Lower Merion FD UHF System

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdavisjr

I noticed the last few times that Lower Merion had a big enough job when they switched off the 800 they didn't give channel names and instead said something like "switch to Lower Merion channel 8". To better monitor them since I am probably close enough and maybe re-label some frequencies...does anyone know the proper sequence of channels in their dept. radios?

chankel

Premium Subscriber
According to Phillyscanner.com LMFD has 16 simplex channels in the 458 MHz range plus the 453.65 operations repeater. Channel 1 is a company-specific frequency and the rest are apparently available through all radios. Ch8 is a fireground frequency, which makes sense for a specific local incident, and it is reportedly 458.5375. Phillyscanner's Montgomery County page lists all of the channel assignments. Phillyscanner is a paid site so I don't want to undermine Joe C. by posting the whole list here though.

Last edited:

cdavisjr

fourthhorseman - PD is on the edacs, FD still maintains a 400 system from before they came to 800. They occasionally do not go to an event or 800 fireground channel but switch back to their old uhf system. Given their terrain issues and a call being all L.M. only that's their choice. My question was in which order are their channel lineup because when they do that they don't use channel names. I've never heard them say switch to an interop or 25's fgnd, it's always been a message like "Lower Merion channel 7". Unless your stored frequencies are in the same order you might not know what is channel 7 to them in their radios.
Chankel - I've been a member of Joe's old page for as long as I can remember and honestly with the more recent lack of activity around it I forgot all about it. I don't know if he has them in the order he wrote them down or if they match the radios they use though.

Last edited:

phillydjdan

Hasn't Joe made his guide freely available recently? I went there the other day and no login was required. I think I remember him announcing that he was doing that and wasn't going to be updating. I could be wrong, though.

cdavisjr

Joe did take passwords off his site and for all intents/purposes was retiring from actively updating and running the site. A whole host of people myself included offered based on what they monitored best to keep it going like a sort of co-op. I always liked his freely posting anything you'd find to exist and let the rest of the membership help figure out what things really were (uses, p/l's, etc.) I understand it's harder for a site like Radioreference to be so openly accepting since they do the whole country and then some, Joe did 3 states and a handful of special stuff, definitely easier to manage. I sent my list of guide sections willing to help, assumed that he was figuring out the changeover process and maybe appointing some leadership heads, etc but haven't heard anything since and that was easily 6 months ago if not longer. If his personal situations got worse I don't know, if he changed his mind I don't know but his website is still up and running changes free and my offer to help the best I can whoever should be put in charge of hopefully running the site in a similar manner going forward still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.