RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum

Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Pennsylvania.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 11:23 PM

You can join ICORRS with a UHF platform. The master site does not care about which part of the spectrum you are using, you would just not be able to roam between 800mhz sites and 400mhz sites.
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2013, 12:50 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Oh i see. you talking about a UHF p25 trunk system connected to their controller. I just don't see that happening. if they planned to do that initially they should have mandated people buying p25 radios.
Old 08-10-2013, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt134 View Post
That's interesting. Last I was aware Moon, Coraopolis and Valley Ambulance were still self-dispatched/ringdowns...are they looking to move to county in the future?

And speaking of Coraopolis, what frequency is the fire department dispatched on now?
You are correct, Moon, Cory, and Valley are still self dispatched. Not sure if they are looking to move to County in the future or not. I'd say the chances of Moon coming over is not very good being that they have a lot invested in their communications center. And I highly doubt that Northwest EMS would move to the North Zone since they are primarily based out of a South Zone community and most of their call volume is in Mckees Rocks, Stowe, Kennedy, and North Fayette. Also, from what I have seen, there is no plan for another EMS channel in the North. There is however going to be a Quaker Valley Public Safety channel which can also be used as a secondary PD and FD ops channel as needed.

From the frequency list I've seen that was sent out to all of the fire departments, the new Quaker Valley Fire channel will be North F Disp 4 and their ops channel will be North F Ops 5. Departments included on that should be: Aleppo, Avalon, Bellevue, Ben Avon, Emsworth, Leetsdale, Neville, Ohio Twp., and Sewickley. The old AK Valley Channel will become North F Disp 6 and the North Park Fire Channel will become North F Disp 7.

As far as the City, when I was working overnight, it sounded like they tried to switch some units over to the new channels at one point, but they had to move them back due to issues with the officers radios.
Old 08-11-2013, 7:23 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt134 View Post
That's interesting. Last I was aware Moon, Coraopolis and Valley Ambulance were still self-dispatched/ringdowns...are they looking to move to county in the future?

And speaking of Coraopolis, what frequency is the fire department dispatched on now?
Moon & Coraopolis are are he same fire 472.71250 173.8Hz
Old 08-11-2013, 1:31 PM

Yeah, Moon & Cory are dispatched on Moon Fire Disp.

As far as the individual ringdown centers, we all know how much AC loves those.

Northwest EMS would go to wherever the county says to go. They are based out of a south/west zone community, and half of their area is in the north/west. They could go either way.

The last I heard, it was supposed to be a standalone NW system. I guess now, they are trying to super-beef the North system?
Old 08-26-2013, 4:01 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachen_Fire View Post
Yeah, Moon & Cory are dispatched on Moon Fire Disp.
Just to confirm, Coraopolis is also on 472.2125 along with Moon and Crescent?
Old 08-26-2013, 3:02 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

There's been a few of us on here trying to figure out what frequency Coraopolis fire uses for awhile, but no one's been able to confirm it. I don't think they're on Moon's channel; last I knew they still dispatched themselves and didn't have Moon doing it for them.
Old 08-26-2013, 4:59 PM

I'll ask my buddy Dave. He would know, being a Moon dispatcher. I was under the impression that Cory was dispatched with Moon and Crescent.

I know that the EMS in Cory is on the Valley EMS VHF system, and I believe the police are on West Police.
Old 08-26-2013, 5:55 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
I'll ask my buddy Dave. He would know, being a Moon dispatcher. I was under the impression that Cory was dispatched with Moon and Crescent.

I know that the EMS in Cory is on the Valley EMS VHF system, and I believe the police are on West Police.
That would be interesting if you could find out. I listened to the audio archives of the car wash/laundromat fire Coraopolis had last night from the Allegheny County West feed, which includes Moon's channel as well as all of the usual West channels for the county. Didn't hear a peep from any Cory fire units on any of the files.

I think their police is on a 460 UHF channel of their own. I did see there's a low band license for 39.98 to the borough at 30 watts...maybe they're on there and it's just so low powered not many can hear it?
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2013, 9:32 AM

No. 39.98 is one of the very old local government channels that existed in the days when much of the county were using ringdowns. My fire department in Ross has an old FCC license from 1954 in the scrapbook which includes 33.660, 33.860, 33.920, and 39.980. That system has been out-of-use since 1995, at the very latest.

