RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Topic Specific Forums > Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup

Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup Here you can post pictures of your shack, mobile, or portable setup for everyone to be envious of. Don't forget to rate the threads of good setups.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 11:15 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Just a quick note, i updated the website a bit, the weather webcam image is uploaded every five minutes now!

The new antenna for the top of Tower #2 arrived the other day, just waiting on getting some coax and then the top section can go up on the tower!

Finishing up the grounding panel for Tower #2, just about all the parts are here, waiting on the rotor cable arrestor from ICE Radio Products and then i can finish assembling it. A little more work and it will be ready to go on the tower as well.
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2008, 2:40 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

New website update...

Live Scanner Audio! I now have a live feed of my scanner audio linked on the website, check it out for details.

Its on the main page, scroll down past the webcam and the repeater list for the link and description of the scanner audio.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

There you go again getting a big head about all your installs. This guy takes days to get something installed but it looks just like a factory install when done. If it wasn't so cold in these parts we would have all his tower antennas up and working. Maybe April the way the weather is now.

The guy may be a little looney sometimes but has some good ideas.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:47 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'm no crazier than you are!! LOL
Old 01-24-2009, 12:38 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Just an update... Beware the NEW shack is coming... Yep, heard me right, REDO TIME!!

I'm breaking down all the gear on the desk this weekend, next week parts start filtering in to build a custom desk and shelves to replace it. Just time to better organize, and that big desk makes it hard to manage the cables behind it.

More when it happens, i will probably start a new post with new pics in about a week!!
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2009, 2:21 AM

Well done great towers .
Thanks for your top web site second to none maybe we can have a QSO some time Greg "VK2"
RADIO SHACK 2096
UNIDEN 396T
UNIDEN 996T
UNIDEN UBC780XLT
ICOM IC-7400
ICOM/R20
COMET DS150S DISCONE ANTENNA
Old 01-24-2009, 12:08 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Just wait till you see the next version of the operating position!

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2009, 2:34 PM

Hey Scott, where did you get the weatherproof box containing the lightning arrestors and ground buss? I was looking at building something similar out of wood and bolting it to the wall, but it would look so much neater with a commercially-made product. Only thing is, though, I'm probably going to need two.. I'm looking at 8 or 9 feedlines going into the house.
Old 01-29-2009, 4:24 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

That was posted up the thread a bit..

DX Engineering - Antennas, Antenna Systems and High Quality Antenna Components!

Not cheap but they include the panel and hardware for the inside. There is a few sellers on eBay selling a similar box, a cable demarc box, but it doesn't have the larger holes on the bottom like these do and they don't include the grounding plate or any of the hardware, so its actually a good deal if you figure you buy a $25 box off eBay and then still have to buy all the bits.
Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2009, 2:36 PM

Ha! Compared to what I'm used to paying for commercial-grade LMR stuff, that is cheap.

I had planned on using one in conjunction with a UL-rated Harger copper ground bus and Polyphaser lightning arrestors so included hardware is no concern. Those have the advantage over the cable demarc boxes on Ebay of being about an inch deeper, though, so I'll probably end up going that route. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2009, 3:42 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Not only are they deeper, but they have more of the larger RG-8 sized holes on the bottom, works better for my use also.

Your Welcome!

I'm just about done completing Tower #2 now as well, i mentioned that in my other post i started on the new shack update.