2005 Dodge Stratus v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd119

This is my car, finally the way I like it. I've got a Uniden BCD996XT scanner for all of the surrounding counties and state/mutual aide stuff and underneath that is my XTL-2500. To the left, I have my Whelen traffic director control box and to the right is my custom built switch box which all runs back to appropriate fuse box and power distribution.

Shot of everything:
LBj5t.jpg

Side Shot:
i5SyZ.jpg

Switchbox:
ynHWw.jpg

Antennas:
9Hbuu.jpg

wise871

Database Admin
Looks Great. I like the way you have it set up, very professional. I really like the look of the XTL-2500.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Looks even better that you were able to match the screen colors. I'm guessing you are in a VHF area by the antennas?

sfd119

Looks Great. I like the way you have it set up, very professional. I really like the look of the XTL-2500.

I do too. I've been stalking Ebay for 4 months until finally I saw one show up that would fit my needs. It beats the tar out of the Astro Spectra W9 head...saves a lot of space!

Looks even better that you were able to match the screen colors. I'm guessing you are in a VHF area by the antennas?

Yep, that's one thing I can't stand. I hate mis-matched colors on radios, scanners, etc. VHF all the way! Most of Wisconsin is VHF with the exception of bigger cities. In fact, WISCOM is going to be a full statewide VHF P25 system.

commscanaus

A very nice job!

Everything integrates so well, nothing looks out of place.
The XTL2500 and 996XT actually compliment each other with the matching displays.

Your trunk mounted antenna system is nice and neat.

Interesting that in 2005, they were still fitting cassette players in cars!

Commscanaus.

Baylink

Premium Subscriber
Very clean. If you don't mind my asking, what do you do for a living?

(Oh, and one note: if you get one of the Brother P-touchPC printers, you can do those labels as a single strip, with proper spacing, and it's much easier to get them straight that way; I have a 2530 (I think it is) and it was only about 70 bucks.)

sfd119

A very nice job!

Everything integrates so well, nothing looks out of place.
The XTL2500 and 996XT actually compliment each other with the matching displays.

Your trunk mounted antenna system is nice and neat.

Interesting that in 2005, they were still fitting cassette players in cars!

Commscanaus.
I was quite surprised that both the scanner and radio matched displays. It really made things look better.
Also, along with the factory tape player, I also have a CD player too! It's weird!

Very clean. If you don't mind my asking, what do you do for a living?

(Oh, and one note: if you get one of the Brother P-touchPC printers, you can do those labels as a single strip, with proper spacing, and it's much easier to get them straight that way; I have a 2530 (I think it is) and it was only about 70 bucks.)

I work in IT and am a Firefighter.
Also, I made the labels with a Brother PT-7600. I just printed them off and eye-balled it.

Baylink

Premium Subscriber
I work in IT and am a Firefighter.
Also, I made the labels with a Brother PT-7600. I just printed them off and eye-balled it.

They're not bad at all, alignment-wise; I'm just a perfectionist, which is why I bought the computerized one. Being able to say "the on center alignment is .37", make the boxes and center each label" is *really* nice... especially when you're labelling a 24-input mixer.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
This is my car, finally the way I like it. I've got a Uniden BCD996XT scanner for all of the surrounding counties and state/mutual aide stuff and underneath that is my XTL-2500. To the left, I have my Whelen traffic director control box and to the right is my custom built switch box which all runs back to appropriate fuse box and power distribution.

Shot of everything:
LBj5t.jpg

Side Shot:
i5SyZ.jpg

Switchbox:
ynHWw.jpg

Antennas:
9Hbuu.jpg

Please advise how you changed the color on the remote head? It certainly looks much better than the orange color!

squirrel25

Please advise how you changed the color on the remote head? It certainly looks much better than the orange color!

If you are talking about the Motorola It is a programmable option within CPS. Note the "COLR" button on the screen. If you are talking about the Uniden you toggle the lower left hand button to change/turn off the back light.

Last edited:

jimg

Premium Subscriber
If you are talking about the Motorola It is a programmable option within CPS. Note the "COLR" button on the screen. If you are talking about the Uniden you toggle the lower left hand button to change/turn off the back light.

I thought this was a remote head. Just looked more closely at the pics and saw it was a 996XT!

Last edited:
K

kb0nly

My 2003 Liberty has that same stereo in it, with CD and Cassette... You have the Infinity sound system also? Usually the Infinity system used that combo radio...

Anyway, nice setup! Clean and neat.

N0BDW

Really nice looking setup. I especially like the switch box. Did you say it was custom built, or did you buy it? Sorry if I missed where you said.

sfd119

Really nice looking setup. I especially like the switch box. Did you say it was custom built, or did you buy it? Sorry if I missed where you said.

Yep, custom built. Got the rocker switches at Menards and also got the box at Radioshack. Drilled a one inch hole and dremeled out the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.