RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum

Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Pennsylvania.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Pennsylvania DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzep491 View Post
Whats the ENC status of the newly ID"s TGID's for PD township-specific channels.

I was under the impression they were all strapped but the DB shows Digital unenc.
I had been told early on that all the police and ems local talkgroups were encrypted. The most recent submission indicated otherwise. If listeners note constant encryption, let us know via a database submission and corrections will be made.
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2013, 1:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benrussellpa View Post
I had been told early on that all the police and ems local talkgroups were encrypted. The most recent submission indicated otherwise. If listeners note constant encryption, let us know via a database submission and corrections will be made.
I'd say go ahead and mark em with the big, ugly E designator.
While I am not currently in the county able to listen, any and all times I have monitored Dauphin ALL of these PD twp TG's were strapped.

Still good to have them ID'd for reference though, so +1 for the submission.

TO WHOMEVER POSTED THE UPDATE: How'd you manage to get all that info, access to a user radio?
Old 10-03-2013, 3:36 PM
Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzep491 View Post
I'd say go ahead and mark em with the big, ugly E designator.
While I am not currently in the county able to listen, any and all times I have monitored Dauphin ALL of these PD twp TG's were strapped.

Still good to have them ID'd for reference though, so +1 for the submission.

TO WHOMEVER POSTED THE UPDATE: How'd you manage to get all that info, access to a user radio?
I was in Harrisburg for a meeting for work today...confirmed enc on two of the local PD talkgroups, so I am going to guess that they are all strapped encrypted like I was originally told.

Sometimes it is best for database submitters to keep their sources or methods to themselves. Depending on where you are, govt officials will get wound up about this stuff being detailed in the database even when they are already using encryption. Philly is a good example of that. I don't understand it myself since they're already encrypted. But, everybody has their own ideas about this stuff.
Old 11-24-2013, 9:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Does anyone know the alpha numerical dispatch frequency? Or is that still locked down.
Old 11-25-2013, 6:53 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffjb58 View Post
Does anyone know the alpha numerical dispatch frequency? Or is that still locked down.
It used to be listed in the database -- not sure why it's been removed. It was their old EMA UHF frequency if my memory serves me correctly.
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2013, 6:27 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocguard View Post
It used to be listed in the database -- not sure why it's been removed. It was their old EMA UHF frequency if my memory serves me correctly.
Thanks ocguard, I did some looking around and don't see that frequency. I did find 453.8000 floating on the FCC database. Considering York and Lebanon are close to that I'm going to give that a shot for now.

Last edited by ffjb58; 11-26-2013 at 6:29 AM.. Reason: Change of dauphin to Lebanon
Old 11-26-2013, 8:41 AM
Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

I did some removal of old frequencies a couple months ago based on some submission data. If the alpha paging freq was accidentally removed, resubmit it. I do not know what it is, so somebody will need to make that submission so it can be added to the database.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:03 PM

Someone might try 460.275 (WQIS511, WQIS512, AND WQIS513)
That's the only Dauphin frequency I see a license for that has a paging emission
(9K20F1D)

Here in Gettysburg, I hear paging on this frequency, but I'm unable to hear their
trunking system to see if a correlation exists.
Old 12-04-2013, 1:32 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Yesterday my 996XT was a deaf as a post on the Simulcast. No signal whatsoever. I was forced to turn on the Peter's Mountain site to get some reception. It seems to have been working better today.

Did I miss something? Usually I get strong signal in the area I travel in Dauphin.

Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2013, 3:49 AM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wanted to get confirmation from locals regarding a submission.

