RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum

Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Pennsylvania.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2013, 9:42 AM

Default Data bursts 155.670

Was wondering if anyone with a digital radio can identify the source of the data bursts which have recently appeared on 155.670 in the southeastern part of Pa.

Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2013, 5:52 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Every now and then I'll hear a PA State Police (Philadelphia or Media?) radio check on that frequency around shift starting time.
Old 12-29-2013, 9:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
Every now and then I'll hear a PA State Police (Philadelphia or Media?) radio check on that frequency around shift starting time.
Hello Soberbyker, yes it is the "old" state police channel B base. It is still used by Phila, Avondale, and a few other barracks within range of my antenna.
The digital transmissions have started recently and are not exactly booming in. They are short one second or so bursts timed out evenly at about the same rate that a telephone rings, with longer transmissions occurring at random times.
Now I am wondering if anyone else can hear them also.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbum View Post
The digital transmissions have started recently and are not exactly booming in. They are short one second or so bursts timed out evenly at about the same rate that a telephone rings, with longer transmissions occurring at random times.
The same thing is happening on Ch D Troop F or G.. There is also analog repeater traffic from Montoursville PSP troop F & some troop G on 154.6650

Last edited by captclint; 12-29-2013 at 10:44 AM..
Old 12-29-2013, 10:39 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbum View Post
Hello Soberbyker, yes it is the "old" state police channel B base. It is still used by Phila, Avondale, and a few other barracks within range of my antenna.
Thanks, I was on my laptop when I responded and knew it was PSP just not which one as I didn't have my list in front of me and I'm in the middle of the two. I'll hear a couple of cars and the base each morning do the radio check and nothing else, no data bursts. I have been picking up some static, like a transmission on a channel too far away, on the car to car and tac channels too.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:53 AM

Default ref: data busts

this may not be related, but 156.675 starting about 2 weeks ago stays in a state of static. squelch adjustment has no effect on it. this is in southern Delaware.