RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Topic Specific Forums > Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup

Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup Here you can post pictures of your shack, mobile, or portable setup for everyone to be envious of. Don't forget to rate the threads of good setups.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnoland View Post
I was off probation. I would have to file a suit and sue the city to try and force them to change their policy. If I wanted to come back I would fight it but I need to be gone to heal. I have offers from several other departments that are much less violent if I want it. I plan to stay home and heal and take care of my daughter for a while.
I understand, good luck bro
BC780XLT
Sponsored links
Old 06-24-2012, 3:52 PM

Wish you a speedy recovery, having a great time with your family is most important.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Did a little today. I installed my Pioneer P3200DVD radio today.

Great thread! Got a question about the stereo replacement...

Did you have to do anything special or were you able to simply replace the factory stereo with your aftermarket? I've heard some things about possible problems replacing the stereo due to its integration with other functions of the vehicle (door chimes, etc.). I am about to purchase a 2013 Tahoe PPV and would like to have iPod integration. That however is not an option with the factory radio (3.5mm AUX input only). If I could easily replace the stereo head unit with an aftermarket model, that would be ideal. If you don't mind, let me know what all it took.
Old 08-21-2012, 1:03 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I didn't do anything special but my door dinger and stuff dudnt work. I had the harness out of an avalanche with steering wheel controls so that may have been why.

I do have my scanner mounted in my Lexus right now. need to find an antenna for it. Will through glass antennas work with tint? I don't want to drill holes in this one.

Last edited by bnoland; 08-21-2012 at 1:16 PM..
Old 08-21-2012, 1:10 PM

What is key knowledge ignition? Bottom line, do you think I would have problems replacing the factory stereo on a 2013 Tahoe PPV with remote start?
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2012, 1:20 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
What is key knowledge ignition? Bottom line, do you think I would have problems replacing the factory stereo on a 2013 Tahoe PPV with remote start?
Sorry, I was at a stop light trying to finish that and didn't proof read it. I ment the dinger to alert you the key is in the ignition. I wouldn't think it would mess with that but I would check with the dealer to be safe. I am sure there is a harness that will keep all factory options and accessories working properly.
Old 08-24-2012, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I was at a stop light trying to finish that and didn't proof read it. I ment the dinger to alert you the key is in the ignition. I wouldn't think it would mess with that but I would check with the dealer to be safe. I am sure there is a harness that will keep all factory options and accessories working properly.
Crutchfield has iPod/iPhone integration kits that keep everything intact. I have one in my 2005 Tahoe LT and the only thing I lost was the second set of XM radio presets to controls for the iPod/iPhone. All other controls (steering wheel, chimes, key fob, etc) work fine.

Was about $100 bucks if I remember. It was plug and play.

Gordon
Old 08-24-2012, 1:33 PM

Nice :-)

Last edited by SonicN; 08-24-2012 at 1:36 PM..