RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Politics

Politics Anarchists unite. Come argue how inefficient the political system is here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 7:42 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk2370bruce View Post
My answer is as simplistic as is your naive and self-serving question. The events you quote all happened more than a decade ago while most people (and governments) still believed that our nation was invulnerable to an attack.
Here is a perfect example Com51. According to Bruce because these events happened a decade ago I am the fool for believing it could happen again!
Sponsored links
Old 07-03-2014, 8:14 PM

Default Terrosist Free To Kill Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
Well said Com501! Always expect the unexpected. Never underestimate the enemy. Only a fool underestimates his enemy. The terrorist never rests. He is always looking for weakness and complacency! Unfortunately this is the world we live in. People like Feets and Bruce have a hard time accepting that so they poke fun and insult me.
Did Fox and Miss Jiggle Jugs tell you to think this? Lol.

While one should never underestimate ones enemy, you need to stop OVER estimating their capability.

We are all aware that these terrorists will try and attack... That is what CSIS/CBSA/RCMP/CBP/ICE/CIA/FBI are for... The problem feets and Bruce haved with it is that you are being just like Bush before his last election... Fear monger... Engineer a threat elevation, get the sheeple scared, and bamm... Election won.

Face it Rob, you are wrong, in that ISIS poses no DIRECT threat to you. You will die in some old folks home, of some age related disease, far into the future(relative as I do not know your medical history, or age) NOT by an attack on North American soil.

Miss Jiggle Jugs is HELPING the terrorists win, by fear mongering some imagined threat, and by doing so, have you and a lot of other Fox News viewers, living in a state of fear, causing you to live a paranoid life, scared of some rag tag bunch of tangos driving around the desert 15000 miles away, in some Toyota pick up truck with a gun mounted in the box... They have no boats, no planes, and have no way to bring the jihad to North America.

I'm NOT scared of ISIS, and if they actually do come to North America, and try to take over, there are about 330 million citizens, between the US and Canada, that will drive them into the ocean.

There has, in the last 13 years, been more US citizens killed in DOMESTIC(as in born in the US, raised in the US) terrorism, than by the 'radical Islamic terrorists' in the US that you are so scared of, and believe pose such a threat to the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2014, 9:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

It only takes 4 guys, with 100 pound packs apiece, to cross the southern border, walk wherever they please, assemble a low yield tactical nuke and detonate it.

These 'terrorists' (let's call them what they are-radical muslim religious extremists) don't care about surviving. To them, this is like the Crusades, a holy war to eliminate, from the face of the Earth, anyone who disagrees with their religion.

I take umbrage to that point of view, as I don't really CARE what their religion is, they are free to practice it unmolested by me, as long as they do the same.

When you continue to threaten the globe and your neighbors with genocide, continue to wage ware against other sects and other religions, and continue to lob rockets at your neighbors, ALL THE WHILE, doing your very best to obtain nuclear weapons and ICBM payload capable missiles, I take notice.

At some point, I am going to squash you like an annoying mosquito, because you are carrying malaria. The world is slowly coming to that boiling point, witness the continued rocket attacks today, in Israel.

At some point, more reasonable nations will reach their limit. Israel is very close at this point. One excuse and they will level Syria or Iran or whichever country continues to threaten them. They have the capability.

ISIS is just another in a long string of front organizations for Al Qaeda or Hamas that continue to threaten peace in the region. If we can't keep them contained, then we should eliminate them.

Make them martyrs. That is what they want anyway, show them the way to their God, lit by an atomic torch.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Here is a perfect example Com51. According to Bruce because these events happened a decade ago I am the fool for believing it could happen again!

Nobody has said it couldn't happen again. Not me. Not Bruce.

You have been saying that ISIS is going to take over the world. That's just plain dumb.

A terrorist attack is not a threat to our national security. Not a single attack has resulted in our becoming an Islamic State. No attack will. It's just plain dumb to whine about a bunch of nobodies taking over the world.

Now, I've asked you twice so far, but as usual you don't like to answer difficult questions. What do you propose to do about it? So far, you have done nothing but pee, whine and act a fool. So, what would you do about it?

If you think you can stop a terrorist attack, tell me how.

