Tobyhanna Army Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnyf76

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if they operate on the 380mhz system.

I drive by the base on my way back and forth to work five days a week and have always been kind of curious if base FD & PD ops were able to be monitored, since I can't locate the info in any of the data bases.

Thanks

ecps92

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I've moved that unknown system from Lancaster County to Monroe County. Confirmation of this system would be appreciated, so let us know if you hear anything. The original submission upon which the system was based was submitted by someone who captured the CC info while in the air over the Lancaster area. So, it is entirely possible this system is actually from Tobyhanna since when you get up in the air, you can hear things over a pretty big distance.

Last edited:

wnyf76

Premium Subscriber
Checked it out this morning.

Confirmed Tobyhanna army depot.

I left a little early on my way to work and found a place to sit aprox 1/4 mile from the rear gate.

Very strong control channel on 380.3875, also noted 380.6875 also in use.

I was able to catch traffic on the following talk groups, 301,302,104.

Talk groups 301 and 302 are base security.

ecps92

Drove by on the way to Scranton. Can we get the NAC added to the RRDB as well, for those who might stumble on it conventionally.

Took the outside antenna off, put the radio on Attenuation and got the CC with only the Radio Shack racing stubby inside the Car. Pretty much confirmed, sadly no activity on it while I was in range. Maybe someone can run trunker on it

Got some more to submit for updates when I return home and review the notes.

Great Mtn Top stop was Camelback Mtn, I was amazed with the number of Antenna towers how little interference was :)

I've moved that unknown system from Lancaster County to Monroe County. Confirmation of this system would be appreciated, so let us know if you hear anything. The original submission upon which the system was based was submitted by someone who captured the CC info while in the air over the Lancaster area. So, it is entirely possible this system is actually from Tobyhanna since when you get up in the air, you can hear things over a pretty big distance.

Last edited:

Steveradio

working in Mt. Pocono can pick up the control channel but do not have access to a P25 scanner and its not in my budget line items as of yet..

What were the old frequencies used before they went 380mhz see a few different antennas on some of the buildings around the base?

Status
Not open for further replies.