RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Politics

Politics Anarchists unite. Come argue how inefficient the political system is here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 6:18 PM

Default Boehner: We fought, didn't win

Washington (CNN) -- Senate leaders on Wednesday announced a deal to end the
partial government shutdown
and avoid a possible U.S. default, and House Speaker John Boehner
urged fellow Republicans to support it while a key GOP conservative
said he wouldn't try to block it in the Senate.

Boehner urges House GOP to support Senate deal - CNN.com

Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2013, 10:07 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Boy did I call this one! It was a no win situation! The only way to defeat Obamacare is at the ballot box! And we just blew that chance! I may have flipped but my flop was in the right direction! I just wish the rest in my party did the same!

Last edited by N1RGR; 10-16-2013 at 10:10 PM..
Old 10-17-2013, 8:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
The only way to defeat Obamacare is at the ballot box!
Actually I think Obamacare is doing a pretty good job defeating itself. The website doesn't work (I can confirm that it's an epic failure thanks to the private Canadian firm who got paid close to a billion dollars to put it up) and it's only funded for a year. Since its only going to work if 300k young healthy people sign up, and that'll never happen, especially with the morons who are running it, we're going to go through this again in a year at which point, I'm sure there will be more support to dismantle it.
Old 10-20-2013, 1:26 PM

Just wait until January. The Cruz contingent will go for another shut-down as a sure-fire attention getter, Its their only weapon.
Other data that nobody cares about.
Old 10-20-2013, 4:12 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk2370bruce View Post
Just wait until January. The Cruz contingent will go for another shut-down as a sure-fire attention getter, Its their only weapon.
The Republicans took that weapon and shot themselves right in the foot! They would be stupid to do it again....but you never know.
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013, 6:59 PM

Yeah, this last shutdown was just awful. People dying in the streets. Everyone starving to death. Just awful.

Made the Great Depression seem like boom times. Just awful.

Think of the starving childrens!
Attached Images

Last edited by feets; 10-20-2013 at 8:25 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feets View Post
Yeah, this last shutdown was just awful. People dying in the streets. Everyone starving to death. Just awful.

Made the Great Depression seem like boom times. Just awful.

Think of the starving childrens!
The shutdown actually did a great deal of damage to the economy. It cost us (just us, not counting other countries) an estimated $24 billion.

Here's an article for you in usually right-leaning Time Managzine
Government Shutdown Cost $24 Billion, According to Standard & Poor's | TIME.com
Old 10-22-2013, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
The shutdown actually did a great deal of damage to the economy. It cost us (just us, not counting other countries) an estimated $24 billion.

Here's an article for you in usually right-leaning Time Managzine
Government Shutdown Cost $24 Billion, According to Standard & Poor's | TIME.com
Of course it did. Those on the right don't deny this, so I don't know where the surprise is.

When government is the main driving force of the economy, any hicup will effect the economy.

It is precisely why relying on government to drive the economy is a bad idea. Just wait until we really can't pay the bills. This little hicup will be seen for the tiny bump it is.

Last edited by feets; 10-22-2013 at 1:47 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
The Republicans took that weapon and shot themselves right in the foot! They would be stupid to do it again....but you never know.
So long has we have freshman extremist legislators with no practical experience in either politics or economics, they will try the same or something similar tactic even though the majority of their own party told them that the "grand scheme" would crash and burn. They should, at least, listen to the Koch brothers. The mathematics does show that, nationwide, the teabaggers have a very low acceptance and popularity in the polls. Their popularity within their own electoral district and party caucus does not equate with this more global view. If they continue on their current path, few will serve for a second term.
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2013, 9:42 PM

Quote:
So long has we have freshman extremist legislators with no practical experience in either politics or economics, they will try the same or something similar tactic even though the majority of their own party told them that the "grand scheme" would crash and burn. They should, at least, listen to the Koch brothers. The mathematics does show that, nationwide, the teabaggers have a very low acceptance and popularity in the polls. Their popularity within their own electoral district and party caucus does not equate with this more global view. If they continue on their current path, few will serve for a second term.
LOL.