It's not very likely any large scale attack will happen. Quite unlikely. But it is possible and it will always be possible, no matter how much you whine and worry. Unless you have some fool proof plan, there is no need for all the whining and peeing down your leg. ISIS or nobody else can take over the world. Not until we bankrupt ourselves. That will happen soon enough while we run all over the planet spreading our "freedoms" to people that don't want it and plot terror attacks against us for our effort.

Once we are as poor as the rest of the world, then it's time to worry.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by com501 View Post
It only takes 4 guys, with 100 pound packs apiece, to cross the southern border, walk wherever they please, assemble a low yield tactical nuke and detonate it.

These 'terrorists' (let's call them what they are-radical muslim religious extremists) don't care about surviving. To them, this is like the Crusades, a holy war to eliminate, from the face of the Earth, anyone who disagrees with their religion.

I take umbrage to that point of view, as I don't really CARE what their religion is, they are free to practice it unmolested by me, as long as they do the same.

When you continue to threaten the globe and your neighbors with genocide, continue to wage ware against other sects and other religions, and continue to lob rockets at your neighbors, ALL THE WHILE, doing your very best to obtain nuclear weapons and ICBM payload capable missiles, I take notice.

At some point, I am going to squash you like an annoying mosquito, because you are carrying malaria. The world is slowly coming to that boiling point, witness the continued rocket attacks today, in Israel.

At some point, more reasonable nations will reach their limit. Israel is very close at this point. One excuse and they will level Syria or Iran or whichever country continues to threaten them. They have the capability.

ISIS is just another in a long string of front organizations for Al Qaeda or Hamas that continue to threaten peace in the region. If we can't keep them contained, then we should eliminate them.

Make them martyrs. That is what they want anyway, show them the way to their God, lit by an atomic torch.
That right there is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. Two thumbs up.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:21 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by feets View Post

Nobody has said it couldn't happen again. Not me. Not Bruce.

You have been saying that ISIS is going to take over the world. That's just plain dumb.

A terrorist attack is not a threat to our national security. Not a single attack has resulted in our becoming an Islamic State. No attack will. It's just plain dumb to whine about a bunch of nobodies taking over the world.
Quote: A terrorist attack is not a threat to our national security! That right there is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. Two thumbs up.

Quote:
Now, I've asked you twice so far, but as usual you don't like to answer difficult questions. What do you propose to do about it? So far, you have done nothing but pee, whine and act a fool. So, what would you do about it?
1.)You fight back! Just like we have been doing with drone strikes and Intel. According to you and Bruce we haven't had a terrorist attack in over a decade so it must be working.

2.) You never allow the enemy to gain a safe haven or a base by which they can plan and plot global terrorist attacks from.

Quote:
If you think you can stop a terrorist attack, tell me how.
Read bullet points 1.) & 2.)

Quote:
It's not very likely any large scale attack will happen. Quite unlikely. But it is possible and it will always be possible, no matter how much you whine and worry. Unless you have some fool proof plan, there is no need for all the whining and peeing down your leg.
Once again....the reality is that radical Islam is on the rise. This means that we must react accordingly. Being aware of the situation is not called fear its called wisdom. If we let our guard down and ignore this rapidly growing threat then I assure you a large scale attack will likely happen again. Like I said before pulling our troops out of the ME has done nothing but make things much worse. As we pull back they push forward. As we reduce our presence they grow now taking whole regions.

Quote:
ISIS or nobody else can take over the world. Not until we bankrupt ourselves. That will happen soon enough while we run all over the planet spreading our "freedoms" to people that don't want it and plot terror attacks against us for our effort.
The more that these radical Islamist groups gain in money,weapons and land the more powerful they become. Read their manifesto. What happens when they control all the oil in the ME? What happens if they control Pakistan's nuclear weapons? Should we just sit back and let them? If that's not a national security threat I don't know what is.

Quote:
Once we are as poor as the rest of the world, then it's time to worry.
Look we are becoming bankrupt for many reasons. NAFTA has cost this country more than all the wars put together.

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-04-2014 at 11:57 AM..
Old 07-04-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Quote: A terrorist attack is not a threat to our national security! That right there is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. Two thumbs up.
This is going to be fun.

Tell me, what terrorist attack has come within even a smidgen of the terrorists taking over this country? None. Fewer people have died in terrorist attacks than run of mill domestic murders. I don't see you advocating for the banning of guns in the US even though they cause more deaths on a scale much larger than terrorist attacks. It is unfortunate there are such loonies in the world. Banning guns would reduce the number of loonies killing people. I think people will never be 100% safe and banning guns for some to keep others safe is a foolish endeaver. Your "National Security" threat is ridiculous.

