RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum


Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Pennsylvania.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #981 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2018, 9:51 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Uniontown, PA
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scan-pa View Post
Always put in all frequencies, they could and are supposed to rotate all frequencies as the control and data and burst channel...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hmm?? Really?? Why are they supposed to rotate all frequencies as the control and data and burst channel??

Each RF Site/Simulcast system can only have 4 control channels.

And for my trunking system I have had my control channel on CH 1 of my system now since January 2015..... been in transmit for almost 4 years.....only time it has rolled is during maintenance and upgrades......
__________________
***************
Tony Alviar, KA3VOR
--To err is human, to foul things up at the speed of light requires a computer!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #982 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2018, 5:22 AM
BigLebowski's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Piedmont NC
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talviar View Post
Hmm?? Really?? Why are they supposed to rotate all frequencies as the control and data and burst channel??

Each RF Site/Simulcast system can only have 4 control channels.

And for my trunking system I have had my control channel on CH 1 of my system now since January 2015..... been in transmit for almost 4 years.....only time it has rolled is during maintenance and upgrades......
I think he has Harris and Motorola systems confused. Harris systems can use any site frequency as a control channel at any time whereas Motorola only use up to 4.
Reply With Quote
  #983 (permalink)  
Old 09-21-2018, 5:27 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NW PA
Posts: 393
Default

New FCC Filing. Not sure if it's for the new system.
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WRCE588 - PENNSYLVANIA, COMMONWEALTH OF
Reply With Quote
  #984 (permalink)  
Old 09-21-2018, 6:13 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NW PA
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scnrfrq View Post
See post 965 of this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #985 (permalink)  
Old 09-21-2018, 6:14 AM
HM1529's Avatar
Pennsylvania DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: West of the Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 2,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scnrfrq View Post
Back in post 965 I asked local folks to confirm if this was on the air, yet. It would appear as though it is a new site for the Phase 2 system.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #986 (permalink)  
Old 09-21-2018, 6:40 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NW PA
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM1529 View Post
Back in post 965 I asked local folks to confirm if this was on the air, yet. It would appear as though it is a new site for the Phase 2 system.
As of yesterday it is not showing as a neighbor of any of the existing Erie sites.
Reply With Quote
  #987 (permalink)  
Old 09-21-2018, 7:14 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: White Haven Pa
Posts: 68
Unhappy Trouble shooting

I came across a video produced by Harris on what to do if the radio is having problems.

https://youtu.be/nYi5fv4W1fM
Reply With Quote
  #988 (permalink)  
Old 09-21-2018, 7:47 AM
HM1529's Avatar
Pennsylvania DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: West of the Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 2,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB3DYE View Post
I came across a video produced by Harris on what to do if the radio is having problems.

https://youtu.be/nYi5fv4W1fM
Bob, please, this thread is about the new P25 Phase 2 system. If you want to share stuff about the old OpenSky, there is a thread for that.
Reply With Quote
  #989 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2018, 6:20 AM
BM82557's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berkeley Co WV
Posts: 2,414
Default Site 1.58

Neighbors for 1.58 have changed since I last checked -
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #990 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2018, 9:33 AM
mtindor's Avatar
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Posts: 6,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM82557 View Post
Neighbors for 1.58 have changed since I last checked -
1.55 859.6875 should be YORK35 - Hanover, PA
1.90 851.625 could be DAUP17 - Harrisburg, PA (WPQC947 - but license doesn't have P25 emissions)

Certainly there has to be some people in Daupin / York area that could check those control channels.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #991 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2018, 7:18 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NW PA
Posts: 90
Default

Erie 80 is showing a new neighbor this morning, site 192, although failed. current. Notably absent is Lawrence Park (Erie 84) which I confirmed is not on the air this AM.
Reply With Quote
  #992 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2018, 8:57 AM
mtindor's Avatar
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Posts: 6,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbender View Post
Erie 80 is showing a new neighbor this morning, site 192, although failed. current. Notably absent is Lawrence Park (Erie 84) which I confirmed is not on the air this AM.
Looks like it is probably ERIE82 Corry / Five Points WRCE588

Both Presque Isle and Five Points have that frequency on their license. Are we sure Presque Isle is 1.16 ? (versus Five Points being 1.16 and Presque Isle being 1.92 ? I'm guessing you all are, since I think the Five Points license wasn't issued before Presque Isle was discovered online.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #993 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2018, 9:32 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NW PA
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
Looks like it is probably ERIE82 Corry / Five Points WRCE588

Both Presque Isle and Five Points have that frequency on their license. Are we sure Presque Isle is 1.16 ? (versus Five Points being 1.16 and Presque Isle being 1.92 ? I'm guessing you all are, since I think the Five Points license wasn't issued before Presque Isle was discovered online.

