RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Politics

Politics Anarchists unite. Come argue how inefficient the political system is here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 9:15 PM

Default Is anyone concerned about DHS buying stockpiles of ammo?

And Obama aski ng generals if they would fire on US citizens? IMPEACH THIS TRAITOR NOW.
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2013, 9:30 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I'm concerned where they are keeping it and how many guards they have, and how difficult it would be to go there and get some back.....
Old 02-20-2013, 6:59 AM
KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVERSMVP09 View Post
And Obama aski ng generals if they would fire on US citizens? IMPEACH THIS TRAITOR NOW.
Do you have a reliable source for your claim?
And when I say reliable I don't mean Breitbart or Blaze?
You know a site with journalistic ethics?
And what in your eyes has the President done that warrants being impeached and why is he a "traitor"?
Marshall KE4ZNR

@KE4ZNR on Twitter
http://instagram.com/KE4ZNR

Last edited by KE4ZNR; 02-20-2013 at 6:59 AM.. Reason: clarity
Old 02-20-2013, 7:36 AM

Not as concerned as I am about the crackpots and 'preppers' buying tens of thousands of rounds.

There have been a few news items lately about law enforcement having a hard time getting enough for street officers and range training.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bush's DHS should be abolished, but there's no legitimate reason for Billy Bob Goofball to have more ammo than some small countries.
Old 02-20-2013, 7:38 AM

This was taken from a FFL only forum I'm a member of. In response to the amount of ammo;
Quote:
DHS encompasses several agencies, including the Secret Service, Border Patrol, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, FLETC, Coast Guard, and about a dozen more I can list once I'm back at work tomorrow and haev access to the DHS intranet (I'm a contractor for the Coast Guard). While that much ammo sounds like a lot, when broken down over the years and added up for all the agent training and quals, it doesn't work out to much on a per-agent basis.
Sponsored links
Old 02-20-2013, 10:45 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE4ZNR View Post
And what in your eyes has the President done that warrants being impeached and why is he a "traitor"?
Marshall KE4ZNR
Oooo, can I answer that?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:36 AM
KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
Oooo, can I answer that?
Of course.
I wait for you to provide facts that
a) The President is a "traitor".
and
b) Evidence of any crimes that the President has committed that warrant impeachment.

Believe me I am not a fan of many of this administrations decisions over the last 4-5 years. That is why I voted Libertarian in this last election.
But you just can't impeach a President because he is a Democrat/Liberal or because he is African American as some around would wish.
You must have real evidence of crimes committed by that President.
So let's see that evidence from reputable sources folks. Put up or shut up.
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

@KE4ZNR on Twitter
http://instagram.com/KE4ZNR
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Re: Is anyone concerned about DHS buying stockpiles of ammo?

Not worried at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-20-2013, 11:52 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

I seem to recall many years ago (and many administrations ago) allegations that soldiers were being asked if they would fire upon their fellow citizens. This (conspiracy theory?) has been around for a long while if true. Late 80's/early 90's, maybe?
Sponsored links
Old 02-20-2013, 12:02 PM

Conspiracy theory? No theory, they will and have.

Kent State University, 1970
Detroit, 1967

Two that I know of for certain. Not sure about LA Watts in '68 or some of the other deployments like Alabama.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:18 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Kent State was Ohio Army National Guard, correct? Were they federal or state troops in Detroit and elsewhere?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:32 PM

Detroit was 82nd Airborne, several people were killed, several others fired on, some by tank gunners. Not all of that incident is documented on the web anywhere.

Not sure what all happened in the Alabama school situation, but they were Federal troops.
Old 02-20-2013, 1:03 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.1.32543/28.3821; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Fox News and The San Francisco Chronicle had news stories about this. An estimated 1.6 billion rounds have been purchased in the past 10 months. A vast amount were hollow point, well the U.S. Coast Guard (under DHS since 2001) doesn't use hollow point. Just because every national news outlet or local paper isn't throwing this into the face of the blind, deaf, dumb, and stupid doesn't or can't discount that their may be some grain of truth to this. Police depts can barely if at all get ammo for officers and yet DHS is buying over a billion rounds, more ammo then used during the Iraq cluster F***.
Old 02-20-2013, 2:07 PM

I'm not concerned. If you are, and think the ammo. may be a threat to you, take Joe "double barrel" Biden's advice "buy a shotgun"

Joe probably got his shotgun inspiration from this video. The double barrel demonstration starts at 2:52 -

AA-12 Fully Automatic Shotgun!!! - YouTube
Old 02-20-2013, 2:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidd88 View Post

Fox News and The San Francisco Chronicle had news stories about this. An estimated 1.6 billion rounds have been purchased in the past 10 months. A vast amount were hollow point, well the U.S. Coast Guard (under DHS since 2001) doesn't use hollow point. Just because every national news outlet or local paper isn't throwing this into the face of the blind, deaf, dumb, and stupid doesn't or can't discount that their may be some grain of truth to this. Police depts can barely if at all get ammo for officers and yet DHS is buying over a billion rounds, more ammo then used during the Iraq cluster F***.
Possibly the number of rounds the DHS have been recently pursuing is more than has been fired in anger during US involvement in Iraq, but it is certainly not more than the US military uses in training. The US military acquired, form its main source the Lake City plant, about 1.3 billion rounds a year for the years 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 ( figure 6 http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA513086 ). That is roughly 5.2 billion rounds acquired, while during the same 4 year period only about 300 million were used in combat operations or for in theater training. That means that in 4 years the military used just under 5 billion rounds for training.

