RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Politics

Politics Anarchists unite. Come argue how inefficient the political system is here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 10:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default FL - Dem Congressman: ‘We’ve Proved That Communism Works

"Democratic Florida Rep. Joe Garcia — fresh off being caught eating his own earwax on camera — was caught red-handed (or is it yellow-fingered?) in another gaffe this week, claiming that low crime rates in border cities with lots of federal immigration workers is proof that “Communism works.”

Garcia made the comment during a Google hangout he convened last week to talk about comprehensive immigration reform with supporters. The Democrat attempted to point out how, for all their talk about limited government, many Republicans are fine spending loads of government money on border security." -- DailyCaller.com

Dem Congressman: ‘We’ve Proved That Communism Works -- DailyCaller.com
Sponsored links
Old 07-04-2014, 2:09 PM

He's kinda got a point.

The funny thing about locking down the borders, is who in the monkey-fighting snake wants to live in a North Korea, complete with DMZ and not be able to travel freely without having to show papers? That is what these people are asking for when they say to send troops to the border. Send back the e-leegulz. Uh yeah. Duh. Duh? Duh duh.
Doieeeeee!
Old 07-04-2014, 6:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote from the above article:
Quote:
“And of course, the reason is we’ve proved that Communism works. If you give everybody a good government job, there’s no crime.”
Both statements are false.

Interesting though, that by his use of the contraction "we've", the Democratic Congressman basically drew a straight line between the people he is supposed to represent (democrat voters at least, if you ignore everyone else in his district) and the idea of communism. I'm sure that many democrats, even many in his district, oppose communism and support the freedoms upon which this country was founded. His statement, though, shows how off-center/skewed his perspective has become.

America was not founded to prove communism. America was founded, and has been defended faithfully through generations, so that each citizen (and many in other countries) can have Freedom, and many individual freedoms at that, which communism opposes.

Quoting from the Declaration of Independence:
Quote:
IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; ... and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
FREEDOM, not Communism!!

Quoting the Congressman again,
Quote:
“And of course, the reason is we’ve proved that Communism works. If you give everybody a good government job, there’s no crime.”
Again, I say both statements are false. Communism does NOT work; it deprives people of freedom. Through this country's generations, and not excluding recent years, there are many people who were given (by vote or appointment) a good government job who later (if not sooner) were proven to be criminal in their job(s).

Freedom...we have it so long as we use it and defend it.

Happy Independence Day!!

Thank you to all those who have served our country, at home and abroad, in defense of our freedoms.

And may God continue to bless America!! (...if He is still willing to do so.)
Old 07-04-2014, 8:43 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
He's kinda got a point.

The funny thing about locking down the borders, is who in the monkey-fighting snake wants to live in a North Korea, complete with DMZ and not be able to travel freely without having to show papers? That is what these people are asking for when they say to send troops to the border. Send back the e-leegulz. Uh yeah. Duh. Duh? Duh duh.
Doieeeeee!

If I was in charge during this invasion, I'd clean them out - just like Eisenhower did, just on a grander scale. I'd also strike zeta and ms13 camps, arm Mexican citizens and let them rid themselves of the gangs and corrupt officials.

In 2 weeks, you'd never have to hear "Press 1 for English" again.
Old 07-05-2014, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxco View Post
If I was in charge during this invasion, I'd clean them out - just like Eisenhower did, just on a grander scale. I'd also strike zeta and ms13 camps, arm Mexican citizens and let them rid themselves of the gangs and corrupt officials.

In 2 weeks, you'd never have to hear "Press 1 for English" again.
Not like Eisenhower.
HITLER!

You sound like a Nazi.
But a lot of those minuteman folks are too so I'm not surprised.
Sponsored links
Old 07-05-2014, 4:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Oooooh somebody played the hitler card with big bold letters.

first, I never suggested building camps with special showers for them, just make them all go the hell home with no other option like Eisenhower did in 1957.

We allow over 2,000,000 to come here LEGALLY every year - more than any other nation on earth! That's fine and dandy, we want people here who will respect our laws from the beginning.

The only ones I suggested harming are the ms-13, the druglords special forces known as the zetas and other drug gangs, some of whom are receiving direct training from hamas!

