RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Politics

Politics - Anarchists unite. Come argue how inefficient the political system is here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 5:00 PM

Default Global Warming, is Gore right?

He just won't quit.

Al Gore explains why he’s optimistic about stopping global warming
Old 08-22-2013, 11:51 AM

Are you a climate changer denier or do you just not like al gore cuz he's on the blue team?
Old 08-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Global Warming, is Gore right?

Climate change is real.

Lying doesn't help.

There is no new Category 6 hurricane.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:26 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
Are you a climate changer denier or do you just not like al gore cuz he's on the blue team?
I don't like him because he is a hypocrite!
Old 08-27-2013, 3:27 PM

At best, there are huge issues with the man-made warming theory. It is estimated that about 1% of the greenhouse effect is comprised of Co2. Out of that 1%, only an estimated .25 is man-made. Yet, about 90+% of the greenhouse effect is created by simple water vapor... Just water evaporating from the oceans. Nobody seems to have any problem with that 90+% of water vapor, yet some claim that a tiny 1/4 of a percent of man-made Co2 is somehow responsible for changing the climate. There are also tons of ice core samples taken over decades, that had past eras before man-made Co2 even existed, showing PPM counts of Co2 were up in the 5000-7000 range, with no major adverse effect. In fact, that was happening through some ice ages. Yet today's tiny PPM count of 300+ is supposedly signaling some sort of dooms day? That doesn't really make much sense. I'm sure climate is changing, because it always does. Claiming that 1/4 percent of a gas in the GHE is doing it all, appears to be a bit of a stretch... if going by basic evidence.

The Farmers Almanac people are the only ones that have shown a decent record for predicting climate change. They use a formula based on the sun's various activity levels... Co2 levels don't factor into their predictions.
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2013, 3:48 PM

Cooler Heads May Prevail in Climate Debate | Human Events

One of the final panels included legendary “weatherman” John Coleman, whom many recall from the early days of ABC’s “Good Morning America.” It is no secret that Coleman — who went on to become the founder of The Weather Channel — is not a believer in the theory of man-made global warming. He regrets that The Weather Channel has succumbed to pressure to report climate falsehoods to the public. His presentation included the virtually unknown (might one say suppressed?) story of Al Gore’s university professor whom Gore credits with triggering his interest in the planet. Dr. Roger Revelle came to recant the very research Gore (who received a C and a D in his only two college-level science courses) now uses as the basis for selling his carbon credit and cap and trade investment “opportunities.” KUSI, the San Diego TV station on which Coleman appears these days, allowed him to report the full story. A video of the report was a part of his presentation.

Couldn't care less if you believe it or not, IMHO Gore is an idiot -
Old 08-27-2013, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandAZ View Post

One of the final panels included legendary “weatherman” John Coleman, whom many recall from the early days of ABC’s “Good Morning America.” It is no secret that Coleman — who went on to become the founder of The Weather Channel — is not a believer in the theory of man-made global warming. He regrets that The Weather Channel has succumbed to pressure to report climate falsehoods to the public. His presentation included the virtually unknown (might one say suppressed?) story of Al Gore’s university professor whom Gore credits with triggering his interest in the planet. Dr. Roger Revelle came to recant the very research Gore (who received a C and a D in his only two college-level science courses) now uses as the basis for selling his carbon credit and cap and trade investment “opportunities.” KUSI, the San Diego TV station on which Coleman appears these days, allowed him to report the full story. A video of the report was a part of his presentation.

I agree, he's in it for the money. I believe the weather runs in cycles, I'm not on board with the global warming thing.
Old 08-27-2013, 4:08 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Democrats/Liberals use global warming to push their "green" agenda...aka kill jobs!
Old 08-27-2013, 4:18 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Here's Al Gore's $9 Million dollar carbon foot print.
Attached Images

Last edited by N1RGR; 08-27-2013 at 4:24 PM..
Old 08-27-2013, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandAZ View Post

Hmmmm.

Youtube removed the video.
Old 08-27-2013, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
Democrats/Liberals use global warming to push their "green" agenda...aka kill jobs!
Consumatives use global warming to push THEIR agenda and fight regulations that protect the environment and still ship jobs overseas... aka kill jobs!

Green energy has created a lot of jobs, even right here in my area. Why you can sit there and want to have pollution everywhere... in the air, in the water, in the food you eat.... I mean just go anywhere and try to find something that isn't polluted from industry, especially dirty energies.

I was trying to buy a property on Lake Wylie in the Charlotte area and that lake has just been ravaged by the coal and nuke plants that are around it. There's even signs up telling you not to eat the fish because of the high mercury levels. Is that really the world you want for your kids? Is it more important that there are jobs than a planet where we can breathe air, drink water and eat fish?

And if you really want to see industry left to its own devices where it's free to create lots of jobs, you really should pay a visit to China or India where it's an absolute disaster area from all the industrial pollution. Maybe you'll enjoy a gondola ride down one of the many sewage and garbage canals and you can ask all the workers how they like the freedom of not having a minimum wage or all those job-killing workplace safety regulations. Especially the workers that are knee deep in toxic chemcials like mercury used in tanning to make all those cheap louis vuitton knockoff hand bags and seats for your suv.