Someone submitted the 453.800 freq as the paging channel which I placed then received a PM that's it is 460.275 . Just wanted to get further confirmation since I have conflicting information.
Old 12-24-2013, 7:01 AM

i go to middletown ALOT monthly, would I need to just put the TMI site as active then delete the rest, with freescan?
Old 12-24-2013, 8:38 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Lancopa,

If you want to hear EVERTHING in the county, you'll need to program the simulcast also. Here's what I have found in the past years: If you just want to listen to fire and ems, program in a non-simulcast tower. The TMI tower will broadcast ems and fire from anywhere in the county. Non-simulcast towers, like TMI, will not broadcast PD that use simulcast. You need to program in the simulcast to hear absolutely everything possible. The only downside to that is simulcast is hard to listen to because of multipath. In fact, I had to build a yagi to point at the closest simulcast tower to get the best reception. I plan on making a video this afternoon to show my progress with decoding the system. I'll post a link once I do it!

Good luck!

P.S. If you travel near TMI, you should be able to receive from the simulcast on Chambers Hill.

Old 12-25-2013, 6:19 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Dauphin County - Motorola p25 System

I work in Dauphin County and don't have a P25 capable scanner. Can someone share the different simulcast frequencies and their tower locations? I do get hits on 460.275 here at home in Perry County on occasion, but I think it is either static or data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Scanners: Uniden HP-1, Uniden Bearcat BC125AT and Uniden Bearcat BC355N
Old 12-27-2013, 1:30 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

This afternoon I have confirmed encryption on the following talkgroups that are listed as digital in the database.

11803 Lower Paxton PD
11820 HIA PD
31801 Life Team EMS

Old 12-28-2013, 2:17 PM

Default Paging

I posted last week regarding the frequency being used for
Dauphin County paging. (460.275) That is the only frequency
they have a license for that permits paging. (9K20F1D)

Utilizing a service monitor, good preamp, and station master antenna, the signal is loud and and easy
to decode at my location. Left it run for most of the morning and these are definitely alerts for Dauphin County. The format is Pocsag (1200 baud)

The frequency is 460.275 as previously reported. I listened on the current listed
data base frequency of 453.800, and no paging signals were observed over a three hour period.
During that period, there were multiple calls as monitored on their trunked system

Call Signs (Multiple Locations) All 460.275 Mhz

WQIS511 (Has CW ider)
WQIS512
WQIS515
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2013, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister_2 View Post
Lancopa,

If you want to hear EVERTHING in the county, you'll need to program the simulcast also. Here's what I have found in the past years: If you just want to listen to fire and ems, program in a non-simulcast tower. The TMI tower will broadcast ems and fire from anywhere in the county. Non-simulcast towers, like TMI, will not broadcast PD that use simulcast. You need to program in the simulcast to hear absolutely everything possible. The only downside to that is simulcast is hard to listen to because of multipath. In fact, I had to build a yagi to point at the closest simulcast tower to get the best reception. I plan on making a video this afternoon to show my progress with decoding the system. I'll post a link once I do it!

Good luck!

P.S. If you travel near TMI, you should be able to receive from the simulcast on Chambers Hill.
Would it be easier to just let everything programmed in then? Instead of me worrying if I removed the wrong one?
Old 03-04-2014, 6:05 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Just looking for confirmation of whether or not the Dauphin County Coroner TG is encrypted. I know that the local police TGs are and have removed them from my favorites lists.

My Scanners: Uniden HP-1, Uniden Bearcat BC125AT and Uniden Bearcat BC355N
Old 03-04-2014, 1:34 PM
Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmg1969 View Post
Just looking for confirmation of whether or not the Dauphin County Coroner TG is encrypted. I know that the local police TGs are and have removed them from my favorites lists.
I was under the impression that it was based on some info I received off list. All I can say is program it in and wait to see if you hear anything. Depending on the software/scanner you're using, you may need to enter it manually because some of the programs do not download talkgroups listed as encrypted.
Old 04-24-2014, 4:31 PM

Is anyone using the new 536 or 436 Unidens on this system? If so how is it and can you supply a recording?
Old 04-24-2014, 7:47 PM
Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancopa View Post
Is anyone using the new 536 or 436 Unidens on this system? If so how is it and can you supply a recording?

I just passed through Dauphin County today with my 436. The system was tracked well and sounded very good on the 436. I listened to Dauphin from the Lawn service plaza on the turnpike to the 11/15 and 322 interchange while I was driving through the area.

Tags