We have an active duty US Marine, Sgt Tahmooreesi who made a wrong turn, told them at the border he did NOT want to be in mexico and he had been in a Mexican prison already for over 90 days, I know that over 30 of those days he was 4 POINT CHAINED to his bed!

Who is acting like hitler again??? Did you know that a Mexican army helicopter crossed the border last week and fired on our border patrol agents??? The helicopter should have been shot down, that is what a military was made to do, primarily - to stop an attack on our soil - including the ongoing invasion!

The invasion MUST stop, the illegals and anchor babies MUST return home regardless of country of origin and we MUST build the double and triple walled fence - which we paid for and passed a LAW requiring the building of the fence about a decade ago.

Oh yeah - Thank God for the Minutemen & Joe Arpaio!!!

I have not and will never, ever will report a post to a mod - because I believe in hard, harsh, frank discussions - but going personal and playing the limp-wristed hitler card does not win your argument. Your feeble attempt to end all debate came straight out of the so-called 'progressive era' which gave birth to fascism and communism that have spread pain and misery everywhere they have been tried. Your arguments have the depth and knowledge (just based on their content) of a bumper sticker gazer. I know you must have far more on the ball than that - I have faith in ya, man!
Old 07-06-2014, 1:00 AM

Quote:

I know you must have far more on the ball than that - I have faith in ya, man!
No, he doesn't. Don't waste your time. You'll just go round and round until he gets banned,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again. For the second or third time.
Old 07-06-2014, 1:02 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I hope he isn't banned - I don't care what verbage he or anyone else uses in any discussion. I was just trying to give him a clue - for free even.
Old 07-06-2014, 7:52 AM

Bugs Bunny said it so well and it applies to Gacia; "What a Maroon!"
Other data that nobody cares about.
Sponsored links
Old 07-06-2014, 12:14 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Oooooh somebody played the hitler card with big bold letters.

first, I never suggested building camps with special showers for them, just make them all go the hell home with no other option like Eisenhower did in 1957.

We allow over 2,000,000 to come here LEGALLY every year - more than any other nation on earth! That's fine and dandy, we want people here who will respect our laws from the beginning.

The only ones I suggested harming are the ms-13, the druglords special forces known as the zetas and other drug gangs, some of whom are receiving direct training from hamas!

We have an active duty US Marine, Sgt Tahmooreesi who made a wrong turn, told them at the border he did NOT want to be in mexico and he had been in a Mexican prison already for over 90 days, I know that over 30 of those days he was 4 POINT CHAINED to his bed!

Who is acting like hitler again??? Did you know that a Mexican army helicopter crossed the border last week and fired on our border patrol agents??? The helicopter should have been shot down, that is what a military was made to do, primarily - to stop an attack on our soil - including the ongoing invasion!

The invasion MUST stop, the illegals and anchor babies MUST return home regardless of country of origin and we MUST build the double and triple walled fence - which we paid for and passed a LAW requiring the building of the fence about a decade ago.

Oh yeah - Thank God for the Minutemen & Joe Arpaio!!!

Well said! We need to send the frigging National Guard down there! Its obvious Obama has no interest in securing our border or enforcing our immigration laws! Now they are coming in by the thousands! Bus loads of illegal children are being dumped off in small towns around the country.This is becoming a humanitarian crisis! And its all being manufactured by this administration to push Obama's immigration reform bill "Amnesty". The President is doing NOTHING to try and stop it! Republicans have said secure the border first and then we can talk reform. But the President doesn't want to hear it! Its his way or the highway! In the mean time the flood continues!

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-06-2014 at 1:01 PM..
Old 07-06-2014, 2:03 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

No clear message from this administration if Illegals will be allowed to stay!
Homeland Sec. Johnson gives no clear answers on whether illegal immigrant children will be deported | Fox News
Old 07-06-2014, 10:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
No clear message from this administration if Illegals will be allowed to stay!
Homeland Sec. Johnson gives no clear answers on whether illegal immigrant children will be deported | Fox News
Since many politicians are adept at saying anything or saying nothing about any given topic, it is always best to observe what they actually do.