Last edited by rapidcharger; 08-27-2013 at 6:51 PM..
Old 08-27-2013, 8:05 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I was trying to buy a property on Lake Wylie in the Charlotte area and that lake has just been ravaged by the coal and nuke plants that are around it. There's even signs up telling you not to eat the fish because of the high mercury levels. Is that really the world you want for your kids? Is it more important that there are jobs than a planet where we can breathe air, drink water and eat fish?
Im a power plant engineer by trade. Can you explain to us how the nuclear power industry is ravaging the water ways? You are corect about coal emissions but not nuclear.
Old 08-28-2013, 6:24 AM

Location: RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the SAM

Farmers' Almanac predicts colder-than-normal winter for most of US | Fox News

Quote:
. The 197-year-old almanac is predicting a colder-than-normal winter for most of the United States, with a winter storm hitting around the time of the Super Bowl on Feb. 2, 2014, in New Jersey. (AP Photo)

The Farmers' Almanac is using words like "piercing cold," ''bitterly cold" and "biting cold" to describe the upcoming winter. And if its predictions are right, the first outdoor Super Bowl in years will be a messy "Storm Bowl."
Global warming stopped 16 years ago, Met Office report reveals: MoS got it right about warming... so who are the 'deniers' now? | Mail Online

Quote:
Last year The Mail on Sunday reported a stunning fact: that global warming had ‘paused’ for 16 years. The Met Office’s own monthly figures showed there had been no statistically significant increase in the world’s temperature since 1997.
"Global warming" is just a green libtard Eco push for their agendas. Look at all the money spent on "green jobs" and then look at all the green energy companies filing bankruptcy. It's a LOL cause! Mean while China is taking all the jobs and polluting like no tomorrow. We have more damn regulations that are harming not helping businesses all on the climate change BS!

This Sig may or may not get purged from the database...

Last edited by poltergeisty; 08-28-2013 at 6:28 AM..
Old 08-28-2013, 6:33 AM

Obama supporters

See, even spiders can behave strangely given drugs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmpquNqXQaA

Last edited by poltergeisty; 08-28-2013 at 6:35 AM..
Old 08-28-2013, 7:36 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Did someone REALLY post the Farmers Crapanac in a discussion about ANYTHING related to weather?

Really?
Old 08-28-2013, 8:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
Im a power plant engineer by trade. Can you explain to us how the nuclear power industry is ravaging the water ways? You are corect about coal emissions but not nuclear.
There are both coal and nuke plants on that lake and also up stream at other lakes.

The mercury pollution may come from the coal plants but the life cycle emissions from the nukes can't be overlooked either. Nor can the overall look and feel of that place that has been destroyed by the presence of the nuke plant. Aside from the blight of cooling towers, steam rising all the power lines strung up everywhere, there are major safety hazards with nuclear energy. I have lived near nuke plants before. I'm familiar with the monthly tests of the sirens and loudspeakers that warn you to evacuate when Homer Simpson makes an oopsie. Being in that industry, you know the shape that many of those aging nukes are in. You surely also know what has to be done to the spent fuel and other bydroducts and what has to be done for pretty much eternity, even if a plant has to be shut down. And I'm sure you're keeping up with Fukushima daiichi which is still continuing to have serious problems with leaks of contaminated water and other things they just can't seem to fix even though they are trying to decommission that plant. Nuclear is just a horrible, horrible idea all the way around and so many of those plants are so friggen old it does not give one a lot of confidence to live near one.

Ultimately I chose to live somewhere else. There's lakes in my current state where you can go and enjoy the natural scenery without constant reminders of how humankind has crapped all over and continue to smear poop all over the planet.

Last edited by rapidcharger; 08-28-2013 at 8:20 AM..
Old 08-28-2013, 8:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdale View Post
Did someone REALLY post the Farmers Crapanac in a discussion about ANYTHING related to weather?

Really?
Curious to know what you think about my other link.

Old 08-28-2013, 8:38 AM

Quote:
. You surely also know what has to be done to the spent fuel and other bydroducts and what has to be done for pretty much eternity, even if a plant has to be shut down.
In France they recycle the spent rods. Why can't we? Bush wanted to, but wasn't well funded.

Quote:
And I'm sure you're keeping up with Fukushima daiichi which is still continuing to have serious problems with leaks of contaminated water and other things they just can't seem to fix even though they are trying to decommission that plant.
The problem that primary occurred at Fukushima is that the back up generators that provided power to the cooling pumps to the reactor were at ground level and so they were flooded. Had they been constructed higher up this melt down would not have happened. You can't take a small error like that and create a broad picture saying all nuclear power plants are bad. Nuclear power is a tried and proven method of pretty clean energy outside of the spent nuclear rods which I stated could be recycled. Would you rather have NoX and SoX polluting the atmosphere from coal power plants?

I'm personally for all methods of power production except wind and solar. It has been shown that even with government money for wind and solar they went bankrupt. What is it? Third generation nuclear power plants? That is the future of energy development in this country and many countries rely on just that. Most of France is powered off nuclear power. Submarines are nuclear powered. Aircraft carriers are nuclear powered. Until we can develop fusion I'm affraid we are a little stuck in the 21st century.

Old 08-28-2013, 8:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
Quote:
even winning a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts.
The Nobel Peace Prize is a joke. They gave one to Obozo in what? 21 days of decision making? If I were a left-wing nut bag I too could grab a Nobel Peace Prize.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feets View Post
Hmmmm.

Youtube removed the video.
Put on your big boy pants and Google it - I'm sure you'll find it.

Tags
tree-hugging hippie