Quote:
1.)You fight back! Just like we have been doing with drone strikes and Intel. According to you and Bruce we haven't had a terrorist attack in over a decade so it must be working.

2.) You never allow the enemy to gain a safe haven or a base by which they can plan and plot global terrorist attacks from.
I about fell off my chair laughing at that one. We have been fighting in the middle east for many years now. You are here literally claiming we are less safe. We need to do more fighting.

Bruce did not say our fighting has prevented a terrorist attack. He says our homeland security has prevented a terrorist attack. You know, the spying and getting molested at airports. He is correct. I don't think the spying and molesting, the general loss of freedoms is worth it, but that is a basic fact.

Quote:
Read bullet points 1.) & 2.)
The problem with points one and two is quite simple. We have been doing that for 30 years or better. You are saying yourself it has not worked. You are here saying you are in mortal danger. Spending trillions of dollars and getting thousands of American kids killed has not made you feel safe. Your proposal is to keep doing the very thing that, according to YOU, HAS NOT MADE YOU SAFE. Absolutely retarded.

Quote:
Once again....the reality is that radical Islam is on the rise. This means that we must react accordingly. Being aware of the situation is not called fear its called wisdom. If we let our guard down and ignore this rapidly growing threat then I assure you a large scale attack will likely happen again. Like I said before pulling our troops out of the ME has done nothing but make things much worse. As we pull back they push forward. As we reduce our presence they grow now taking whole regions.
The reality is that radical Islam is on the rise. It will continue to rise while we destabilize the middle east and make it easy for the radicals to recruit people that would rather have a radical government than the US bombing their kids while they sleep.

Your assertion is simply retarded and ignores basic facts.

Quote:
The more that these radical Islamist groups gain in money,weapons and land the more powerful they become. Read their manifesto. What happens when they control all the oil in the ME? What happens if they control Pakistan's nuclear weapons? Should we just sit back and let them? If that's not a national security threat I don't know what is.
What happens if. What happens if. You keep repeating the same "What ifs". The problem with your what ifs is that they are far fetched. They don't control Pakistans Nukes. There is no indication they ever will, and even if they control an oil field or all of them, does not mean they will make money on them. Certainly you saw a couple weeks ago the sinking of a oil tanker out of libya carrying oil from radicals in Libya? Your "what ifs" are nothing but fearmongering with no basis in reality.

Quote:
Look we are becoming bankrupt for many reasons. NAFTA has cost this country more than all the wars put together.
We are spending money we don't have on many things we don't need. Trying to control the world is just one, but an important one. Read a history book or two on past Empires. They all died the same way. The very same way we are doing it. Making excuses like a liberal that it's okay to spend what you want because they are spending what they want doesn't change any spending, does it? I hope you starve Rob. You asked for it, you'll get it.
Old 07-04-2014, 1:18 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Absolutely retarded.
Your assertion is simply retarded fearmongering!
I hope you starve Rob. You asked for it, you'll get it.
Unbelievable! I'm done arguing with you. A complete waste of time! Nothing but insults and personal attacks. Time to put this forum back to bed. Back to the radio forums! I certainly don't have to worry about seeing you there. Thank God!

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-04-2014 at 2:18 PM..
Old 07-04-2014, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Unbelievable! I'm done arguing with you. A complete waste of time! Nothing but insults and personal attacks.
Ha ha . Well, you know what they say about insults....

You can always tell how right you are by the number of insults you receive!

Happy Independence day motherfathers!

Last edited by rapidcharger; 07-04-2014 at 2:25 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 07-04-2014, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Unbelievable! I'm done arguing with you. A complete waste of time! Nothing but insults and personal attacks. Time to put this forum back to bed. Back to the radio forums! I certainly don't have to worry about seeing you there. Thank God!
I call it what it is.

You refuse to acknowledge basic facts. That's dumb.

Your solution is the same solution that has been used for the last thirty plus years, you still don't feel safe and in fact, act like it's worse, but you want to keep doing it. That's dumb.

The number one National Security Threat to this country is Debt. You want to keep spending money in other parts of the world. That's dumb. Not only is it dumb, I sincerely hope you and yours suffer the consequences. If your willing to spend the country into the ground, you should be willing to suffer as much or more than those you take with you.

Between your desire to spend the country into the ground on foreign issues and the libtards desire to spend the country into the ground on domestic issues, there can only be one outcome. And I hope the vast majority of you starve, either to death or until you get it through your heads what you have done to this once great country.

If I hurt your feelers, too bad.
Old 07-04-2014, 4:47 PM

We agree that the creation of fear is the primary goal of any terrorist organization. Anyone who attempts to use fear mongering to further spread their own fear is just an unwitting tool of the terrorist without any risk to them. Rersearch and creative thought is the educational tool to maintain one's defenses and reality-based concerns. Knowledge is the power to defeat the fear that others have and who try to pass it on to us. Most Americans are far more likely to be hit with a meteorite than be attacked by an international terroristor a jeep of mass destruction. Stop trying to transfer your own irrational fears to those of us around you. Its not good citizenship. Reality demands concern and defensive thinking - not spending an inordinate amount of time feeding your own fear. Spend some time in nations around the world and you'll see far more risks of terrorist attacks but people there are not looking over their shoulder for the invisible boogie man but living a good life without all-consuming fear.
Other data that nobody cares about.
Old 07-04-2014, 5:30 PM

Quote:
We agree that the creation of fear is the primary goal of any terrorist organization. Anyone who attempts to use fear mongering to further spread their own fear is just an unwitting tool of the terrorist without any risk to them. Rersearch and creative thought is the educational tool to maintain one's defenses and reality-based concerns. Knowledge is the power to defeat the fear that others have and who try to pass it on to us. Most Americans are far more likely to be hit with a meteorite than be attacked by an international terroristor a jeep of mass destruction. Stop trying to transfer your own irrational fears to those of us around you. Its not good citizenship. Reality demands concern and defensive thinking - not spending an inordinate amount of time feeding your own fear. Spend some time in nations around the world and you'll see far more risks of terrorist attacks but people there are not looking over their shoulder for the invisible boogie man but living a good life without all-consuming fear.
Exactly.

With a little knowledge, those being used as tools to spread the terrorists fear, for the terrorists, might see the error of their ways. But, it's hard for them to see with their eyes tightly squeezed shut while an uncontrolled scream comes out of their mouth.

It's all free press for the terrorists. They have the Repubs spreading the fear for them.
Old 07-05-2014, 6:40 AM

Quote:
A terrorist attack is not only a threat to our National Security, but also to our financial markets, transportation infrastructure, housing, education, public service departments, public safety, and the list goes on.

Quote:
Yes. Keep fighting. Keep them on their toes. Make them react instead of act. Put the enemy on the defensive. Keep time on your side.

Quote:
Well that is correct. But since there is so many of the enemy, and of different groups it is hard to do. Make the enemy react instead of act. Don't give them time to think ( kind of hard to do in todays time ).

You cannot allow the enemy to group up, or regroup after a fight. Kind of like being inside a compound / fortress and defeating an enemy attack - you push them back, defeat the first wave, then the men inside restock, rearm and resupply with necessities and prepare for another attack / counter attack. It happens. It was more predominiant in the 50's and 60's but it is a good tactic. Because if you can get a second attack in.....with fresh people, the people inside the fortress who are weary and tired, short on ammo...stand a chance to be defeated, and the fort / base...can be overran / overtaken.

Always prepare for a counter attack. Just like today. A bomb is detonated in a school, business, or even a car bomb is detonated. Always be prepared for secondarry explosions...after some time has passed...to take out First Responders ( Police - Fire - EMS )

Quote:

Once again....the reality is that radical Islam is on the rise.
Sad but true. I guess anger and religion takes precedence over peace and commn sense.

Quote:
This means that we must react accordingly.
This is true alos. Basically for every action.......there is an equal and opposite reaction. Objects ( terror groups ) in motion...remain in motion, until acted upon by an outside force ( the U.S. - The original red, white and blue ).

Quote:
Being aware of the situation is not called fear its called wisdom. If we let our guard down and ignore this rapidly growing threat then I assure you a large scale attack will likely happen again.
Or spread rapidly like communism in the 50's and 60's. A small taste of power, leads to wanting more power and control, and wanting to invoke more influance.

