Latest update to my Command Centre (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
New 2018 photos of the shack, there is still a lot to do until its finished.

shack_left.jpg

shack_right.jpg

More updates on my website as I get time to put together the story of how this all came together.

73's

Joe VE5JL

radio3353

Hard to imagine you still have something left to do :lol:

Looks great. Many fun hours spent there I bet.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Typically when someone says "Command Center" I check out the post and think "eh that's pretty nice but not very command center like". But now...now you've really done it. Definitely a command center type setup. The racking and such would make it very flexible for future changes because, well, we all know we're never "done" with our ham shacks!

Incredible job!

When do you launch the next rocket? :D:D

SCPD

QRT
Sexiest radio setup ever.Looks awesome!
I would relocate the glasses though, an earthquake could get you hurt...hey ya never know....
We had one in NJ in 1983....oddly.

ka1njl

Very Nice!

I’m rebuilding my shack now and you have given me some ideas. Could you please explain the signal flow through your mixer? Managing audio from multiple sources is always a challenge.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Wow lots of of vintage gear there! I recognize most all of it, and had a lot of it over the years. I wished I kept it. But I'm always buying and selling.

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
Typically when someone says "Command Center" I check out the post and think "eh that's pretty nice but not very command center like". But now...now you've really done it. Definitely a command center type setup. The racking and such would make it very flexible for future changes because, well, we all know we're never "done" with our ham shacks!

Incredible job!

When do you launch the next rocket? :D:D

LOL.... Thank you. All of the equipment will be rack mounted eventually and the plan is it have one rack dedicated to Ham, Scanning, SWL and CB. And yes, the work is never done... :lol:

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
I’m rebuilding my shack now and you have given me some ideas. Could you please explain the signal flow through your mixer? Managing audio from multiple sources is always a challenge.

I hope to be able to handle all audio through the mixer. I don't want to have to keep jumping up and down to adjust volume. That's the theory but I have so much to do before I get to that stage.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Could you go into some detail about the rack construction? Are those off-the-shelf steel equipment racks? What are the wooden strips between the racks?

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
That audio setup seems interesting. Where's the speakers? Couldn't see any shack info at your website.

/Ubbe

The audio section will be the last thing I tackle. There are no speakers as of yet but once I run all of the audio lines I will install speakers on top of the rack. That's still a few years away as there is a lot to do before hand.

I'm gathering photos and notes so I can start a page on the site dedicated to the build of the shack.

Thank you for looking

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
Could you go into some detail about the rack construction? Are those off-the-shelf steel equipment racks? What are the wooden strips between the racks?

To make a long story short, the rack is commercial and is intended for 21" CRT monitors to sit in every station. 8 in total. It cost $12,000 Canadian dollars and was used as a monitoring station for a government agency. I won it at an auction for $200.00. The wood that you will not see when it's all finished are spacers making the 21" hole 19" for standard racking.

73's

Joe

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Very Nice, Joe. Just completed a update here and a pic will follow shortly.

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.