take a ride and track it. Who knows, maybe you're right!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
About an hour after I posted, the digital transmissions suddenly stopped. I have not heard a peep since. If I hear it again I will setup DMRDecode and see what I get. That RR database entry doesn't list anything in the 500 range, and no sites anywhere near close enough to pickup with a signal that good, even if UHF was experiencing a band opening. If it comes down to it, I'll just have to take a ride and track it. Who knows, maybe you're right!

There are no 500 MHz entries for that system in the RRDB because I haven't added them yet. Still trying to pin down some of the locations on Long Island and in Jersey.

You'd be surprised how far some of those UHF signals will travel when the band is open. I've gotten stuff from South Jersey/Delaware extremely clear in the NYC area at times, well enough for Unitrunker to decode at 85% or better.

Out of curiosity, when you were receiving the signal, was it intermittent or was it a constant control channel?

phillydjdan

Yes, Freak, I am aware that they use the trunked system for primary comms. I believe this channel would be a tactical or private channel.

Chauffeur, I was receiving it almost constantly, with a few brief gaps between transmissions. It is entirely possible that I was hearing that system you are referring to

Status
Not open for further replies.