Anybody have pics of dispatch center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1GJB

Im in one right now. Its a private ambulance service dispatch. Don't have a camera on me but I can take a few pics. Its pretty cool, I think.

tekshogun

I'll have to check some time to see if I can get pictures of our local highway patrol dispatch center. They're using some interesting consoles there.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Our 9-1-1 Center

Here are a couple shots from our 9-1-1 Center. Designed by myself and another RR/CARMA Member (and senior dispatcher/guru) Ted, we replaced our old facility last winter with new equipment.

The top picture is the basement equipment room, it includes the actual radios, network repeaters, console interface and 9-1-1 equipment. To the rear is the CD server and mostly hidden is the server rack for the video and audio recorders.

The bottom picture is the operational end, each position has (from left to right):
Administrative Phone
9-1-1 & Emergency Phones (touch screen)
4 monitors for CAD and other dispatch applications
Radio Console screen

Between the two positions is the alarm panel and above the Keltron is a BCD996T, a couple CDM1250 mobiles (for backups to the consoles and extra channels) and an Astro XTL5000 on the statewide system.

On the wall are 2 large screens for our video surveillance and CAD/weather maps.

All the workstations and UPS's are enclosed in the cabinets (vented and fanned) and the desktops are Viking raisable surfaces.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 911b.jpg
    911b.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 6,085
  • 911a.jpg
    911a.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 9,101

MFR465

OK - I gotta ask... I've seen them before but could never find out what the heck they were called. What are those red and blue light posts coming out of the ceiling? My guess is either to signify which position is handling what type of call(s) or to alert that dispatcher when a call is in qeue?

Thanks in advance!

N9JIG

Sheriff
They indicate that the operator is on the 9-1-1 phone or transmitting on the radio. Otherwise known as the "Shut Up" lights...

A State Police Post I visited years ago had a red rotating light scrounged from a squad car that lit up when they transmitted on ISPERN (the Statewide emergency channel, then on 154.680, now 155.475)

OK - I gotta ask... I've seen them before but could never find out what the heck they were called. What are those red and blue light posts coming out of the ceiling? My guess is either to signify which position is handling what type of call(s) or to alert that dispatcher when a call is in queue?

Thanks in advance!

N1GJB

Another teaser... sorry this took over 14 hours to send from my phone to my email... dont know why.

Attachments

• 0713091718.jpg
    0713091718.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 5,275

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Im on my long break but when I go back to work Saturday night i'll snap a few of our 911 CommCenter. We have 10 consoles.

1-Johnson City Police Console
1-Johnson City Fire/Police Console
1-Washington County Sheriff Console
1-Washington County Vol. Fire Depts/Sheriff Console
1-Power Console
1-Medical Console
1-PIN (Police Information Network) Console
2-Call Taker Consoles
1-Supervisor Console

All consoles answer 911 calls, Fire Consoles work fires alone when there is a fire call.
We are getting all new Motorola Touch Screen P25 Radios in November. Cant wait!!!!

mr_tunz

Rural Nebraska Center

This is pics of my rural Nebraska center. Very small 1 person on at a time. Handles 4 town and the county.

Attachments

• 100_0234A.jpg
    100_0234A.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 5,464
  • 100_0236a.jpg
    100_0236a.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 5,359

CoeJax

Give me some time and I will see what I can gather up for you. I can get some while at work on Friday. I work in a EMS / Fire dispatch center for the City of Tomball (Seven miles north of Houston). I also am able to get photos from a dispatch center in Montgomery County, county just north of Houston, who go by the name of Alarm (EMS) & Fire Comm who dispatch all Fire / EMS for Montgomery County (I am setting up a live feed, just FYI) as well as PHI (Air Med). PHI is the Air Med service for most of the state of Texas (Houston to San Antonio to Austin, to Dallas). Then I can go to another dispatch center by the name of Comm Center who dispatch for nine area fire departments, three EMS agencies, the Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office, the Harris County Hazardous Materials Team, and Blue Bonnet Critical Incident Stress Management. Comm Center is the dispatch center that borders Houston HFD / EMS. Then after all of that, I can TRY to get into Houston Fire / EMS dispatch center and see if I can get photos for you. Just keep your eye's open.

