Updated shack for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButlerAlerts

Wow! Thats awesome! Question: In your computer, where the PCI-Express ports are, what is that one companent that has a lot of black rectangles/intercoolers coming off of it?

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
love the pc you usen looks like a server best type of pc too use for streamming and website in myoption are servers but just my option asume setup i had too wipe the drool from my mouth lol thanks for shareing that

SCPD

QRT
The server is a Dell Vostro 200 i found in the garbage. Had a BSOD when i powered it up. Redid the whole system from the ground up with windows 7 added more ram, gigabit Ethernet, high end video card, Serial Port card and USB card. Also cleaned the whole unit inside and out and replaced some of the internal fans.Before the desktop i was using a acer netbook for my feed server. The hardest part was finding all SLIM or MINI Pci cards for it.

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
well its reaily nice setup im gonna post mine as soon as i fig how too just got done with it ill proably look at getting a server soon just like them better desktops are ok but servers are just better in my option anywho thought id holler back great job

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Nice setup, what are you using for antennas since your in New York City?

SCPD

QRT
For everything above 30 mhz is a radio shack disscone and everything below 30 mhz is a G5RV (on the roof )

kb8viv

Very cool setup. How do you like the Afedri? Just ordered one, I'm hoping to be able to get it working with Hdr Dx on my Imac.

kb8viv

SCPD

QRT
Kb8viv: The afedri is an amazing SDR. Let me know how you make out using hdrdx on your mac. Can you link me to the app? The only app i looked into was Gqrx for the mac

Gqrx SDR receiver

Thanks
Mike

kb8viv

Hi Mike, I'm fortunate to be in contact with one of the people who worked on this software SdrDx –OS X and Windows SDR Software « fyngyrz (I meant to type sdr dx, not hdr dx in my original post).

I'm hoping he'll be able to help me out with any issues...I'm hoping for as close to plug and play as possible, LOL. One can dream, right? I'll be running it into the ethernet port right into the Imac. What are you running it with? PC? What sdr software are you using? How was the setup? Thanks again.

Steve
kb8bib

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.