On the road for work.

hotelroom.jpg

• Panasonic Toughbook CF-53 for Unitrunker and DSD
  • Panasonic Toughbook CF-19 for general computing tasks
  • Motorola APX7000 VHF/800 for general monitoring
  • Uniden BCD396T for general monitoring
  • RadioShack PRO-2067 for DSD discriminator audio feed
  • RadioShack PRO-197 for Unitrunker control channel feed
There's also an iPhone for internet access to both computers via hotspot.

Michael-SATX

Well Man, do you hang the "Do Not Disturb" tag on the outside doorknob ?
I'm thinking that you either pack it up or lock it up when you step out of the hotel ?
Also thinking you wave off maid service ... in case they were tempted to do more than clean up ok :))
Room Service must think your either a PI, CIA or on a stake out ... have you ever had any comments ?
You have a nicer lQQking setup that most have in their home shack setup ! (Got a scanner suitcase ?)

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Well equipped and ready to hunker down for the evening! :cool:

n9zas

dmg1969

I was thinking the same thing...room service must think you're a spy. LOL! Someone uneducated in radios wouldn't know what to think of that setup. Very nice!

kf4lhp

I don't worry about housekeeping, every bit of it gets packed up before I go to bed and goes with me in the morning. Not about to leave all that behind.

I'm one of those who firmly believes that hotel rooms are about as unsecure as you can get.

Michael-SATX

Well Special Agent 58, you are a smart cookie, some might have been worried about your gear
being secure during the day and possible ending up at a local flea market or a crooked pawn shop.
I remember seeing a story on how the crooks were hacking those magnetic card reader door locks.
I also wondered if you had one of those lockable high tech equipment cases to pack up the shack in ?

mikegilbert

MHz so good
Very nice setup! When I have to leave valuables behind at a hotel for a short period of time, I pack them in a bag, put them in the bathroom and turn the shower on to cold. I figure that's enough to keep a thief out.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
If that is your on-the-road set up (very impressive, indeed!), have you posted your hone set up here as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.