Sorry, the DHS with its multitude of sub agencies just does not alarm me by procuring a lump sum of ammunition of this magnitude. In this day and age single large procurements are often easier to get done than multiple individual procurements. Now, if it continues as a trend then I would want to see where it is going, what it is being used for. I am not defending it, I just donít find it horribly odd Ö yet

As for the US CG not using hollow points I think they do. I believe they use it in their sidearms during law enforcement missions, as does INS, Secret Service, Customs, etc.

T!
Sponsored links
Old 02-20-2013, 3:18 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.1.32543/28.3821; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token
Quote:

Possibly the number of rounds the DHS have been recently pursuing is more than has been fired in anger during US involvement in Iraq, but it is certainly not more than the US military uses in training. The US military acquired, form its main source the Lake City plant, about 1.3 billion rounds a year for the years 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 ( figure 6 http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA513086 ). That is roughly 5.2 billion rounds acquired, while during the same 4 year period only about 300 million were used in combat operations or for in theater training. That means that in 4 years the military used just under 5 billion rounds for training.

Sorry, the DHS with its multitude of sub agencies just does not alarm me by procuring a lump sum of ammunition of this magnitude. In this day and age single large procurements are often easier to get done than multiple individual procurements. Now, if it continues as a trend then I would want to see where it is going, what it is being used for. I am not defending it, I just donít find it horribly odd Ö yet

As for the US CG not using hollow points I think they do. I believe they use it in their sidearms during law enforcement missions, as does INS, Secret Service, Customs, etc.

T!
I could care less about DHS, as for the USCG, no they don't use hollow point, at least not since I've worked with them. They tend to lean towards frangibles, especially when searching large confined ships. Their was even talk of the Marines switching to frangibles. But not sure what's going on with that, I do know their going to the .45 1911.
Old 02-20-2013, 5:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I could care less about DHS, as for the USCG, no they don't use hollow point, at least not since I've worked with them. They tend to lean towards frangibles, especially when searching large confined ships. Their was even talk of the Marines switching to frangibles. But not sure what's going on with that, I do know their going to the .45 1911.
Among other cartridges, for use in their SIG Sauer P229R DAK pistols the US CG issues .40 S&W Mk 309, Mod 0, 155 grain ball, NSN 1305-01-550-0179, it also issues .40 S&W Mk 308, Mod 0, 155 grain JHP, NSN 1305-01-548-6279. It has been working towards a standardized .40 S&W frangible round, but last I knew a contract had not yet been let for this round.

T!

Last edited by Token; 02-20-2013 at 5:40 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token
Quote:
Among other cartridges, for use in their SIG Sauer P229R DAK pistols the US CG issues .40 S&W Mk 309, Mod 0, 155 grain ball, NSN 1305-01-550-0179, it also issues .40 S&W Mk 308, Mod 0, 155 grain JHP, NSN 1305-01-548-6279. It has been working towards a standardized .40 S&W frangible round, but last I knew a contract had not yet been let for this round.

T!
Seeing I've worked one on one with a maritime LE team on Lake Michigan, I know for sure what you've mentioned is not what they used. As I stated, they may have change "since then".
Old 02-20-2013, 6:23 PM

Um... DHS.... that was the work of the guy you voted for.
"We're fighting ... to secure freedom in the homeland." -George W. Bush August 5th 2002.
Dubya signed the Homeland Security Act (which created the OHS/DHS) on November 25th, 2002.

If you have a problem with them buying bullets, presumably to come door to door and take your guns away, well that was your guy.

You have nothing to worry about, they're just fighting to secure your freedom.
Old 02-20-2013, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
Um... DHS.... that was the work of the guy you voted for.
"We're fighting ... to secure freedom in the homeland." -George W. Bush August 5th 2002.
Dubya signed the Homeland Security Act (which created the OHS/DHS) on November 25th, 2002.

If you have a problem with them buying bullets, presumably to come door to door and take your guns away, well that was your guy.

You have nothing to worry about, they're just fighting to secure your freedom.
I'd allow an armed Dubya cover my back anytime. I can't say the same for shotgun doofus 1 and doofus 2.