2009 Dodge Ram Crew-cab install progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Hey gang,

By now, many of you are probably pretty familiar with my installs.

I've posted the following installs:

My 2007 Dodge Charger SXT - 2nd version
http://www.radioreference.com/forum...iv-mobile-2007-dodge-charger-sxt-install.html

My 2007 Dodge Charger SXT - 1st version
http://www.radioreference.com/forum...-setup/101432-ki4liv-mobile-setup-reborn.html

My 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona - 2nd version
http://www.radioreference.com/forum...-setup/54158-ki4liv-shack-wheels-updated.html

My 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona - 1st version
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/pictures-your-shack-mobile-setup/34529-ki4liv-shack-wheels.html

Well, time for a new vehicle, so, here's my 2009 Dodge Ram Crew-Cab.

Yes - it's yellow - don't like yellow? Go complain to someone else - because I do :)

Profile.jpg

FrontPassengerSide.jpg

I decided to recycle the Jottodesk 9" short-stack that I had in my 2005 Ram - turns out that it fits even better in the 2009!

I'll be installing my Yaesu FT7800 and Uniden BC785D. The 3rd 3" slot I had in the Jottodesk will be covered by some external speakers for those two radios. I may end up adding a Cobra 148GTL-F on the side of the console later, as it's too big to fit into one of the slots!

First step - test to see if the Jottodesk even fits! This will give you a look into the interior of the truck as well.

Driver's front door:
DriversSideDoor.jpg

Passenger front door:
PassengersSideDoor.jpg

And lastly, this thing lines up with the interior lines so well that it almost looks factory!
ConsoleFittoDash.jpg

More to come as I get time to work on this!

Oh yes - as I have mentioned in the past in my other posts, please don't mention drilling, 'cause it ain't happening!

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Ughh - no - I totally forgot that I finally got around to organizing my photobucket account , so all the links were broken. Here's a photo or two of the final product in the Charger.

Driversidedoorview800x600.jpg

Drviersview800x600.jpg

PassengerDoorView800x600.jpg

AntennasRearAngle800x600.jpg

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Is it just me or does the 09 Ram look a lot like the F-150 from the side. Nice start on your setup and does yes yellow is a goo color, more on some vehicles than others.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Is it just me or does the 09 Ram look a lot like the F-150 from the side. Nice start on your setup and does yes yellow is a goo color, more on some vehicles than others.

Dodge got some of their inspiration for the 2008 Ram from both the F150 and the Charger. I can see the Charger influence on the front end - I guess the F150 came on the interior.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Next step - replace the cup holders that were basically disabled by the console being put in...

Again, another recycled part from my 2005 Ram.

Replacingcupholder.jpg

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
A thought that I want to get some feedback on...

I have some paint that would match the silver on the dash. How would it look if I painted the sides of the console that same color as the dash and leave the top/faceplates black? Maybe paint over the black on top with black to make it match the black of the dash better ?

Need some feedback please!

Sydfordfan

Iam Like that arm that holds the uniden remote head. Is that bolted to the the floor? where can you get those?

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
M

mpg0515

It's an Arkon cell phone mount, minus the part that holds the cell phone.

It's mounted to a seat bolt on the floor.

I got it on Ebay - it was sold as a Car Floor Mount for Uniden Scanners. Here's a link to the sale. Car Floor Mount for Uniden Bearcat Radio Shack Scanner - eBay (item 360097100262 end time Feb-08-09 19:47:55 PST)

This time around I intend to use it for my cell phone since I've found out how to unlock the GPS functionality of it!

How is the 7800 head mounted on the RH-96? I can't tell. I really like your layout on the Charger. I have a Jeep so I have the same kind of tight space. Also, the seat bolt mount looks kind of like those Lido mounts but probably a lot cheaper.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
I actually used 3M body-molding tape - the foam stuff that the molding-strips are put onto a car with. Let me tell you - it was HARD to remove it!

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Whew - done for now ! I'll be replacing the speakers with a matched set here in the next couple of days.

NOTE: The Cobra 148GTL-F does NOT have it's original faceplate on it - it was so thrashed that I replaced it with another I got off of Ebay so as to make it at least acceptable to look it!

I'll take some antenna photos when I get some daylight as well.

Oh yes - the bottom slot on the Jottodesk - since I didn't want to pay $30+ for a blank faceplate, I went to Home Depot and bought 1 square of self-adhesive floor tile, it it to size, drilled screw holes, and then painted it black! I then stuck it onto the faceplate and screwed it in ! Not too bad of an improvise!

Comments are welcome and encouraged!

DriversDoor2-1-2009.jpg

Consolefromtop2-1-2009.jpg

ConsoleandDashfromBackSeat2-1-2009.jpg

K

kb0nly

The chicken band radio must be too wide to put into the console?

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Yes - the largest I could fit in there would be a Cobra 29, and then only if I removed the outer housing. And then there would be a gap of about 1 inch between the chrome faceplate and the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.