New Federal P25 in Eastern PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhopping

scan-pa said:
Or get the rest of the Freqs. :)
Easier said than done. If it's really new, the only activity for a long time could be just that control channel. In the DC area there were control channels transmitting for months before there was any activity. One of the sites in the Marine Corps system has been only a control channel for probably a year now.

Looking at what military installations are somewhat close, I wouldn't rule out the Tobyhanna Army Depot being a possibility, especially since there is nothing for it in the database or any place else that I could find.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Add 385.025 as a CC also.

Had my brother in Lancaster spin a yagi around and (assuming his rotor read out is correct)...

I'm 95% sure this is from Fort Indiantown Gap which is primarily in Lebanon County but part of the test range is in Dauphin County.

Dave

freqhopping

Audiodave1 said:

Had my brother in Lancaster spin a yagi around and (assuming his rotor read out is correct)...

I'm 95% sure this is from Fort Indiantown Gap which is primarily in Lebanon County but part of the test range is in Dauphin County.

Dave
385.025 is the control channel for the Raven Rock site 005-0101. So unless he has a sysid to go along with what he's receiving it's not related.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Audiodave1 said:

Dave

It's not in Lebanon County or at the gap. I live in Lebanon County, and I am not picking up a CC on any of the 2 freqs, listed so far. With any Ant.

I can pick up York County & Dauphin County's new trunked system's CC when there testing them, so I know the ANT are working.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
No SYSid and as I said "assuming" his rotor reading matched the true direction....

Not a bad DX from that far though! Nothing heard on the already posted CC.

Dave

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I checked the frequency---and I am within range of the Tobyhanna Army Depot. No activity.

I do have the VHF freq I have heard activity on. Contact me if u want it ;-)

Boomeranger

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Why doesn't fun s**t like this happen in Delaware county? :(

Scanning has reached more of a boring point than applying deoderant.

Andy
Scannist with BO.

Status
Not open for further replies.