Allowing (or inviting and assisting) nearly 300,000 illegals to cross the border in-bound is a lot easier than ejecting those same 300,000, even if they never invaded farther than our border-gate's parking lot. The current administration's "verbal answer" might be "unclear", but the administration's actions are very clear -- Otherwise, this invasion would never have been allowed/orchestrated, and government officials wouldn't be at the border distributing candies, etc. and saying to the illegals that "we are all Americans", and transporting the almost 300,000 illegals deeper into this nation. Our front-line federal employees are some of the first ones to suffer the results of this invasion, but might not be the last.

The administration's message is very clear, and it seems they don't like opposition either.

Last edited by QDP2012; 07-06-2014 at 10:17 PM..
Old 07-07-2014, 7:12 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDP2012 View Post
Since many politicians are adept at saying anything or saying nothing about any given topic, it is always best to observe what they actually do.

Allowing (or inviting and assisting) nearly 300,000 illegals to cross the border in-bound is a lot easier than ejecting those same 300,000, even if they never invaded farther than our border-gate's parking lot. The current administration's "verbal answer" might be "unclear", but the administration's actions are very clear -- Otherwise, this invasion would never have been allowed/orchestrated, and government officials wouldn't be at the border distributing candies, etc. and saying to the illegals that "we are all Americans", and transporting the almost 300,000 illegals deeper into this nation. Our front-line federal employees are some of the first ones to suffer the results of this invasion, but might not be the last.

The administration's message is very clear, and it seems they don't like opposition either.
Yep and while the administration refuses to tell Americans what their doing with all these illegals flooding into this country this is whats happening behind our backs.
Obama Administration Dispersing Thousands Of Illegal Immigrant Children To Homes Throughout The U.S.

There is no plan to send them back! The President has created this crisis by refusing to secure the border or enforce our immigration laws. I'm just waiting for the amnesty executive order! He will use this crisis to say that he has no other choice.

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-07-2014 at 7:18 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 8:18 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Border Patrol agent says this crisis is being facilitated by this administration!
Latino Border Patrol Agent Spells Out Why the Obama Administration is Wrong About Our Borders
Old 07-07-2014, 9:32 AM

Quote:
Send 'em back home.
Sounds great, but...

Who is paying for the transportation/food/lodging etc for the
some estimated 11,000,000+ illegal aliens on their way to their
native countries?

You? Me? Them? All of us?
A deep-pocketed uncle back east named Sam?
Sponsored links
Old 07-07-2014, 10:24 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepdx View Post
Send 'em back home.
Sounds great, but...

Who is paying for the transportation/food/lodging etc for the
some estimated 11,000,000+ illegal aliens on their way to their
native countries?

You? Me? Them? All of us?
A deep-pocketed uncle back east named Sam?
A one way bus pass back to where ever they came from is a hell of a lot cheaper than having millions of illegals overburdening our system. Would you rather pay for their food,housing,education and healthcare? And If you allow some to stay more will follow! We need to secure our border!

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-07-2014 at 11:07 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 11:10 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Amnesty supporters calling the "I" word the new "N" word. Its an old liberal trick... if you can't get your way play the race card!
According to Those Looking to Pump Up Support for Amnesty, the ‘I-Word’ Is the New ‘N-Word’
Old 07-07-2014, 11:26 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Send the ones here, back. Military transport works. Seal the border. Present a bayonet to anyone trying to enter. If anyone shoots at us, tell the Mexican Government we aren't going to put up with that, either they fix it or we do. If it continues, relaunch the A-10 Warthog program and strafe the border. If an army helicopter from Mexico flies into our country and shoots at ANYONE, shoot it down, and level the base it came from. That's an act of war.

We cannot tolerate the disease, pestilience and simply the FLOOD of illegals crossing into this country.

Problem is, ICE and DHS have been working on getting people IN here since the first of the year. That's when they started letting contracts for services.

The President needs to be impeached, and most everyone in top management in the Government needs to go.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:29 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

We now have cases of TUBERCULOSIS in the LA school system.

They are talking about re-establishing SMALLPOX vaccination programs.

Why? Because none of these people get a health screening like we do with LEGAL immigrants.

But oh no, God forbid we call them criminals, even though that is what they are.
Old 07-07-2014, 3:55 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by com501 View Post
But oh no, God forbid we call them criminals, even though that is what they are.
The left likes to call them undocumented Democrats.