The "Command Post"

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes, this is what my wife named it... anyway... here it is - the command post.

This is the latest command post after the move. Antennas are in the attic (RS discone, a yagi or two, and an HF longwire antenna, pending HOA approval.

cmdpost.jpg

bsavery

Hardware first, docorate later... I love it!!

My ex used to call my desk "The Bridge" since it looked a bit like something from Star Trek. 3 pc's, a couple monitors, several switch boxes, keyboards, mice, modems etc.

The desk behind me was Main Engineering. It held the Novell file server, 3 modem servers, a satellite receiver, a pc to process the files and mail from the dish, an ISDN modem, 24 USR Courier modems.

3 1kva UPS's and a window air conditioner (that ran even when it was 20 below outside!) rounded out the picture.

Somewhere I have some pics (if she didn't keep them all...grrr...)I'll have to scan in.

Bob

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
Yes, agreed. Makes me jealous but then again I'm going to college and don't have diddally squat for money to spend on that kind of stuff right now haha

jwheatley

I love the setup, Lindsay.

I totally love that desk. I would like to get something like that, if the price was affordable, of course. I have been wanting a desk like that for a while now.

Anyway, enough of that. Like I said, love the setup my friend.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
command post

blantonl said:
Yes, this is what my wife named it... anyway... here it is - the command post.

This is the latest command post after the move. Antennas are in the attic (RS discone, a yagi or two, and an HF longwire antenna, pending HOA approval.

cmdpost.jpg

What no maps on wall?No dried five day old danish ?no dried solder burned into carpet bummer dude I thought you were the Radio KIng?

USAPatriot

Yeah...your place is white glove clean. You had to have been military ;)
So was I, but it was many moons ago and my computer room/"shack" :rolleyes: has cable and computers and cats everywhere. Love that corner desk you have.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'll update this thread soon with better pictures - those are a few months old. I've since rearranged things a bit, cleaned things up, etc... I'm getting too many ideas from others posts...

seriously, this is my favorite forum right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.