RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum

Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Pennsylvania.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 2:43 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Cumberland County updates...........

I would like to thank whoever is doing the work on Cumberland county database info and updates. I was wondering though if all the current conventional frequencies have been confirmed? I am primarily interested in the Shippensburg area . Could someone in the know on this contact me via PM?
Old 10-03-2013, 3:31 PM
Pennsylvania DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

No, everything is not confirmed. As the notes on the page say, we need confirmation from the scanning community.

The page has been reorganized to better fit the standards outlined in the admin handbook.

A lot of the pages for counties in PA don't really look the way they are supposed to...as we get time, we are working on modifying they layout. tknepp32 modified the Cumberland page. After the big submission for the Dauphin TRS, I figured it was time to start getting the Dauphin Co page reorganized.

Lancaster and Berks also need correcting and are on my radar for clean up. Modifying the page layouts can take some time and as long as the data are there, I have not made the page layouts top priority for the time I spend on the site. When I have time, I try to get to it...but I prefer to devote the time to making changes to the content as submissions come in. Cleaning up the layout to make it look the way the management wants it gets done eventually.

With that said, you West Shore folks need to start letting us know if you hear anything on these different frequencies. I suspect much of the lowband in Cumberland is dead. Take a look at police cars and fire trucks...see if you see lowband antennas. Keep an ear out. We'll get it all figured out eventually.
Old 10-03-2013, 5:11 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I will at least program the frequencies that I think could be heard in the areas I travel. I have been picking up a hit on one of the Shippensburg police freqs. though it was very weak and no tone was seen. We'll see what happens.............
Old 10-04-2013, 12:30 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by markandjere View Post
I will at least program the frequencies that I think could be heard in the areas I travel. I have been picking up a hit on one of the Shippensburg police freqs. though it was very weak and no tone was seen. We'll see what happens.............
What freq did you get the hit on?
Old 10-04-2013, 1:16 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

159.150 - however it was bearly readable and no tone was displayed. It may have been another source altogether. . I plan on dedicating a scanner to some old freqs in the area and see what I hear.
Old 10-05-2013, 5:43 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I will plug them into my mobile and see if I pick up anything. I work just across the river and go there quite often when stopping to see my parents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

My Scanners: Uniden HP-1, Uniden Bearcat BC125AT and Uniden Bearcat BC355N
Old 10-08-2013, 8:37 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I saw the updates and was surprised, as I did not think anyone was still using all of the low-band frequencies that were added. I know my department is not.

Old 10-08-2013, 9:48 PM
Pennsylvania DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosehead88 View Post
I saw the updates and was surprised, as I did not think anyone was still using all of the low-band frequencies that were added. I know my department is not.
Frequency listings will show as green or updated even if it is just a change in the formatting of the page. Not much we can do about that. So, even though a bunch of old lowband and other old listings turned green recently, we received no new information on whether they are still in use or not.
Old 10-14-2013, 3:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Still can't pin down what or where the traffic is coming from on159.150. I don't think it is Shippensburg pd though unless it is really low powered. I can faintly hear traffic on my 96 w/800 duckie. I also have it set on that freq with a Pro-2042 and scantenna upstairs but can't quite hear enough to possitively identify a user.