RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum

Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Pennsylvania.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2014, 6:41 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim223 View Post
In the for what it is worth column: I am picking up activity on the PA 700 system (Rocky Grove, Ven. Co) with a alpha tag of 37 (wildcard). I am using the PSR800 with the library download for that system. I have also entered the freqs from the list for that site into the normal scanning method. I am picking more activity up that way vs the trunked method.
37 is PSP. I have gotten hits on a total of 9 talk groups not counting the 3 military talk groups in the database.

My Scanners: Uniden HP-1, Uniden Bearcat BC125AT and Uniden Bearcat BC355N
Sponsored links

Old 07-31-2014, 10:38 PM
Pennsylvania DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

What frequency is the control channel for Rocky Grove?
Old 08-02-2014, 3:32 PM

So far that is the question. I have put the PSR800 into search of the 700 freqs and have yet to find it.
Old 08-02-2014, 8:37 PM
Pennsylvania DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim223 View Post
So far that is the question. I have put the PSR800 into search of the 700 freqs and have yet to find it.
One of the three frequencies listed in the DB is the control channel. All of the listed frequencies are from documents filed with the FCC (and publicly available) regarding the buildout of the system. That's where they came from. Remaining unknowns include a few control channels, including Rocky Grove. If you are not getting control channel data, then you are not in a spot within the footprint of the site.

There is a Philly site listed in the documents filed with FCC, but it is not yet on the air which is why it is not listed in the DB, yet.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:56 PM

I went and re-entered the search parameters today (operator error???). I found a control channel on 769.659375. I am also picking up a control channel on 769.656250 but it is weaker and possibly a Ohio (Cleveland or MARC) signal.
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2014, 9:11 AM

Default PA State Troopers Shot in Poconos

For obvious reasons there was more activity last night than I ever heard. Talk group 37, sometimes referred to as "air 1". SP chopper refueling at WB/Scranton AP and picking up other troopers at other locations. Not much talk about the actual search.

Tags