W0JJK

This is pics of my rural Nebraska center. Very small 1 person on at a time. Handles 4 town and the county.

The sun must go right into the center at sunset with a window to the west. I wondered what the center looked like in West Point, surprised not more Kenwood gear due to Engelhardt's in town.

mr_tunz

Yes the sun does come right into the center but we have some nice blinds to keep it out. Well there would be more Kenwood. But Engelharts dont do any council work. That is all done by Mid Nebraska out of Columbus. But the repaters and towers are all done by Engelharts. We are in the process of updating our radio's hoping to have it done end of Aug. We are also getting the Nebraska Interop radio too. Also WOJJK if you want to check it out sometime let me know and I can give you a tour.

Last edited:

CoeJax

ScannerDude,

I was looking at the photos and I will have to say that I am impressed! I just have a few questions about what I had seen if you don’t mind. I noted that in one of the photos, there was, what I presumed, a medical helicopter (not sure what you all call it over there). Is the communications center part of a complex? Maybe a hospital? I am going to say no because of the other photos of the building, I just wanted to double check. Then I also saw that you had at least sixteen dispatch positions. How may total do you have? Are they all staffed 24/7 or do you all drop down a few positions during the weekday nights? Last, how may Fire / EMS agency’s do you dispatch for? I know it said, “Monterey County Emergency Communications”, but do you dispatch Public Works, Gas, Power, etc? Just FYI, not that you care to know, but I was born in Visalia, CA and raised in Fresno, CA. Not that it matters, I just thought I would tell you something that does not have a point and is totally useless. If I think of any other questions that I want to ask, or if I can think of a way to totally waist your time, I will let you know! :)

ScannerDude,
I noted that in one of the photos, there was, what I presumed, a medical helicopter (not sure what you all call it over there). Is the communications center part of a complex? Maybe a hospital? I am going to say no because of the other photos of the building, I just wanted to double check

That's Cal star medical helicopter landing at the county hospital Natividad Medical Center a cross the parking lot from the communications center.
Welcome to CALSTAR.org

ScannerDude,Then I also saw that you had at least sixteen dispatch positions. How may total do you have?
24, well 26 in all AMR also dispatches from the center

ScannerDude, Are they all staffed 24/7 or do you all drop down a few positions during the weekday nights?

no full staff 24/7 365

ScannerDude, Last, how may Fire / EMS agency’s do you dispatch for?

dispatch for 17 agencies (21 fire-districts), one paramedic ambulance provider, and coordinating dispatch services for 16 other agencies.
For EMS AMR has a contract with the county they have their own dispatchers but they are dispatch from the center as well.

ScannerDudeI know it said, “Monterey County Emergency Communications”, but do you dispatch Public Works, Gas, Power, etc?
Public Works only gets paged out after hours and weekends,but no dispatch

ScannerDudeIJust FYI, not that you care to know, but I was born in Visalia, CA and raised in Fresno, CA. Not that it matters, I just thought I would tell you something that does not have a point and is totally useless. If I think of any other questions that I want to ask, or if I can think of a way to totally waist your time, I will let you know! :)

It's cool no biggie! if you have more question feel free to ask them!

Last edited:

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
They indicate that the operator is on the 9-1-1 phone or transmitting on the radio. Otherwise known as the "Shut Up" lights...

A State Police Post I visited years ago had a red rotating light scrounged from a squad car that lit up when they transmitted on ISPERN (the Statewide emergency channel, then on 154.680, now 155.475)

That is a fantastic plan....it gives me an idea for mine :twisted:

guitarbrian30

Metro Communications Agency

This is South Dakota's largest city's ( Sioux Falls) dispatch center. They have 8 stations that handle call taking, dispatching and of course supervisor. They also have a back up comm center at the main fire station, along with two mobile units. The center handles county fire and Sheriff, City fire and City PD. Along with animal control.

Status
Not open for further replies.