monitoring Schuylkill

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
I was in the Skook all day Saturday and heard very little on my 996XT. A few weeks ago, I heard nothing, so I removed all of the PL tones for the frequencies.

This time I heard absolutely no PD on any channel, and no FD at all (possibly a quiet day, which happens from time to time).

Any idea why it seems my rig is deaf here? I went 81 to 54 to Tamaqua, down 209 into Pottsville, then down 901, through Cressona and over 183 to 419 and the only thing I heard on the Skook frequencies were patch requests to the hospitals.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
The P25 is not live yet. I am pretty familiar with the area, as that is where I am from. It is odd that things got so quiet.

captclint

Mentor
The P25 is not live yet. It is odd that things got so quiet.
Another member from the area reported no activity on the old channels at least a month ago, so it is not just one quiet day. If they are not on the P25 system, they must have solved the crime problem:)

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
Another member from the area reported no activity on the old channels at least a month ago, so it is not just one quiet day. If they are not on the P25 system, they must have solved the crime problem:)

LOL.

I also had the P25 system programmed with open ID search and heard nothing there either.

I am guessing there are changes needed to the DB.

captclint

Mentor
I also had the P25 system programmed with open ID search and heard nothing there either.
Doesn't the 996XT skip over enc trafffic? I don't have a digital, but I did hear digital "noise" on all channels in the DB for several days, and also
I'm 32 miles from Pottsville (at 2000'' above seal evel), but I was able to hear the old system. All DB freq's plus the 2 above had reasonably similar signal strength, but by no means a positive ID.

Steveradio

The police radio systems was actually better than the Fire/EMS frequencies at the time. Know EMS is now repeated as well now but im too far East in Monroe Co to pick up anything.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
The 911 Center has moved frequencies and they are now encrypted

Moved to where? To the new system? On ID search I will get the noise from encrypted comms, just like on any other system. I cannot imagine that every department in the Skook has new radios on a new system already, when most of them don't even have full time officers.

joeyvb

all Police and Most of EMS is on the system now. Just got ours at my EMS station Fire is up next and on the radios screen it says AES.... so im guessing thats encryption

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
Any new news? Still hoping they change their mind on FD encryption

Sent from my LG-F350K using Tapatalk

Steveradio

According to media reports most departments are slowly switching over or have switched over to the digital system.

Believe they do have the capable of analog/digital services, know EMS you can hear them say switch to Digital or Analog

Status
Not open for further replies.