How many Congress critters do you get to vote for?

National polls are meaningless. Not a single Senator or Congressmen is elected by the nation. Not one.

How much do you wanna bet my Senator will be re-elected? Name your price. He voted no on this last "deal".
Old 10-23-2013, 2:56 PM

Voters get the legislators that they've paid for. There is still a good chance that the Republicants will lose the majority in the house That's national politics. Should they lose the House majority, your party of NO will be powerless to enact some of the positive ideas they might have as well as failed attempts at further questionable tactics. Isolation and quarantine will be applied just as it is in any other gang fight or schoolyard brawl.
Old 10-23-2013, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Voters get the legislators that they've paid for. There is still a good chance that the Republicants will lose the majority in the house That's national politics. Should they lose the House majority, your party of NO will be powerless to enact some of the positive ideas they might have as well as failed attempts at further questionable tactics. Isolation and quarantine will be applied just as it is in any other gang fight or schoolyard brawl.
There is no question in my mind the ignorant masses may go back to their crusty old fart politicians that got us into the mess.

But, the people in this country have proven time after time that they have short memories. I believe what happens during the year '14 will most likely be the talking points for the mid terms. Yesterday is forgotten. Just look at the old crows still in office now after the shaftings they've given us over the years. McCain ain't gone no where.
Old 10-24-2013, 4:42 PM

Quote:
There is no question in my mind the ignorant masses may go back to their crusty old fart politicians that got us into the mess.

But, the people in this country have proven time after time that they have short memories. I believe what happens during the year '14 will most likely be the talking points for the mid terms. Yesterday is forgotten. Just look at the old crows still in office now after the shaftings they've given us over the years. McCain ain't gone no where.
Will the farts talk enough to get something done?

Reid, Ryan agree: There will be no ‘grand bargain’

Old 10-24-2013, 5:02 PM

Quote:

Here's one that will be back:

White House blames 'miscommunication' for Durbin's GOP insult story - latimes.com

Old 10-24-2013, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
Imagine that. An Ill. Democrat telling lies. Who'da thunk it?
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2013, 5:25 PM

Quote:

No. Ryan is an insider now. Check his voting record.
Old 10-24-2013, 6:30 PM

Quote:
No. Ryan is an insider now. Check his voting record.
A third party may be the answer. I said may. Looking at options.

Hillary or any other democrat is not on my list.

Old 10-24-2013, 6:46 PM

Quote:

Hell no! That would be contradictory to their very existence. Its more fun for them to continue these useless partisan squabbles while the nation goes down the crapper. The desire for smaller government will be replaced by fifty independant DisUnited States in America (a.k.a NO government)
Old 10-24-2013, 8:08 PM

Quote:
A third party may be the answer. I said may. Looking at options.

Hillary or any other democrat is not on my list.
Well, Hillary is out for me. But if Democrats ever lost their Nanny State approach and became fiscally responsible, I could consider voting for one.

That will happen about the same time Repubs give up on their social control issues.

So, since Repubs can't get the spending under control any better than the dems at the moment, third party is likely.
Old 10-25-2013, 1:09 PM

How about Paul Ryan? He seems to be the least objectionable candidate in either party. A Shilary vs Cruz Control would be at least worth a comical giggle. Throw Christie in as the Biden-style VP attack dog and it might get a special on HBO as the comedy of the year candidate for an Emmy. I think the picture will become clearer after the mid-year election cycle in November 2014. If the American public develops any long-term memory (unlikely), Repubs could lose control in the House and (at least) maintain their minority levels in the Senate. It is my hope that extremists, both left and right, will be thinned out of the herd grazing in da Swamp. (I couldn'r resist this because it pisses off one of my many detractors and I revel in his dislike and disdain for me).

Tags
boehner orange man, boner baner bonner, divided states of america, ticking time bomb