N4CYA'S setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
As you can see in the two photographs I don't have a scanner but I do have my gaming computer that I custom built. I mostly game on this computer when I am not listening to music on YouTube or watching other gamers talk about different games that are coming out soon or later.

The radio you see on my computer desk is a Motorola XTS 5000R UHF that I use everyday and it gets the job done.

How does the computer handle editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Media Encoder CC no issues with both when editing videos that I make. Also it handles PlanePlotter, DUMP1090, MilAirComms1090, Virtual Radar Server/VRS and PlaneFinder as you can see in the second photograph below very well I never had an issue when leaving the programs running for periods of time.

I've been a gamer for most of my life and enjoy talking to people when in conversation with people in game chat no matter what game I am playing at the current time. I've played with bunch of people around the states and countries and they are great gamers as well.

In the photos I have the following gaming computer setup.

Computer case: Corsair 780T
Motherboard: MSI Godlike
Processor: Intel 5930k 3.5 ghz
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32gb
Video card: MSI 980TI 6gb
SSD: Samsung 250GB
Hard Drive: Western Digital 2TB
CPU Cooler: Corsair 280mm radiator with Corsair Link
Computer case lighting: NZXT Hue +
Monitor: Viotek GN34C 34" monitor[
Microphone for game chat: Audio Technica AT2035
Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlett Solo v2 with Monster Cable XLR cables
Headphones: Sennheisier HD 650
Speakers: Bose Companion 5 speakers
Mic stand: Rode PSM
Keyboard: Corsair K70
Mouse: Corsair Glave
Gaming chair: DX Racer King series with neck and spine cushions
Webcam: Logitech Brio 4k webcam

Enjoy,

- Jamie
computer.jpg

planetracking.jpg

Last edited:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Very nice! That’s a heck of a nice computer (and radio)!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. For what I paid out for everything inside of the computer and what the accessories I use I think I did very well on the computer. I like the XTS 5000R it's a good solid radio.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
You don't have to have a scanner to have a place here - thanks for sharing! Great setup! And, yes, that chair looks nice and comfy!

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
You don't have to have a scanner to have a place here - thanks for sharing! Great setup! And, yes, that chair looks nice and comfy!

Thank you for that nice complement. The chair is very comfy while I'm playing a game or watching YouTube videos and Internet surfing.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Very sweet setup - I especially like the CPU case looky-loo window! Very nice and high techy! I gotta get me one of those :)

JD
kf4anc

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Very sweet setup - I especially like the CPU case looky-loo window! Very nice and high techy! I gotta get me one of those :)

JD
kf4anc

Thanks John! Corsair makes a great computer case for whatever custom computer build the computer person is trying to build.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Are you using the motorola to scan or converted for amateur use? Just curious, I would like to have one myself for both one day.

I use the XTS 5000R for Amateur Radio use when I travel and listen to the P25 repeaters in the area where I travel to. I just programmed the P25 repeaters for Amateur Radio repeaters and talk to the people who are listening. To be really honest you'll like the XTS 5000 or 5000R portable/handheld radios either MOD 1/2/3 ( Model 3 is full keypad). You can find great deals on the XTS 5000 or 5000R depends on what the radio has for features and accessories. Also try searching on Facebook user groups under Motorola for sale you can find deals on there as well.

Normally when you find a XTS 5000 or 5000R portable radio the seller of the radio will program the radio for you and sometimes they won't depends on the seller cause at times it takes time programming these radios the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.