RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum

Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Pennsylvania.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scnrfrq View Post
Attached is my database of all the frequencies by location. If you have any changes, just let me know.
Your Post #73 shows frequency 453.8500 for Northeast, Corry, Ediboro, Albion, and Elk Creek while you Zip file shows 453.9500 for these locations.
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2018, 2:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That info was from another member. Not sure what his resource was. I just checked the license filings I have, and 453.95 is correct.
Old 09-17-2018, 3:39 PM

That was me. The info originated from an application filed for the Erie County P25 system in 2016.

In early 2017, Canada objected to the use of 453.85 due to a system operating on the same frequency in Nanticoke, Ontario.
Old 09-17-2018, 4:05 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I was born and raised in Erie a long time ago and still have relatives there. My dad was an Erie fireman for 32 years. Back in the early 1950's I used to listed to Erie fire on a one crystal mounted on a piece of wood with an ear plug. Times are a changing.
Old 09-17-2018, 4:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipesy View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I was born and raised in Erie a long time ago and still have relatives there. My dad was an Erie fireman for 32 years. Back in the early 1950's I used to listed to Erie fire on a one crystal mounted on a piece of wood with an ear plug. Times are a changing.
I can relate. Born in Erie in 1950. Been listening since about 1960 on just about every radio and scanner you can imagine. Things are getting a lot more complicated to figure out now, but if you stick to it eventually all is well.
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2018, 7:57 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Here's an updated list of my frequencies by location database.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Erie County P25 System (9-21-18).zip (8.6 KB, 29 views)
Old 10-01-2018, 3:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Here's the latest update from the consultant overseeing the building of the new system:
"All but two towers are built (the last two are in progress).
Installation of equipment is in progress at the sites already completed or sites that were already ready.
We should be scheduling a public meeting in the near future."

Sounds like a ways to go before any testing.
Old 10-12-2018, 4:54 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

There was a public meeting last night, but I'm not sure anyone from the public was there. I sure didn't know about it, so didn't attend. I've been busy and may have missed the notice, but I've been trying to keep an eye out for it. In any case, I hope to get at least a summary of the meeting from those involved.
From what was on the news, they said testing would take about 30 days, with training in December. The new completion date is now March of next year.
Old 10-14-2018, 6:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
There was a public meeting last night, but I'm not sure anyone from the public was there. I sure didn't know about it, so didn't attend. I've been busy and may have missed the notice, but I've been trying to keep an eye out for it. In any case, I hope to get at least a summary of the meeting from those involved.
From what was on the news, they said testing would take about 30 days, with training in December. The new completion date is now March of next year.
The head consultant was nice enough to send me a copy of their presentation from the meeting. It's 46 pages and contains a wealth of info regarding channels, tower construction, implementation status, etc.If anyone wants a copy, let me know.
Old 10-14-2018, 6:26 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'd be interested in a copy w8vfd1@gmail.com

Quote:
The head consultant was nice enough to send me a copy of their presentation from the meeting. It's 46 pages and contains a wealth of info regarding channels, tower construction, implementation status, etc.If anyone wants a copy, let me know.
Old 10-16-2018, 3:03 PM

Here's a link to the presentation from the main page of the Erie County Department of Public Safety web site (link is also at the top of their home page): https://www.eriecountypa.gov/media/6...2018_final.pdf