RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum

Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Pennsylvania.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 12:21 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

While the attached picture is of my current radio on the current Fayette County SMARTNET system, it is to show the two line ability on a lot of the new equipment out there. . . . . And how some of the system administrators (ME) are tagging things on the radios. . . .

Sponsored links

Old 08-07-2013, 10:19 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Should I be able to hear and incident in th eastern half of the county if i am in the western half?
Also, howmany of you have this system set up in your scanners as one complete trunk system and how many have it set up as two seperate systems?
Just wondering
Old 09-04-2013, 1:17 PM

FYI my Armstrong Co 800 radio is programed with an 03
Old 10-05-2013, 7:55 PM

Today while going to Pittsburgh I heard police chatter on talkgroup ID 791, also on 767 it appears to be Indiana's EMS talkgroup simulcasting 155.2200, and on 777 it was simulcasting 33.7000.

Last edited by Solrose249; 10-05-2013 at 7:57 PM..
Old 12-09-2013, 10:06 AM

Congrats to Somerset County on joining ICORRS...
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2014, 5:30 PM

I'm not sure if this anything but I found 2 frequencies that belongs to site #3, this came from my Pro-106.
The frequencies are 853.975 and 852.650000.
Old 04-01-2014, 8:10 PM

Default Indiana County ICCORS Update

Indiana, PA - County phases in radio system
Old 04-11-2014, 11:28 AM

Default Indiana County update

Indiana, PA - INDIANA COUNTY: Change order OK'd for new radio system
Old 04-17-2014, 2:14 AM

Has anyone discovered what "talk-around frequencies" are active in Armstrong County? If I understand correctly, these frequencies are non-digital (conventional frequencies in the 800mHz band). I hear traffic on my scanner (GRE PSR-600) saying that they are "going to talk-around". I realize that traffic on these frequencies will be very short range (from their radios to my scanner) since none of this traffic goes through the towers (digital 800mHz).
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2014, 5:01 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I would try the ones listed under westmoreland county.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:05 PM

I heard Fire Talkaround activity in Armstrong County today. PSR-600 programmed with the Westmoreland conventional frequencies listed in RadioReference for each talkaround freq. Looks like both counties are using the same frequencies for talkaround activity.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:56 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Indiana County P-25 system

Indiana County has begun using the new system for municipal police dispatch for the smaller departments in Blairsville, Homer City, Saltsburg, Clymer, etc. None of them are exceptionally active, but time checks and routine transmissions can be heard. Indiana County detectives are also using the system. Indiana Borough police will continue to use their VHF repeater for now. EMS dispatch is to come online in the next few weeks, with fire departments being phased in over the summer.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:49 AM

On 4-30-14 I heard alot of radio chatter on Westmoreland County ID # 425 about a trash can on fire inside a bathroom at the Grandview Elementary School in Derry Twp. I am 100% convinced that Derry Area School District is using the 800 mhz radio system and whoever updates the talkgroups needs to add ID#425 as Derry Area School District
Old 05-01-2014, 10:42 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Ive seen it referenced as school countywide. however never heard traffic on it.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:54 AM

As of Monday May 19th Indiana County EMS is now using 800 MHZ and mainly using EMS Countywide and sometimes EMS Dispatch. The signal here in Northern Westmoreland County is perfect and I curious to know whenever the Fire Depts will be switching over.
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2014, 9:20 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Summer phase-in

The most recent information I saw was in The Indiana Gazette, which reported that the fire departments would be phased in over the summer. I'm not aware of a specific timetable.
Old 05-28-2014, 9:06 AM

I was in the Northeastern part of Westmoreland County over the Memorial Day weekend and was listening to Indiana County's ICORRS. EMS was using the system and the coverage sounded good.. There was even coverage at Conemaugh Hospital when an EMS unit arrived there. I used the wildcard tag on the scanner and thought I heard some Law Enforcement transmission, but not really sure.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:24 AM

Indiana Countys system is excellent and I am hearing 100% of their EMS talkgroups. I was as far away as Downtown McKeesport and Indiana County came in pretty fair. The police depts. you are hearing is the South PD's and they are Homer City , Blairsville , and Saltsburg. The sheriffs dept is on the 800mhz also and I have heard different radio transmissions. I haven't heard any radio transmissions from the North and Central Indiana County police depts . What I don't understand is why I'm not picking up Armstrong Countys North Police Depts unless I get close to an Armstrong tower but I hear all of the South police depts .and all throughout Armstrong County for fire & ems.
Old 05-28-2014, 9:16 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonycferma View Post
What I don't understand is why I'm not picking up Armstrong Countys North Police Depts unless I get close to an Armstrong tower but I hear all of the South police depts .and all throughout Armstrong County for fire & ems.
I think this link might explain why you hear certain talkgroups and others you don't: Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki

I'm not 100% sure if this is the case or not, but I'd guess with Westmoreland District 5 PDs being right there on the border, there's bound to be some of their radios scanning/monitoring the Armstrong South PD talkgroup, causing it to affiliate with Westmoreland sites. Same with EMS with Lower Kiski and Oklahoma covering both counties as well as being dispatched by both.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:08 AM

ffemt134 is correct unless you are monitoring the control channel of the home County then there is no guarantee that you will hear all the transmissions. The transmissions you hear are based on radios roaming to an adjacent site causing the transmission to be broadcast there.

Tags