471.9625 TRBO Noise - Delco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septa3371CSX1

For the past few days I've been getting a constant TRBO noise on 471.9625 from my apartment near State and Lansdowne in Upper Darby. I know no one is licensed to use frequencies in the Channel 14 range in my area (only 19 and 20 are used) but I do know they use them in Central and Northern New Jersey. The signal doesn't register with very many bars on the signal meter on my Pro 106 (using standard rubber duck antenna) but is clearly audible and after checking with other known TRBO frequencies in the area I can confirm it is definitely TRBO noise I am hearing on it. Any idea who this frequency belongs to and how I'm able to hear it from my location even though I'm a good 40-50 miles away from the nearest Channel 14 LMR users?

DMR noise

It could be Fascination Communications, LLC or MIC Talk, Inc. They have DMR in the emissions. Hope this helped out. Here are the licenses. It could be from skip. Did you get this late at night and early in the morning?

KBB824
WPMV796

phillydjdan

It could be Fascination Communications, LLC or MIC Talk, Inc. They have DMR in the emissions.

KBB824
WPMV796

I'm willing to bet it's the latter. I am picking it up in Northeast Philly, but I have to use my outside antenna to do so. Since the latter license lists the transmit location as Waterford Works, Camden County, It's safe to say that's the user we are hearing. It is quite interesting that there is a license for this frequency in this market, not many of them for sure!

ampulman

Am picking it up rather strongly in Voorhees/Marlton area on a 106.

This is my first encounter with a TRBO transmission. Is the constant 'noise' what one monitoring with a non-TRBO receiver hear?

Amp

Septa3371CSX1

Am picking it up rather strongly in Voorhees/Marlton area on a 106.

This is my first encounter with a TRBO transmission. Is the constant 'noise' what one monitoring with a non-TRBO receiver hear?

Amp

Yes and no. On single frequency TRBO systems I generally only hear the noise when a transmission is occurring. Seeing as this one is a constant data stream I'm guessing it would be part of a multi-frequency TRBO trunk system.

Seeing as I hear this regularly now when searching T Band I would guess it is coming from Camden County. Just strikes me odd that they would use this frequency down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.