2014 Home Shack Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2PXV

My 2014 Home Shack Setup. A lot cleaner, "maturer" than my first one when I was in college. Operating two BCT-15's up top. Wouxun KG-UVD1P Portable, Vertex VX920 Portable (DualBand VHF/UHF), and RadioShack Pro-97 Handheld Scanner. Also a Motorola Minitor-5 Pager for all you public safety personnel out there.

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 2,010
  • IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 2,071
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 2,057
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,914

KC2PXV

Pro-97 has the RS shorty racing scanner antenna.
Larry

Negative, correction.. The Pro97 has an older glass mount antenna on the right side of the room. If you look at the picture closely the wire runs behind it. The BCT-15 is using a Radio Shack brand Outdoor VHF-Hi/UHF Scanner Antenna. It is currently sitting under the television waiting for outdoor roof mounting later this month.

KC2PXV

Nice! I thought vertex doesn't have a true dual band HT ? from what I've herd then you can TX RX on VHF and then only RX on UHF or the other way around.
am I wrong ??

That is correct TX/RX on VHF and unfortunately only RX on UHF. Which I was misinformed when I gave the green light to have someone install the UHF chip for me. Live and learn I guess.

That is correct TX/RX on VHF and unfortunately only RX on UHF. Which I was misinformed when I gave the green light to have someone install the UHF chip for me. Live and learn I guess.

Well it hard to get manufacturers to build a good durable DUAL BAND ht for under 5k

so how does the radio perform with repeaters and simplex ?

I've been interested in vertex radios for a long time now but have no bought one yet

Status
Not open for further replies.