A lot of boroughs that were on those channels dropped them from the license after the systems were decommissioned, while some kept them as an emergency backup, and yet others just maintain the frequencies just because.
Old 09-01-2013, 8:38 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Wonder if the City is narrowbanding this week...or if it's being pushed back yet again? Saw Sept. 1st as the new deadline a few posts ago on this thread.
Old 09-02-2013, 4:20 PM

I tried the new PL's and narrow bandwidth this morning. They are not active yet.
Old 09-02-2013, 4:34 PM

Not sure if it means anything but PD channel 3 dispatch was on channel 8 for most of the morning and afternoon.
Old 09-06-2013, 8:50 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Doesn't appear anything has changed as of yet. On the other hand, I'm now able to pick up the Zone 3/6 police dispatch channel. I never was able to before from my location, even with an outside antenna.
Old 09-06-2013, 9:11 PM

I can confirm as now (about 20 minutes ago actually) that they are still on the old channels. I was just monitoring the old ones and they were all still active with radio traffic.

As for Channel 3 working on Channel 8, I know that they were having problems with Channel 3 for a few days and had to move everyone over to 8 as the backup.We have had problems with channels in all zones of the county recently so I don't think that was due to work on the new channels.That issue was blamed on connectivity from Verizon.

In other news, I did hear that there was a meeting either this week or last week about the West and/or Quaker Valley upgrades, but I haven't heard any details as to what happened there or if there is any new progress on that front.
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2013, 2:46 PM

Sure wish they would get it done. The volume differences between the city and the other channels that have have already been rebanded is unreal. I set my scanner to a easy comfortable listening level, and then the city comes on and it is too loud.

Well, it it takes as long as it did for the Liberty Tubes to get underway and remodeled (20 years) from the time they originally decided, we might see the city fully rebanded by 2032, but by then, it will be time to upgrade again to some new futuristic way of communication.
Old 09-14-2013, 2:27 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I'm waiting on this as well. I'd like to be able to update all of my "Pittsburgh" systems in my scanner so I'm set for the next trip. At the rate it's going I'll forget about it by then and wonder why I'm not hearing anything.

210XLT, 120XLT, BCT2, Pro-90, Pro-2048, Pro-94, BCT15X, PSR-800,BCD396XT,BCD996XT
Old 09-19-2013, 10:40 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Wonder what the issue is that narrowbanding hasn't taken place yet?

On a side note, I saw that the county filed a "Required Notification/Date of Construction" in the FCC database for 2 of the West channels, 460.500 and 460.375. Wonder if we'll be hearing things changing up soon in that area?
Old 09-22-2013, 5:59 AM

Yes. They have added a West Public Safety (finally), and it is on-air. I can't remember the frequency right now, but I have it, and it works. I also keep in mind that they may be splitting off community-repeater style for the new North Fire 4 & 5 (Quaker Valley/North Boroughs), but that is just speculation. Originally, North Fire 4 was another tone on the North Fire 7 repeater (N Park Fire 1) and North Fire 5 was another tone on the North Fire 8 repeater (Ohio Fire 2), that never went live.

BTW, I'm not holding my breath on North Fire 4 & 5. Not yet, anyways. They were supposed to be undergoing system testing in October of last year, with the system going live in late December 2012. It's September 2013, and those areas are still on a mix of VHF repeaters and simplex.

Also, if it hadn't been noted here, the North Fire system has changed designators.

North Fire 1 - Same as always
North Fire 2 - Same as always
North Fire 3 - Same as always
North Fire 4 - North Boroughs (not on air yet)
North Fire 5 - Quaker Valley (not on air yet)
North Fire 6 - old AK Valley Fire & EMS
North Fire 7 - old North Park Fire 1
North Fire 8 - old Ohio Fire 2
Old 09-22-2013, 7:41 AM

Quote:
Yes. They have added a West Public Safety (finally), and it is on-air. I can't remember the frequency right now, but I have it, and it works. I also keep in mind that they may be splitting off community-repeater style for the new North Fire 4 & 5 (Quaker Valley/North Boroughs), but that is just speculation. Originally, North Fire 4 was another tone on the North Fire 7 repeater (N Park Fire 1) and North Fire 5 was another tone on the North Fire 8 repeater (Ohio Fire 2), that never went live.

BTW, I'm not holding my breath on North Fire 4 & 5. Not yet, anyways. They were supposed to be undergoing system testing in October of last year, with the system going live in late December 2012. It's September 2013, and those areas are still on a mix of VHF repeaters and simplex.

Also, if it hadn't been noted here, the North Fire system has changed designators.

North Fire 1 - Same as always
North Fire 2 - Same as always
North Fire 3 - Same as always
North Fire 4 - North Boroughs (not on air yet)
North Fire 5 - Quaker Valley (not on air yet)
North Fire 6 - old AK Valley Fire & EMS
North Fire 7 - old North Park Fire 1
North Fire 8 - old Ohio Fire 2
According to the Frequency list that the county sent out, West Public Safety is the current West PD Ops 2/Index (old SW PD 2), same frequency and pl's, 460.375/465.375 pl 131.8. Also, according to the listing, Aleppo and Ohio Twp will be on North Fire 4 with the North Boros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free