Ford Explorer Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResqChief201

Premium Subscriber
Setup in my 2006 Ford Explorer.

Includes:
- Jotto Desk Custom Console
- Motorola CDM1250 Low Band 42-50 Remote Mount (top)
- Whelen CenCom Gold Light/Siren Controller
- Motorola CDM1550 UHF
- Motorola CDM1250 VHF
- Uniden BCT15X Public Safety Scanner

I would recommend ALL these items to anyone!!

Thanks everyone!!
Any Questions feel free to ask!

Attachments

• ExplorerConsole.jpg
    ExplorerConsole.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,539

RodStrong

Pretty good looking setup you got there. How about a pic of your antennas and the vehicle exterior? Thanks.

ResqChief201

Premium Subscriber
From left to right its UHF, VHF, LOWBAND and i have a glass mounted scanner antenna

Attachments

• antennasetup.jpg
    antennasetup.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,887

ResqChief201

Premium Subscriber
Also here is the Remote mic extension attached to the cabinet in the rear.

Attachments

• micextension.jpg
    micextension.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,764

ResqChief201

Premium Subscriber
Mtnrider,

The lowband is only for recieve. pick up some but not all transmissions with the vhf style whip

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I love the picture of the antenna. If you take a quick glance, the light pole in the rear looks like your low-band antenna! LOL

My eyes are getting bad!

n8zcc

macquillr - Question for you...

Regarding the picture with the roof mounted antennas. I would like to place a couple of through-the-roof antennas on my truck (2m and 70cm) but I also have the need to make use of the car wash from living on dirt roads.

Do you run your vehicle through the car wash and if so, how do the antennas make out?

Thanks

ResqChief201

Premium Subscriber

Regarding the picture with the roof mounted antennas. I would like to place a couple of through-the-roof antennas on my truck (2m and 70cm) but I also have the need to make use of the car wash from living on dirt roads.

Do you run your vehicle through the car wash and if so, how do the antennas make out?

Thanks

when ive gone throught the car was i simply just unscrew the antenna and leave the NMO base in place and it is fine because the seal is still there. I would not recommend a car wash with antenna. I currently placed the low profile phantom antenna on my roof and those are much more durable and those can make it through a car wash. any other questions let me know!

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Nice setup. CDM's are good radios. I have more than a few. Even have a couple for 220. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Looks good, I have a 2008 Explorer and used the Havis Console and I love it. Can you post pictures of the cabinet in the back? I want to add something in the back for all of my gear and tools. Check out my thread too. Also what lights and locations.

wuzafuzz

Thanks

I take antennas through car washes all the time. Just use the brushless car pressure wash. My car gets filthy in the winter months and the good brushless wash racks do a good job. Once in a while I have to do a little pre-scrub with a handheld brush, but that is antenna friendly. Worth a shot.

DisasterGuy

I take my work truck with two standard 1/4~ whip antennas and 6 phantom antennas through a regular car wash all the time... No issues but YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.