Mike
It must be Five Points. I am monitoring Presque Isle as Erie 40 site 016 now. There is no way I would receive Five Points from my location with the antenna I am using.
Reply With Quote
  #994 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2018, 9:40 AM
mtindor's Avatar
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Posts: 6,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbender View Post
It must be Five Points. I am monitoring Presque Isle as Erie 40 site 016 now. There is no way I would receive Five Points from my location with the antenna I am using.
Good deal. Thank you for confirming that.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #995 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2018, 3:28 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NW PA
Posts: 90
Default

To avoid confusion it would be best to refer to the Erie82 site as Corry rather than Five Points. The Erie County 911 center, the location of Erie80, is near an intersection also known as five points. I also know of one other five points in Erie.
Reply With Quote
  #996 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2018, 7:43 PM
HM1529's Avatar
Pennsylvania DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: West of the Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 2,142
Default

I had a chance to monitor site 44 the other day. Looks like this might actually be Belleville MIFF40 and not Little Flat CENT08. The site was broadcasting the following:

WQWD726
161.8125 cc
161.8150 alt/voice
161.8875 voice

Neighbors:
1.42 159.240
1.43 155.670
1.45 154.905
1.47 154.130 (failed)
1.62 155.460

Unit affiliations occurred on the site on these talkgroups:

10144
10145
10146
10148

I'll get the site updated in the database.
Reply With Quote
  #997 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2018, 3:18 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oil City, Venango County, PA
Posts: 169
Default

Seneca has changed neighbors as well
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #998 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2018, 6:48 PM
mtindor's Avatar
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Posts: 6,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM1529 View Post
I had a chance to monitor site 44 the other day. Looks like this might actually be Belleville MIFF40 and not Little Flat CENT08. The site was broadcasting the following:

WQWD726
161.8125 cc
161.8150 alt/voice
161.8875 voice

Neighbors:
1.42 159.240
1.43 155.670
1.45 154.905
1.47 154.130 (failed)
1.62 155.460

Unit affiliations occurred on the site on these talkgroups:

10144
10145
10146
10148

I'll get the site updated in the database.
I'm pretty sure I'm the one who originally added 1-044 as CENT08 (but I could be wrong) and that I would have done so not only because it was a location without a license that made sense but also because of some map I had looked at in which the "dot" seemed to be on CENT08 I went back to reference that map but of course I lost track of it. Maybe I was totally imagining it.

Wonder why they aren't using the licensed freqs for MIFF40 and have decided to use the 161 freqs.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #999 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2018, 7:39 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Uniontown, PA
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
I'm pretty sure I'm the one who originally added 1-044 as CENT08 (but I could be wrong) and that I would have done so not only because it was a location without a license that made sense but also because of some map I had looked at in which the "dot" seemed to be on CENT08 I went back to reference that map but of course I lost track of it. Maybe I was totally imagining it.

Wonder why they aren't using the licensed freqs for MIFF40 and have decided to use the 161 freqs.

Mike

Frequencies being licensed doesn't mean when they do the site checks and such that they will work..... Or not enough freqs for load and additional freqs may have been difficult to integrate into the TX combiners and provide proper isolation to the receivers....... way too many variables to figure it out....
__________________
***************
Tony Alviar, KA3VOR
--To err is human, to foul things up at the speed of light requires a computer!
Reply With Quote
  #1000 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2018, 8:00 PM
HM1529's Avatar
Pennsylvania DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: West of the Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 2,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talviar View Post
Frequencies being licensed doesn't mean when they do the site checks and such that they will work..... Or not enough freqs for load and additional freqs may have been difficult to integrate into the TX combiners and provide proper isolation to the receivers....... way too many variables to figure it out....
It is definitely an oddity because both MIFF40 and CENT08 are pretty close together spatially...only about 7 miles apart. I can't imagine that they actually need both sites.

As an aside, according to the 436 display, I was periodically picking the site up all the way down on the turnpike well east of Harrisburg while I was heading west the other day. This was with an external VHF antenna.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sticky

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions