RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Politics

Politics Anarchists unite. Come argue how inefficient the political system is here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 8:23 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff-medic View Post
Boko whoever and ISIS should have been eliminated when they first got started up. If the US allows these small groups to start up, then more than likely more small bands will occur, while we are dealing with Al-Qaeda.

Eliminate the terrorists support, then them. Counter Insurgency as well as Counter Terrorism. It is more than one playing field.

FF - Medic !!!
Well said medic!
Sponsored links
Old 06-30-2014, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
Actually that is not exactly true. As we are pulling out of the ME radical Islamic extremism is on the rise. Iraq is a prime example. Things were pretty calm there before we left. Now that we are gone we now have a radical Islamic state full of Jihdists! So your theory is incorrect.
Actually no, it's not incorrect. If I recall, the terrorist were in Syria. They simply moved over a few miles into Iraq. It's would be nice to pick and choose and limit the discussion to one area, but as you say, it's a global movement.
Old 06-30-2014, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff-medic View Post
Boko whoever and ISIS should have been eliminated when they first got started up. If the US allows these small groups to start up, then more than likely more small bands will occur, while we are dealing with Al-Qaeda.

Eliminate the terrorists support, then them. Counter Insurgency as well as Counter Terrorism. It is more than one playing field.

FF - Medic !!!
There is a problem with your theory. While it would seem the prudent thing to do, our government did the opposite. ISIS was a "rebel" group fighting the evil Assad regime and the US was all for helping them. Al-CIA-duh was originally backed and trained by the US.

Without the US there would have been no Al-CIA-duh and Syria would have wiped ISIS out long ago.

And, here's one for Rob, The US fully backed the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt with what's his name. Morsi I think. Not to mention our bestest of friends, Saudi Arabia. The main supporter of most of these groups.

Once again, keeping our money and noses at home would have solved everything. Just as it would now.

Last edited by feets; 06-30-2014 at 8:50 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Clarification....exuding that part! My bad.
LOL. It's good you clarified.

Exuding

: to ooze out
: to undergo diffusion
transitive verb
: to cause to ooze or spread out in all directions
: to display conspicuously or abundantly
Old 06-30-2014, 8:56 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by feets View Post
Actually no, it's not incorrect. If I recall, the terrorist were in Syria. They simply moved over a few miles into Iraq. It's would be nice to pick and choose and limit the discussion to one area, but as you say, it's a global movement.
But we did not occupy Syria. So whats your point? We were in Iraq and since we left the movement has now spread into Iraq and has been strengthened. So in essence the situation has gotten worst since we left Iraq. Would you not agree?
Sponsored links
Old 06-30-2014, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Extremist ranks swell the more we are involved in the ME. It's just a fact. The more we kill, the more of them there are.
You said the above is incorrect.

Quote:
But we did not occupy Syria. So whats your point? We were in Iraq and since we left the movement has now spread into Iraq and has been strengthened. So in essence the situation has gotten worst since we left Iraq. Would you not agree?
Are there more extremists in Iraq after we killed a whole buttload of Iraqis or are there less?

Are there more extremists in the world after we have been killing them for years, or less?

If there are less, feel free to relax because you are now much safer.

If there are more, then killing them has had the opposite effect of what you want.

Judging by your comments, I'm guessing that you think there are more.

And, you didn't answer the question, what do you propose be done about it?

Last edited by feets; 06-30-2014 at 10:02 PM..
Old 07-01-2014, 10:42 AM

It is still my belief that, based on arab temporary "unity" actions, that they will ultimately devolve into the historic pattern of mutual hatred that has characterized their collective behavior. Through that behavior and associated infighting for power, they will ultimately self-destruct. Whether we are there or not, the long-range outcome was decided generations ago. Let them fight it out among themselvers. Its their cultural heritage and we are not welcomed there. So long as the Moslem power actor states keep funding either side, they will remain their own worst enemy. Will the bad guys try to hit us again? Probably, when they get tired of being ignored by the west and the propaganda machine begins to fail to inflame new generation of Jihadists. We're better off getting rid of the sleeper cells that have propped up here at home and eliminate the "enemy at the gate" that is the greater threat and evil.
Our greatest failing is not playing the game by THEIR rules of engagement which would shock the hell out of them. Our current judeo-christian policies and strategies are viewed as weak and vulerable in their eyes.
Other data that nobody cares about.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk2370bruce View Post
It is still my belief that, based on arab temporary "unity" actions, that they will ultimately devolve into the historic pattern of mutual hatred that has characterized their collective behavior. Through that behavior and associated infighting for power, they will ultimately self-destruct. Whether we are there or not, the long-range outcome was decided generations ago. Let them fight it out among themselvers. Its their cultural heritage and we are not welcomed there. So long as the Moslem power actor states keep funding either side, they will remain their own worst enemy. Will the bad guys try to hit us again? Probably, when they get tired of being ignored by the west and the propaganda machine begins to fail to inflame new generation of Jihadists. We're better off getting rid of the sleeper cells that have propped up here at home and eliminate the "enemy at the gate" that is the greater threat and evil.
Our greatest failing is not playing the game by THEIR rules of engagement which would shock the hell out of them. Our current judeo-christian policies and strategies are viewed as weak and vulerable in their eyes.
Once again, I agree.

If left to their own nature, they will(and are) turn on themselves. While they spend their time and money killing each other, it leaves little threat to the rest of the world except maybe for the random wack-a-doodles that blow themselves up too.

We should quit giving the ME, as a whole, money and support. Pull out of the ME entirely because it seems our condom has a hole in it and our screwing the region is conceiving a whole new generation of wack-a-doodles.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:27 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
While they spend their time and money killing each other, it leaves little threat to the rest of the world except maybe for the random wack-a-doodles that blow themselves up too.
Hahahah....Nothing to see here folks. According to feets there is no Global Jihad! Maybe you should tell them that feets!
ISIS militants outline chilling five-year plan for global domination | Mail Online
Attached Images

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-01-2014 at 12:33 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2014, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Hahahah....Nothing to see here folks. According to feets there is no Global Jihad! Maybe you should tell them that feets!
ISIS militants outline chilling five-year plan for global domination | Mail Online
Eeeewwwwwww! Scary! Just imagine how fast they can take over the US if they get that pickup with a gun mount in the bed that's in Rob's picture on a fishing boat and get it over here. Hell, I bet it could run over a Bradley like a monster truck plowing through a Geo.

World domination(from the back of a mid sized toyota)!

You're probably chitting in your pants Rob, with all that massive firepower at their disposal. That thing probably has four wheel drive!

Relax bud. They have to take over Iran and Saudi before they can take ten steps outside of the desert. I believe Syria already kicked their azz and made 'em move on to Iraq

Somebody save Rob, He's under attack!
Attached Images

Last edited by feets; 07-01-2014 at 1:26 PM..
Old 07-01-2014, 1:14 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Eeeewwwwwww! Scary! Just imagine how fast they can take over the US if they get that pickup with a gun mount in the bed that's in Rob's picture on a fishing boat and get it over here.
Just imagine them taking over Pakistan and getting hold of a Nuke!!! Eeeeewwwww! Scary!
Old 07-01-2014, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Just imagine them taking over Pakistan and getting hold of a Nuke!!! Eeeeewwwww! Scary!
Yeah, just IMAGINE.

Watch another Steven Seagal movie. Your "B" rated screenplay might scare a teenage girl into snuggling with you.

Last edited by feets; 07-01-2014 at 1:43 PM..
Old 07-01-2014, 2:14 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Yeah, just IMAGINE.

Watch another Steven Seagal movie. Your "B" rated screenplay might scare a teenage girl into snuggling with you.
Im sure you would have said the same stupid sh#t if I told you on Sept 10 2001 that radical Islamists were going to take out the twin towers with hijacked planes. Only a fool underestimates his enemy! Obviously you didn't learn a thing during your military training.

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-01-2014 at 2:24 PM..
Old 07-01-2014, 2:21 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Somebody save Rob, He's under attack!
Childish.
Old 07-01-2014, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Notice the "discipline in the ranks? They can't even march in step. See how fast they'll run (as fast and in step) when faced with real opposition? Can I have a DRONE roll here? Photos and videos of this stuff is poor quality media hype to keep the money flowing. The audio is the same sh#t they've been boasting for years after a few sucks on the communal hash pipe. If that's their best, I'm glad to call myself an infidel.
Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2014, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Im sure you would have said the same stupid sh#t if I told you on Sept 10 2001 that radical Islamists were going to take out the twin towers with hijacked planes. Only a fool underestimates his enemy! Obviously you didn't learn a thing during your military training.
LOL. Did we become the United Islamic States of the Globe after 9-11? I must have missed it.

This from a guy that has never had any training.

Take your blood pressure pills, you'll be Okay. That Toyota with a gun mount has quite some distance to cross before it's at your door.

Read it again Rob. Special Weapons is Tactical Nuclear weapons. Don't worry, I'll protect you from Pakistani nukes.
Attached Images

Last edited by feets; 07-01-2014 at 4:28 PM..
Old 07-01-2014, 6:36 PM

Location: Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very cold.

Quote:
You want a third party president and congress too?
Quote:
Clarification....exuding that part! My bad.
OK, why not? Why should we have political parties at all? I contend that many of the country's biggest problems are the direct result of several years of partisan politics that prevents ANYTHING productive from getting done.

Take Obamacare as one of just many examples of something that started out as a good idea and ended up becoming law as an unwieldy nightmare that even the polticians who wrote it refused to read. Remember Pelosi's famous line: "We have to pass it to find out what's in it"? What kind of answer is that? It tells me that Big Pharma, Big Insurance and Big Healthcare Providers got together and made sure that the ACA was little more than an excuse for them to make even more money and provide even less care - the very problems the new law was intended to solve. Then the Tea Party comes along and makes sure that the people who got the shaft from the ACA the hardest were the poor, who now can't afford coverage OR the fine that comes from not signing up.

Speaking of, did either of you sign up for Obamacare? No? Neither did I. Why? Because it's cheaper for me to pay the fine and the cost of my own care out of pocket than pay these thieves we call health insurers who used the "Affordable Care Act" as an excuse to jack up rates for everyone. Everyone blames Obama, but not me. I blame corporate America, who has bought and paid for this government for decades now. They are also who I blame for the very unpatriotic "Patriot Act" that has since taken freedom away from us all and incarcerated countless people needlessly.

I don't know about either of you, but I'm tired of the "best government big business can buy". It's time to flush the current crop of corporate cronies in Washington and bring back the average Joe senator or congressman who remembers what it's like to be a little guy struggling to make it in a country that got all f***ed up through no fault of his own. What's wrong with that idea?

-AZ
Old 07-01-2014, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZScanner View Post
OK, why not? Why should we have political parties at all? I contend that many of the country's biggest problems are the direct result of several years of partisan politics that prevents ANYTHING productive from getting done.

Take Obamacare as one of just many examples of something that started out as a good idea and ended up becoming law as an unwieldy nightmare that even the polticians who wrote it refused to read. Remember Pelosi's famous line: "We have to pass it to find out what's in it"? What kind of answer is that? It tells me that Big Pharma, Big Insurance and Big Healthcare Providers got together and made sure that the ACA was little more than an excuse for them to make even more money and provide even less care - the very problems the new law was intended to solve. Then the Tea Party comes along and makes sure that the people who got the shaft from the ACA the hardest were the poor, who now can't afford coverage OR the fine that comes from not signing up.

Speaking of, did either of you sign up for Obamacare? No? Neither did I. Why? Because it's cheaper for me to pay the fine and the cost of my own care out of pocket than pay these thieves we call health insurers who used the "Affordable Care Act" as an excuse to jack up rates for everyone. Everyone blames Obama, but not me. I blame corporate America, who has bought and paid for this government for decades now. They are also who I blame for the very unpatriotic "Patriot Act" that has since taken freedom away from us all and incarcerated countless people needlessly.

I don't know about either of you, but I'm tired of the "best government big business can buy". It's time to flush the current crop of corporate cronies in Washington and bring back the average Joe senator or congressman who remembers what it's like to be a little guy struggling to make it in a country that got all f***ed up through no fault of his own. What's wrong with that idea?

-AZ
I agree with you and Bruce. A no party system would be ideal.

I just didn't think Rob would be on board, so I asked.
Old 07-01-2014, 7:24 PM

Quote:
With Pakistan being as f*&cked up as they are - and with the overwhelming corruptio (even worse that our superPacs, even ISIS would be an improvement. Sure, the Paki's have nucs, but someone stole the key to the firing mechanism years ago for a used camel. The government there can't even identify who is the enemy within. Their society decays by the month and wil reach anarchic status as soon as our foreign aid is finally withdtrawn by our congressional loons who recognize the teabaggers in their own government.
Old 07-01-2014, 8:11 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZScanner View Post

-AZ
Tell us how you feel AZ. First of all I don't need to buy Obamacare because I work for a global company that provides my healthcare for next to nothing. I don't knock big business because it has provided me with a very comfortable life thus far. The problem I have is with government agencies like the (EPA) driving companies overseas or out of business! Remember NAFTA how many job lost due to that wonderful bill!? This is why I voted for Romney! The guy is a successful businessman! He knows what it takes for success! That is what we need right now more than anything. Not a frigging Communist community organizer! We need to get government out of the equation! I agree with you on the patriot act! That was a total violation of the constitution! I blame Bush and present day Republicans like Rep King who supports spying on Americans! Peter King can go jump off a cliff as far as Im concerned!

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-01-2014 at 8:23 PM..