Philly PD Narcotics ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

philacop26

Narcodics ID's

they are not encrypted I hear them everyday these are most of the ID's I have for philly PD some of them are strike force, stake out. Some of the channels may more conversation than the other but they are all working ID's

Those talkgroups would be encrypted.

nope,,open n clear..
they have TGIDs that are not listed in the DB,this annoyed me,but i can understand why.. but it only took me 2-3 days to get about a half dozen of them..

if your slick you can map out the area that they are working in by just keepin your ears open.

seems the TGIDs are reserved to certian zones that they are active in.but i heard the same id's avctive in various parts of the city,perhaps when there are sweeps or just to hammer high activity areas harder.

on a side note,Op. Pressure Point here n philly just ended,we had fed,state and local in cahoots together..was good listining,,theyll be back in the sprng/summer..

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
All PPD talkgroups above 560 are encryption selectable (via encryption switch on radio) except for 624 (Commanders) and 1136 (PPD ATG). In other words the remaining non-encrypted talkgroups are clear transmit only (you can't transmit with encryption switch enabled). So that's one reason there are so many users in the clear on these talkgroups - they sometimes forget to switch the radio back to encrypt mode after they use a divisional or citywide clear transmit only talkgroup. Other reasons for clear tx is that the radio lost its encryption key. Also note all units that use those encryption selectable talkgroups have encryption in their radios.

Lastly, there is a good reason why you do not see the PPD sensitive talkgroups in the database. Search past threads on this board or ask the mod.

johnyvico

i have some

i have some of those id that you people are looking for i will post tomm as the scanner is upstairs to ired to go get it, i have a "freind" that was kind enough to embelish on some of the talkgroups

johnyvico

ok

ok here we go....... ID 1008 is orginzed crime . 1072 Swat Team 1 1104 is warrent units 1424 is Vice 2 1648 is Narcotics Field 3 1712 Narcotic Field 2 1904 is Strike force 1 1968 Narcotics Field 1 2000 is Narcotic intel i hope that helps i have new ones but i dont know the ids yet

Hello,

what are the new freq,? i have the old ones i have my pro96 that i took out the closet and trying to get back into this again.

thanks

ECHO3

New frequencies? Check the RR database. Unless you still have the old UHF fqs., the TRS fqs have not changed. Also, after rebanding (in a year or so) reportedly the PPD will be all encrypted.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
I am not a mod here but I am familiar with an issue I believe you should all be aware of:

Several years ago sensitive PPD special unit talkgroups were posted in the database and in the forum. Phila Police communications officials read the information on RR and reported this to top Police commanders. The commanders were very angry and threatened to encrypt all talkgroups. Subsequently, these sensitive talkgroups were removed from the database and forums. When the info was removed, PPD dropped the issue.

That is why to this day these talkgroups are not in the database. This is a well known issue with the mods on the PA forum.

I am not a mod here but I am familiar with an issue I believe you should all be aware of:

Several years ago sensitive PPD special unit talkgroups were posted in the database and in the forum. Phila Police communications officials read the information on RR and reported this to top Police commanders. The commanders were very angry and threatened to encrypt all talkgroups. Subsequently, these sensitive talkgroups were removed from the database and forums. When the info was removed, PPD dropped the issue.

That is why to this day these talkgroups are not in the database. This is a well known issue with the mods on the PA forum.

thanks for the info.I Didn't realize it was an issue,I remember back in the days when my pop was in the force and i wanted to hear him on the radio(scanner) but i guess through the times things changed.I'm just getting back to the flow with my scanner.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
I just spoke to my contact at the PPD. Police commanders and the commissioner is aware of this thread, specifically, JohnnyVico's posting of the various sensitive talkgroups. They are not happy to say the least. A decision to strap all special unit talkgroups to encrypted mode was made due to these postings at RR. This will happen when Phiily rebands and upgrades to Astro 25 in 2010.

I am not a proponent of censorship, but keeping the sensitive talkgroups out of the RR database and forums actually protected our hobby in this instance. Why not be happy with using the search function to monitor these talkgroups instead of posting these on an unsecure forum or database since anyone can view the information as a guest.

I am sorry to say but these posts will be the reason these talkgroups will go dark in the near future. The scanner community has no one to blame but themselves on this one!

cfr301

ok here we go....... ID 1008 is orginzed crime . 1072 Swat Team 1 1104 is warrent units 1424 is Vice 2 1648 is Narcotics Field 3 1712 Narcotic Field 2 1904 is Strike force 1 1968 Narcotics Field 1 2000 is Narcotic intel i hope that helps i have new ones but i dont know the ids yet

I really think the mods should remove this thread and if the Tg to these undercover units are in the database remove them, This poster has No sense of responsibility for the lives hes endangered by making these TG public in this forum, if the police are checking the forums the criminals are to.

Rick

ECHO3

I just spoke to my contact at the PPD. Police commanders and the commissioner is aware of this thread, specifically, JohnnyVico's posting of the various sensitive talkgroups. They are not happy to say the least. A decision to strap all special unit talkgroups to encrypted mode was made due to these postings at RR. This will happen when Phiily rebands and upgrades to Astro 25 in 2010.

I am not a proponent of censorship, but keeping the sensitive talkgroups out of the RR database and forums actually protected our hobby in this instance. Why not be happy with using the search function to monitor these talkgroups instead of posting these on an unsecure forum or database since anyone can view the information as a guest.

I am sorry to say but these posts will be the reason these talkgroups will go dark in the near future. The scanner community has no one to blame but themselves on this one!

I was aware of PPD's "intent" to encrypt all or most talkgroups month's ago before Vico's post. Obviously, however, the post was inappropriate for an open forum and if the encryption plan were still "under consideration" this thread may have tipped the scale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.