York County - HARRIS RF COM - p25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully we can use this thread for updates on the York County system. The central zone is on the air. The current control channel is 500.5625. I am able to pick up the central system in the Harrisburg area with only a back of scanner whip. Unitrunker is giving me a hard time with P25 again, but if I can get it sorted out I will post additional info.

whatnext

Central

Yes.. a single channel is on the air for testing.. there will be ONE channel on the air for each system during the next 5 days.. This is being done for comparison purposes (to compare Raptor plots to actual measured results)..

Progress is being made !!!

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I see that York County has petitioned the FCC for more testing. They have filed for another STA, which includes more than one site this time. This should prove to be interesting.

73s

Ron

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
I was able to pick up the CC for Central and North sites when I was in Hershey, however am unable to pickup anything from Lebanon City area. :(

The single talk group picked up was one of MA/COM's Radio Tech's normal Digital Talk Groups.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
I can no longer copy the central system from Spry. Over the past few weeks, I could copy the control channel on the central system without an antenna from my house, leading me to believe that it was coming from the Queen Street tower. But now it's gone :( Never did get any TGIDs either.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
nightwatch said:
up and running with a drug units today cent disp,x-patched to 155.475,159.435

Which system did you copy this on? I don't have anything in Spry. TGIDs or anything like that?

nightwatch

im using a icom pcr2500 p25 i cant id tg's but they said on natl-155.475 there up for a drug search.it was york reg pd. lots of talk on 159.435 too.i think it was a one time thing fro the sounds of it.

excrx94

ocguard said:
I can no longer copy the central system from Spry. Over the past few weeks, I could copy the control channel on the central system without an antenna from my house, leading me to believe that it was coming from the Queen Street tower. But now it's gone :( Never did get any TGIDs either.

Queenstreet was on for a little while. there was coverage testing done. Once that was completed it was turned off. this will happen multiple times over the few months with different sites.

whatnext

York Co TRS

I don't know what you are hearing, But York does not have ANY radios in anyones hands other than M/A Com and their radio techs.. THERE ARE NO POLICE OR FIRE COMMS ON THE SYSTEM ANY WHERE...

Keep your ears open as the Central system is going to be up for testing in the next week or so..

Implimentation is ON SCHEDULE..

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
nightwatch said:
im using a icom pcr2500 p25 i cant id tg's but they said on natl-155.475 there up for a drug search.it was york reg pd. lots of talk on 159.435 too.i think it was a one time thing fro the sounds of it.

PSP's Harrisburg Central Dispatch had National patched to the OpenSky for a great deal of time last weekend. You could clearly tell (listening to National) that the voice was a patch from digital. Maybe this is what you heard. I heard NOTHING on the York P25 system except the control channel from Gatchellville.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
The Central system is back on the air, but I can't tell which tower. Is it in full simulcast?

excrx94

ocguard said:
The Central system is back on the air, but I can't tell which tower. Is it in full simulcast?

The central system is not simulcasting only one tower is on for some testing.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Test

P'ville is off and Red Lion is on FOR TESTING..(central system)

As is Lower Chanceford has a few channels up for TESTING as well...(South system)

Merry Christmas !!

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
picking up a week signal from LebCo. on the Central York Co. system.

keep on testing MA/COM, and get this system on-line. York needs it.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
dcr_inc, any idea when testing will start in full or partial simulcast?

scan-pa, if you can get the central system from Lebanon, you should have good luck when the north system comes on.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
test

OCGuard,
No word on simulcast testing.. there are a few system related control items left to be installed and burned in.. If the simulcast systems work half as good as the individual sites do, LOOK OUT !! this system will be hard to hide from...

As stands today.. red lion is off and Q' Street is on FOR TESTING.. This site walks the walk and sure as *($$ talks the talk !!!.. i'd be interested to see who hears it where..

GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING IN YORK COUNTY !!

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So, then do you think I'll be able to pick up the system from the Ephrata area? What about the Denver/Adamstown area?

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Now Just need to wait on DauCo. to begin testing the eastern half of there new radio system. also in the 500mhz band. testing to begin by march. The YorkCo. system will work great from what I have heard the radio techs say on the 2 or 3 TG I have picked up so far. The one tech reported better results then they were expecting at the site they were testing on Thursday.

alot of dead keying and 12345 54321 testing was done that day, the first P25 audio I have been able to pickup on my PSR-500.

Status
Not open for further replies.