Quote:
Like I said before pulling our troops out of the ME has done nothing but make things much worse. As we pull back they push forward. As we reduce our presence they grow now taking whole regions.
Yes, it has made things much worse. But....I do not want the United States to maintain a presence there forever. If it was me....and I ( the U.S. ) was helping in the region...send some of those oil rich countrys a bill. Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt and others a bill. Let them build bases in that region for us to work out of, and they can supply the fuel for our aircraft.

United States Gross National Product | Actual Data | Forecasts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saudi Arabia GDP | Actual Value | Historical Data | Forecast

Jordan Gross National Product | Actual Data | Forecasts | Calendar

Quote:
The more that these radical Islamist groups gain in money,weapons and land the more powerful they become.
Yep. Just like a Monopoly game. Where is their support coming from? Financial support, moral support, religious support?

FF - Medic !!!

http://www.vertexstandard.com/lmr/P25/VX-P920
Old 07-05-2014, 8:51 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Well said Medic! All very valid points.Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-05-2014 at 8:56 AM..
Old 07-05-2014, 1:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The problem with any military action that the US has gotten into since Korea, is that we don't fight to WIN. World War II was the last war where the mindset from start to finish was the utter elimination of the enemy and ANY threat to the rest of the world.

We need to revisit our foreign policy when it comes to dealing with terrorists, particularly those that are funded and backed by nations in the MidEast, such as Iran. If Syria is taken over by a terrorist organization, eliminate Syria. Don't treaty with them, don't make nice, tell them they have 24 hours to surrender and then if they do NOT, level the country. Make it a glass parking lot. Yes, there will be civilian casualties. That's why you give them time to get out. The first time we do this, radical terrorists will think we are bluffing. They will be at ground zero, laughing. We will be able to point at their flashed outlines on the remaining walls that are standing and laugh at them, in about 10 years when the radiation levels go down.

This is why we have the power to do this.

This is why we MUST do this, to prevent this stain from spreading to the rest of the world.

We need to ENGAGE, and fight to WIN, I am tired of sacrificing lives and equipment (ISIS now has all that nice state of the art armor we left the Iraqis!) for a non-defined goal. The goal, gentlemen, is to win. Any other outcome is unacceptable.

If we DO NOT, they will come here. They ARE here. All they are waiting on is orders. There are several countries in the mideast that have nukes. What they don't have is a delivery method, YET. The Chinese have provided missile technology. The Russians and Ukrainians have provided nuclear materials and expertise. There are several missing weapons from the old USSR that have never been accounted for. I have accounted for two of them, and have supervised their safe disposal, here in the USA. They were in the mideast. Not functional at the time, but fully capable.

It is only a matter of time before these and other weapons make it into the hands of a large enough terrorist group that can afford to buy them. What do you think a 10 kiloton weapon will do to the next city that hosts the Super Bowl, even if it is a ground blast, even if it isn't exactly at the stadium, but only a mile away in the top of a parking garage? How about the same weapon on the 15 in LA, driving through downtown at rush hour? Washington? Las Vegas? Dallas? Boston?

If they can move 5 TONS of cocaine across our southern border in one shipment, what makes you think that a 400 pound nuclear weapon isn't just as easy?

Contain them, or destroy them, don't ignore them.
Sponsored links

Old 07-05-2014, 7:49 PM

Here are some realities that prove a point that I'm going to make. Unlike the John Wayne movies, war and armed conflict is not ethical nor a moralsocial; event. Since WW2, we've been involved in losing conflict because we fought nations that do not share our distaste for war, death, or destruction. Korea and VN conflicts involved nations that has been in constant war since the WW2 ended. Further, their cultural beliefs did not have the inherent fear of death that western nations do. Now we've been engaged for decades of strife with islamic culture where dying in Jihad brings you to paradise and you get seven virgins. (Most women/girls in islamoid countries weasr veils because they are too ugly to rape). Until we get rid of the false high morality of how we fight wars, we'll continue to lose. Once we use the same rules of engagement (or lack of same) with our superior manpower and technology, we will be putting the fear into our opponents. We'll not have to turn the other cheek when we cut the other guy's pecker off on television. THAT THEY WILL UNDERSTAND AND FEAR.
Other data that nobody cares about.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
The problem with any military action that the US has gotten into since Korea, is that we don't fight to WIN. World War II was the last war where the mindset from start to finish was the utter elimination of the enemy and ANY threat to the rest of the world.

