2001 Tahoe Install...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTFAudio

Hi everyone,

After a long search for a center console replacement for my 2001 Tahoe, I decided to build my own as I couldn't find any direct replacements. I started today on the base of the console. I am going to replace my center console where the cup holders and storage area is located.

Here is what I have done so far:

DSC01775.jpg

DSC01772.jpg

In the picture you can see a volt meter which I found from an old project I plan to use. This will be a little extra feature so I can monitor my power especially with all the equipment I plan to put in the console. It had a light which allowed you to see the gauge at night but it broke so I'm gonna replace it with blue LED's.

Hopefully I'll have this console coming together next weekend with the first radio installed.

Taylor

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Good lord, there are two people named Taylor on RR?!

Great start to the console so far, keep us posted!

KD0LDK

Very cool! I love when things are made from scratch, I don't have the woodworking know-how or tools. Definitely following this.

DTFAudio

Very cool! I love when things are made from scratch, I don't have the woodworking know-how or tools. Definitely following this.

Thanks! I'm taking my time on this and making sure I do it right.

I'll have this thing finished one day if I can ever win a radio on Ebay.... I have decided to make the face-plates out of 1/2" MDF instead of 3/4". The console will be wrapped in matching "pleather" and face plates painted in a Rhino Liner or Line-X type material.

KD0LDK

Thanks! I'm taking my time on this and making sure I do it right.

I'll have this thing finished one day if I can ever win a radio on Ebay.... I have decided to make the face-plates out of 1/2" MDF instead of 3/4". The console will be wrapped in matching "pleather" and face plates painted in a Rhino Liner or Line-X type material.

That's the way to do it, the more planning the better.

What're you looking at getting on eBay?

DTFAudio

That's the way to do it, the more planning the better.

What're you looking at getting on eBay?

Looking at a Motorola Spectra or Maxtrax for VHF / Fire purposes. Other than that, a UHF radio and a P25 Scanner to complete the setup.

I sent you a PM back...

KJ6HCB

Looks good...

Just for your/others info - every company makes a console for the 01-06 Tahoes. Maybe you meant used?

I had a 30" Havis in my 03 Tahoe filled up.... was epic! Wish I had pictures from back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.