Jeep Cherokee Install Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocknrun

I've posted this message on another thread, but I had a request for pics so here you go.

I have a 2000 Cherokee. I put a Shelf-It in (you remove the sun visors, the Shelf-It bolts in their place and spans the entire width of the windshield. You then bolt the sun visors back to the Shelf-It.) I have a Yaesu FT-1802 and a scanner mounted on it, along with an extension speaker. Still room for a couple more radios. Probably wouldn't help you with any remote head mounted stuff though.
Go to this website and download their PDF catalog. Shelf-It is on page 10 http://www.vdpusa.com/page2.html

Attachments

• DSCF6764.JPG
    DSCF6764.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 5,129
  • DSCF6765.JPG
    DSCF6765.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 6,084
Last edited:

jb872033

Sweet idea man, 2 thumbs up, im a jeep fan and a radio fan and i find that those 2 do not mesh well!!! hard to find places to mount things in a jeep...i love the idea and will probablly make a similar setup in mine...Thanks for the post!! :)

JB

N8IAA

I had a friend back in Ohio that used an aftermarket shelf to install ham gear in his jeep. We used to do a lot of fox hunting:) Brings back memories.
Larry

rocknrun

Now thats a good idea for us the have non moveable consoles but hows the head room

You lose a little bit of headroom because the visors are lower. I'm 5' 11" and it doesn't bother me. Anyone over 6 foot though, might want to keep the lower headroom in mind as far as vision goes. Also, as I now tend to need to wear my glasses for close up stuff, sometimes it's a little hard to see the lettering on the radio controls, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.