My "office" setup for ScanRI.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanri

Here is my room setup. Four BCD996 scanners, one Motorola CDM1250 UHF, the main pc uses the 2 monitors on the desk ifo me, the flat screen on the wall is for my viewing pleasure, the computer on the right of the desk is my live feed for scanri.net.

The plywood board on the wall is where the stridsberg 8 port multicoupler is. The antenna on the roof is a ferret for the scanners. The antenna for the uhf cdm is a comtelco fiberglass. The yagi points to the Providence, RI 800 system. The radio for the cdm is mounted on the board with the remote mount on the desk. The power adapters are for the home security cameras.

Ken
NRIFirePhotos.com
ScanRI.net

Attachments

• SCANNER-ROOM-008.jpg
    SCANNER-ROOM-008.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 7,493
  • SCANNER-ROOM-011.jpg
    SCANNER-ROOM-011.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 7,913
  • SCANNER-ROOM-018.jpg
    SCANNER-ROOM-018.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 7,671
  • scanner-room-001.jpg
    scanner-room-001.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 20,529
  • SCANNER-ROOM-006.jpg
    SCANNER-ROOM-006.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 8,401

scanri

My antennas for this post

Ferret for scanners
UHF Comtelco fiberglass for buff networks
Yagi 850-900 for Providence and RI P25 800 systems

Attachments

• antenna-006.jpg
    antenna-006.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 7,052
  • antenna-010.jpg
    antenna-010.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 7,147
  • antenna-009.jpg
    antenna-009.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 7,128
  • antenna-008.jpg
    antenna-008.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 7,053

scanri

Here is my room setup. Four BCD996 scanners, one Motorola CDM1250 UHF, the main pc uses the 2 monitors on the desk ifo me, the flat screen on the wall is for my viewing pleasure, the computer on the right of the desk is my live feed for scanri.net.

The plywood board on the wall is where the stridsberg 8 port multicoupler is. The antenna on the roof is a ferret for the scanners. The antenna for the uhf cdm is a comtelco fiberglass. The yagi points to the Providence, RI 800 system. The radio for the cdm is mounted on the board with the remote mount on the desk. The power adapters are for the home security cameras.

Ken
NRIFirePhotos.com
ScanRI.net

I also would like to add a BC780 on the night table, a BC796 remote head in the living room (the brain is on the plywood board set up), 2 more BC996's in the truck, a 396 in the truck, another CDM1250 in the truck and lastly 2 Motorola XTS5000 ( UHF T-band and a 700/800 trunk)

scanri

Ken
NRIFirePhotos.com
ScanRI.net

Just awesome:), see your PM's Ken.

Edit: That beer looks so cold

** The beer is a candle!!!!

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Pure Neatness & Efficiency+

One of the nicest setup's and installation's I've ever seen. Beautiful job, and I bet it work's like a champ, too!

My only question is grounding; what are you using for lightning and surge suppression in your installation?

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Nice set-up. I needed an idea for an extra antenna on my mast, now I have something to go on. Also a quick question for you, If you use the internal speaker in the CDM remote head, does the audio quality suffer at all as compared to using the CDM with the head attached?

Status
Not open for further replies.