My "shack" or collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

The Wretched
Not as pretty as some (like mancow, N9JIG, etc) but it serves me well enough! I have an agreement with dirt & dust. I don't bother it & it don't bother me. Leave it alone! ;-P

dx440hts.png

Couple of StormWind HT's, Nagoya whips & ext mics/spkrs for them, & Uniden FRS/GMRS.
My original Realistic DX 440 that I've had for years & years. I plan to setup an external antenna for the DX440 thanks to some help from RR forum users.

feeds.png

My old dog systems that run feed & what-not.

front.png

From these (U)BC-780XLTs & my BCD436HP

back.png

My SDR & more feeds, which are SDR - left & feeds - right. Some feeds come from the above 780's...

SCPD

QRT
It's a known fact that dust improves reception, especially P25 simulcast systems. :)

Nice setup, the DX440 brings back lot's of memories of fun SW listening.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Lord knows we shouldn't know what brand of computers and monitors you're using! ;)

joeuser

The Wretched
[emoji102] Don't mind my paranoia, they are all my custom builds " white boxes " if you will. I'm not going to be accused of advertising / spamming! I wouldn't worry, if everyone wasn't out to get me! [emoji40]

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Nice set-up you have there joeuser. That DX-440 is a nice radio. Wish I still had mine. Hmmmmm, may have to go browsing on eBay.

It's a known fact that dust improves reception, especially P25 simulcast systems. :)

Oh man, if only that were true. If it was, I'd be pulling in signals from California and Hawaii. My shack is so dusty right now (in the process of once again remodeling it) that the dust bunnies are having dust bunnies. LOL!! :D

joeuser

The Wretched
Thanks. I have 2 - Pro-164's, 4 - Pro-197's, & the 996XT. Now I have to figure out how to split them off the antenna drop - no Stridsberg this time $$$

Eng3ineer

Thanks. I have 2 - Pro-164's, 4 - Pro-197's, & the 996XT. Now I have to figure out how to split them off the antenna drop - no Stridsberg this time $$$

Might give / look at the Electroline EDA Drop Amps. They range from 20 to 60 bucks and work great to split the antenna feed. I use the EDA 2400 that has four outlets. Only downside is it uses F connecters but if use coax cable like I do works great. I built pigtail to power my amps off my power supply so don't have to use the wall warts.

Electroline Eda 2800 in House Drop Amp Brand New | eBay

Also look over in Splitters, Filters and Multicouplers section quite few post on these amps.

joeuser

The Wretched
"Shack" updated... More to come... Including new (to me) SW stuffs & some antiques I managed to acquire... You guys are a bad influence on me!

c0f15943e33d1426cc0a49329fa79fc8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.