Bucks County Medic 146R?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chankel

Premium Subscriber
Uses RID 4331. I've heard this unit several times but can't find a listing for station 146 in Bucks County. I can't seem to find a matching station 146 in Lehigh or MontCo either. Can anyone ID Medic 146R for the wiki? Also, can we ID if R means a reserve unit?

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; ZTE-N910 Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

146R is a paramedic response vehicle out of station 46. I have not seen it, but i amagine it is like the medics in Delco that run in SUVs and basically treat the patient until the BLS gets there to transport

chankel

Premium Subscriber
Just so no one mislabels 146R as a QRS unit...basically "On the QRS unit (Quick Response Service), an AED (automated external defibrillator) is placed additionally inside this cargo area, as well as other EMT supplies." Put ALS providers (EMT-P's and / or PHRN's) on it with with intubation supplies, non-EMT-B drugs, etc. and the provider level is higher than that of a QRS. Quote about the QRS is c/o Upper Dublin PD, Montgomery County,PA. They indicate that they assign an EMT to each "squad" (probably shift) to staff the QRS unit.

Neither unit is intended to transport. In York County where I used to run (long ago) you could perhaps lay a patient across the back seat of YoHo or MoHo's ALS responder unit but the trunk had built in shelves for equipment and supplies so dropping the back seat and laying the patient flat that way was not workable. I wouldn't do it with a patient as you would really have no room to move around to treat them with a patient across the back seat and 1-2 providers trying to squeeze in too. I suppose you could take some *stable* and ambulatory priority III patients off the scene of an MCI with a QRS or an ALS response truck though. Don't know if that's approved under PA protocols. I could prattle on, but I'll restrain myself.

chankel

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm...I'd better add that no offense is meant by referring to Medic 97 as YoHo or Medic 98 as MoHo. Really. I got along with all of them well, even for a brand new EMT-B, all that time ago. If only I'd know then what I know now though...oh well.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Medic 146R is a Paramedic responder from squad 125- central bucks- they run out of the Eagle Fire Company (station 46 in New Hope). They often team up with squad 175 New Hope- Lambertville EMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.