RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Topic Specific Forums > Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup

Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup Here you can post pictures of your shack, mobile, or portable setup for everyone to be envious of. Don't forget to rate the threads of good setups.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 PM

I've been eyeballing that IKEA for a while. Finally get to see what it looks like when "Radioactive". Awesome.
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2012, 9:13 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmungaven View Post
Hank, really nice setup. This gives me some ideas for my shack.

Bill
N6EF
Thanks Bill, I hope you figure out what you want. That was my biggest problem; I didn't know what I wanted, I only knew what I didn't want. A lot of ham shacks go vertical with equipment and I didn't want to do that. But I was unsure of how I could go horizontal the way I would like it. Then one day I was Googling "Custom Ham Desk" and I stumbled across a Web site called "Ikea Hackers" This one guy did one very similar to the one I built and I knew I had finally found what I wanted. After that it was just a matter of selecting which pieces I needed to get the table I wanted. Before that I was considering either building my own or paying someone to build a custom desk for me.

Old 12-29-2012, 4:08 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
I've been eyeballing that IKEA for a while. Finally get to see what it looks like when "Radioactive". Awesome.
Yea, I saw a table similar to mine, but it was set up as a large desk. When I loaded up the first few pieces of equipment, I got to see what is was going to look like as a ham table; much better