Pine Ridge Community in PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakell

Does anyone know the frequecy for the public safety/Security for Pine Ridge Community in Bushkill Pike County PA? Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
jimboro said:
Bushkill is on the pennsylvania STARNET System according to what it says on the system.

According to what? This doesn't make sense.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see where you're getting confused. The sites listed here: http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=2660 are simply locations for towers sites belonging to the PA-STARNet system. That doesn't mean that places with those names are using the OpenSky network.

In fact, this list is far from complete since there are nearly 1,000 tower sites (both high profile and low profile) statewide. I don't know anyone who really wants to spend their time trying to get all the sites listed since nobody can listen to the system anyway...that's a pretty low return on investment if you ask me.

Last edited:

jakell

So what does this all mean exactly to a person not so educated in the ways of you guys?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
jakell said:
So what does this all mean exactly to a person not so educated in the ways of you guys?

What would you like explained? The frequency you were looking for should be the VHf freq. I posted above. The tangent discussion that popped up is related to the Commonwealth of PA's statewide trunked radio system that is under final development. The state system uses a trunking technology called OpenSky that cannot be monitored via scanners (it uses a trunking protocol that can't be tracked and a digital voice vocoder than can't be decoded by any scanners on the market).

If you want clarification on something else, let me know. I'm happy to help.

jakell

so the 151.775 should be the public safety for pine ridge? I programmed it but there has been absolutely no traffic.

Last edited:

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
i know its an old thread but did you ever find out the frequency for Pine Ridge ? is that place still in bad shape ?

mark40

Premium Subscriber
You won't see anything unless Pine Ridge holds the FCC license.

If Pine Ridge is still with Industrial Electronics (IE), IE holds the license so you won't see Pine Ridge anywhere.

Assuming they upgraded radios to NXDN you would need a NXDN capable scanner, not to mention the data to program the system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.