RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Topic Specific Forums > Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup

Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup Here you can post pictures of your shack, mobile, or portable setup for everyone to be envious of. Don't forget to rate the threads of good setups.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 9:43 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03msc View Post
Pulaski, yeah. That's strange...I admit I haven't tried to monitor them from home (hour and a half away) but maybe their system is statewide? I see they aren't in the AWIN system but I guess they could have sites outside PulCo or something. Maybe someone else will chime in (or you can post up in the Arkansas threads and see if someone knows if you're interested).
I would have thought that but the radio was nearly silent till I got about 20 miles of of Memphis. Same on the way to LR as well. I don't know if I could have received Memphis PD channels in the LR area since I turned them off once I was out of their area.
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 PM

B-

Is that the 10" console by Havis?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem View Post
B-

Is that the 10" console by Havis?
I am not sure of the length. I will measure it tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2012, 8:22 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Sorry I haven't gotten measurements on the console yet. I think it is a 10"

I picked up a Pelican 1650 case to put in the Tahoe. I plan to put jumper cables, tool kit, tire repair stuff, first aid gear, road flares, etc in it. I have to figure out a way to attach it inside there. I am considering drilling holes in the case and floor and bolt it to the floor. I am going to try to find another option first because I dont want to destroy the water tight case if I dont have to incase I decide I want to take it out to use as dry storage else where. We'll see when it gets here what I can come up with.
Old 04-18-2012, 5:54 PM

I wouldn't drill in it.... If you could put hooks in it, and still make it waterproof, I'd do that.

Take a picture of the back so we can see possible mounting spaces....

Later,
Computer and Tech enthusiast
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2012, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnoland View Post

I picked up a Pelican 1650 case to put in the Tahoe. I plan to put jumper cables, tool kit, tire repair stuff, first aid gear, road flares, etc in it. I have to figure out a way to attach it inside there. I am considering drilling holes in the case and floor and bolt it to the floor. I am going to try to find another option first because I dont want to destroy the water tight case if I dont have to incase I decide I want to take it out to use as dry storage else where. We'll see when it gets here what I can come up with.

I'd get some screw in D-rings or cargo hooks small/medium size like you find in the Jeep Grand Cherokee and either bungee or nylon strap it in. If I can find the part number for the hooks I'll post it
Old 04-18-2012, 6:37 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

This is the space I am working with. I want to put it towards the passenger side. I am thinking have it with the back against the side though I am not sure of how large the case is. I know the dimensions but that is hard to picture how much room it will truly take up. My wife is an engineer and welder so that gives me other options, I want to be able to open it without unhooking it. We are considering building a frame of sorts to bolt to the floor and hook a tie down type strap around to attach the case with. I also plan to have a water jug or two in there so something will be there to secure those as well.
Old 04-18-2012, 6:49 PM

check out 2 companies for ideas

rotopax.com nice stuff and you may like the setup they have a water storage and storage holder in one
and springtailsolutions.com these guys make custom molle and rack systems for military and police vehicles. you might get some ideas for your rack settup. they sell kits and parts of kits to make your own setup look through the whole site lots of pics
Old 04-18-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:

Thanks! If and when you have time. If you don't, no worries! Don't drill your case!!
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2012, 5:27 AM

http://springtailsolutions.com/gpage16.html- Will NOT fit if you have a power rear door.
http://www.rotopax.com/Water/- Water pack
Chevrolet Tahoe 2008 Parts & Accessories - JCWhitney JCWitney's tahoe page
Old 04-19-2012, 7:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScannaMan9 View Post
The page(s) you requested is NOT AVAILABLE
BC780XLT
Old 04-19-2012, 8:01 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
That spring tail thing is awesome but no way am I spending $1600 + on it, lol. I have some 5 gal jerry cans on ebay I am looking at. About $40 shipped each. I am thinking about building a simple rack type thing. Something that will bolt to the floor and run front the rear on the passanger side. Then I can run a strap through it to secure water cans, pelican case, etc to it. That leave room on the other side for luggage for going out of town and leave plenty of room to get to the spare tire tools. The rotopax look great. If I decide not to build a rack I may go that route for water storage.
Old 04-19-2012, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
The page(s) you requested is NOT AVAILABLE
Hmmmm. Seems like it worked for bnoland below:
Quote:
That spring tail thing is awesome but no way am I spending $1600 + on it, lol. I have some 5 gal jerry cans on ebay I am looking at. About $40 shipped each. I am thinking about building a simple rack type thing. Something that will bolt to the floor and run front the rear on the passanger side. Then I can run a strap through it to secure water cans, pelican case, etc to it. That leave room on the other side for luggage for going out of town and leave plenty of room to get to the spare tire tools.
If i read it right, you can get just 1 particular section, or you could custom build something similar.
Old 04-19-2012, 8:37 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Hmmmm. Seems like it worked for bnoland below:

If i read it right, you can get just 1 particular section, or you could custom build something similar.
He is right actually. I clicked the link and it didnt work but a quick google search found the same page. Not sure why the link didn't work since it looked the same as the page I was at. Very cool setup but no way I can afford $1600+ for it. I am thinking I may get my wifes welding and metal working skills and put them to use! I can kind of weld.. she did it professionally.
Old 04-23-2012, 2:16 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I got a very very little progress done but progress is progress. I ran one of many permanent antenna wires today. No pictures of that. Pretty obvious and doesn't look any different than the it did before. I am very happy with the reception. I was actually picking up Little rock AR pd loud and clear with it. Much better that the telescoping antenna was getting. I also mounted two whelen 500 series TIR 6 on the back. The Tahoe was previously a police vehicle and had holes already from the department it came having the same lights there. I hated that hacked look with the holes. I got them in clear and will eventually tie them into the reverse lights for more rear lighting when backing. I may tie them into a switch as well for rear lighting if the need beer possibly into a flasher unit if I decide to continue security work. It is a slow process but is coming along. I hope to have a lap top stand soon.

Sponsored links

Old 04-23-2012, 2:29 PM

Is it just me, or is that tag expired? (As of 7/10)
I don't live there, though so it may still be registered.

Good Idea's for lighting.
Old 04-23-2012, 2:32 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Is it just me, or is that tag expired? (As of 7/10)
I don't live there, though so it may still be registered.

Good Idea's for lighting.
Lol, it's an old tag off of my impreza when I bought it. Just covering my current tag with it, my slight paranoid habit.
Old 04-23-2012, 2:46 PM

A quick vid?
BC780XLT
Old 04-23-2012, 3:55 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Here is a quick video of the outside and inside. Nothing fancy. I have a long way to go still.

Inside

2008 PPV Tahoe - YouTube

outside

2008 PPV Tahoe walk around - YouTube

I will try to get some better video later. I felt like a doof talking to the camera but hopefully I will get a good video together of it later.

Some may notice my OEM radio is back in. I was having issues getting video to play on my Pioneer and there is a mysterious blue line going through the middle all of the sudden so I pulled it out. I think I am going to stick with the OEM.. it looks cleaner in there and I can sell that Pioneer and put it towards more stuff for the tahoe.

Last edited by bnoland; 04-23-2012 at 4:08 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 4:30 PM

Cool, next vid turn'em lights ON!
BC780XLT