Top row (left to right)
Uniden BCT15X - Railroad monitoring
Uniden BCD996XT - Local Law/Fire/Rescue monitoring
Uniden BCT15X - Air monitoring

Bottom row
Radio Shack Pro-2066 - HAM monitoring
mld01.jpg

mld02.jpg

I have a ST-2 antenna about 40 feet up on the roof and it's fed into a Stridsberg MCA204M then to all the scanners.

Hopefully in the next few months I'll add another BCD996XT so I can have fire/rescue on one and law enforcement on the other. I'd also like to add a Icom R75. The 2066 has been with me a long time so it will get it's own antenna for HAM receiving when I get another 996XT. Not really interested in talking at the moment but I've always enjoyed listening.

K9WG

Do you have any problems with the monitor up that high? I had mine like that but seemed like it hurt my neck looking up at it.

Nice neat setup

StephenVa

Thanks everyone

Do you have any problems with the monitor up that high?

Nice neat setup

No problems so far. I'm 6'4" so if I'm sitting up straight it's just a little higher than the top of my head so I don't look up much.

Looks clean and neat,what are you using for antennas?

Thanks. I have a Antennacraft ST-2 on the roof that's fed into the Stridsberg multicoupler then out to each scanner.

StephenVa

How do you like the multicoupler? Any problems with it? I've been looking for something reasonably priced and this might be it.

I just got it Monday along with the 15X's so I don't have much experience with it. I did play around with it a little to see if I noticed any difference using it versus a cheap T splitter and a coax splitter and I did see a pretty noticeable difference when using the multicoupler. Some of the freqs I have in my 996XT didn't have a hit until I got the multicoupler. I was hesitant to spend 200 bucks but after using it I'm very glad I did.

StephenVa

I updated my little listening desk today (thanks to Grove and super fast shipping!) and figured I'd put up a couple of new photos.

Top row (left to right)
Uniden BCT15X - Railroad monitoring
Uniden BCD996XT - Local Law/Fire/Rescue monitoring
Uniden BCT15X - Air monitoring

Bottom row
Uniden BCT346XT (Diamond SRH77CA antenna) - for listening when I'm out and about.
Uniden BCT15X - Amateur Radio
Uniden BCT8 - CB / FRS / GMRS / MURS / Marine VHF / Favorite Analog

I haven't done it yet but I'm hoping to tap the Pro-2066 to monitor the 3 local Sheriffs Offices that switched to TRBO. That will get it's own antenna more than likely.

I also took the ST-2 down and replaced it with a Diamond D-130NJ and a run of LMR400 coax in July. If all goes well I'll be adding a 144/440 dual band radio in November when I test for my HAM ticket.
scanners003.jpg

scanner004.jpg

I'm a Uniden fan BTW. :)

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Nice looking setup,and I hope you pass your ham radio test.

Status
Not open for further replies.