Northumberland County, PA going P25 VHF Digital Trunked Phase I Syatem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nc4954

Northumberland County, Pennsylvania is currently underway with a new radio project to implement a Motorola Phase I VHF P25 Digital Trunked Radio System.

The system will use 5 VHF radio channels and 1 conventional VHF (RX only) dispatch channel. Fire, EMS, and Police will be using the new system. The system should be operational by Q3 of 2014.

Radio subscriber units will be from Motorola (APX6000 1.5 Models and Kenwood TK-5210K7 Models) All county purchased radio equipment will be Motorola.

More info will be posted as it becomes available.

nc4954

Yes, your correct, wrong county. Northumberland County currently uses the antiquated Low Band (46.50) for fire dispatch and for our 7 OPS channels. VHF/UHF for PD, VHF for EMA and county government, and last the MED system for EMS dispatch.

The new VHF Trunked system will integrate all the above into one system.

Jim_Shaffer

Has the dispute been settled yet as to whether fire dispatches in the northern part of the county will be switched to the new system, or remain on the Union County analog system? (Also, how long is Union County going to remain analog?)

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Generally, there is not a great deal of input from the northcentral area of the state. Not so many people up there and I guess most of those who use scanners don't participate in these forums.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I'll do the best I can to help out with this - my boss has a regular habit of sending me on service calls to Shamokin/Coal Twp & sometimes even Selinsgrove & Muncy. When I get jobs out that way I'll bring my scanner...

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Has the dispute been settled yet as to whether fire dispatches in the northern part of the county will be switched to the new system, or remain on the Union County analog system? (Also, how long is Union County going to remain analog?)
The northern part of the county is going to continue to be dispatched by union until further notice but northumberland will be putting up a tower in the northern part of the county. As far as union going digital they have no plans to do so as far as I know since they just went vhf high analog for their fire stuff this past year.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Also I'm not too sure that 5 channels will be enough to handle all the traffic in Northumberland county. What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

pete7919

Not at this time

Thanks, but can you clarify? Do you mean that the county doesn't have the VHF frequencies assigned yet?

I'm not very well versed in the FCC database but there was a frequency 156.2025 issued on 9/19/13 with the following description:

"THE APPLICANT IS A GOVERNMENT ENTITY PROVING PAGING SERVICE FOR FIRE/EMS DISPATCH"

Thanks.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, but can you clarify? Do you mean that the county doesn't have the VHF frequencies assigned yet?

I'm not very well versed in the FCC database but there was a frequency 156.2025 issued on 9/19/13 with the following description:

"THE APPLICANT IS A GOVERNMENT ENTITY PROVING PAGING SERVICE FOR FIRE/EMS DISPATCH"

Thanks.
I stand corrected, that frequency looks like the new one to me I was unaware of it thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.