We need to revisit our foreign policy when it comes to dealing with terrorists, particularly those that are funded and backed by nations in the MidEast, such as Iran. If Syria is taken over by a terrorist organization, eliminate Syria. Don't treaty with them, don't make nice, tell them they have 24 hours to surrender and then if they do NOT, level the country. Make it a glass parking lot. Yes, there will be civilian casualties. That's why you give them time to get out. The first time we do this, radical terrorists will think we are bluffing. They will be at ground zero, laughing. We will be able to point at their flashed outlines on the remaining walls that are standing and laugh at them, in about 10 years when the radiation levels go down.

This is why we have the power to do this.

This is why we MUST do this, to prevent this stain from spreading to the rest of the world.

We need to ENGAGE, and fight to WIN, I am tired of sacrificing lives and equipment (ISIS now has all that nice state of the art armor we left the Iraqis!) for a non-defined goal. The goal, gentlemen, is to win. Any other outcome is unacceptable.

If we DO NOT, they will come here. They ARE here. All they are waiting on is orders. There are several countries in the mideast that have nukes. What they don't have is a delivery method, YET. The Chinese have provided missile technology. The Russians and Ukrainians have provided nuclear materials and expertise. There are several missing weapons from the old USSR that have never been accounted for. I have accounted for two of them, and have supervised their safe disposal, here in the USA. They were in the mideast. Not functional at the time, but fully capable.

It is only a matter of time before these and other weapons make it into the hands of a large enough terrorist group that can afford to buy them. What do you think a 10 kiloton weapon will do to the next city that hosts the Super Bowl, even if it is a ground blast, even if it isn't exactly at the stadium, but only a mile away in the top of a parking garage? How about the same weapon on the 15 in LA, driving through downtown at rush hour? Washington? Las Vegas? Dallas? Boston?

If they can move 5 TONS of cocaine across our southern border in one shipment, what makes you think that a 400 pound nuclear weapon isn't just as easy?

Contain them, or destroy them, don't ignore them.
Heh. Turn Syria into glass. Brilliant. Then wait ten years for the radiation to die down. We can toss Lebanon in too, huh?

Maybe you should look at a map. Israel would just love it if we nuked their next door neighbors. I was going to point out another dumb post, but this time I might have to agree with you. Kill two birds with one stone. The Arabs and the Jews. Problem solved with just a bit of fallout.

Brilliant.

You must work for the goobermint.
Attached Images

Last edited by feets; 07-05-2014 at 11:21 PM..
Old 07-07-2014, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Here are some realities that prove a point that I'm going to make. Unlike the John Wayne movies, war and armed conflict is not ethical nor a moralsocial; event. Since WW2, we've been involved in losing conflict because we fought nations....... R.
We won the first Gulf War....."Desert Storm". I know, because I was there. We done it good. All branches of the US Armed Forces, Coalition Forces, General Schwartzkoph, General Horner, and General Powell did it very right. From the early stages......right up to war planning and execution of events, our Leadership could not have done it better. They set the example for battlefield planning. And as I understand, their tactics are taught still today at West Point.

Vietnam had many circumstances for what I will describe as a "No win". One circumstance, and probably the biggest one was Nixon. Another circumstance was politics in general. Another circumstance was General Westmoreland putting himself first before the troops and a mindset of victory in Southeast Asia.

Had I been President of the US, Westmoreland would have been relieved of command early.

FF - Medic !!!

http://www.vertexstandard.com/lmr/P25/VX-P920
Old 07-07-2014, 1:26 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Heh. Turn Syria into glass. Brilliant. Then wait ten years for the radiation to die down. We can toss Lebanon in too, huh?

Maybe you should look at a map. Israel would just love it if we nuked their next door neighbors. I was going to point out another dumb post, but this time I might have to agree with you. Kill two birds with one stone. The Arabs and the Jews. Problem solved with just a bit of fallout.

Brilliant.

You must work for the goobermint.
Um, the prevailing winds blow onshore from the sea, and the jet stream in that region would deposit the fallout over Iraq. Don't really care.

The Israelis will be turning Syria into a glass parking lot if they keep getting pressure, unless Iraq goes first. I suppose its up to the Iraqi leadership how long they survive.
Old 07-07-2014, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Um, the prevailing winds blow onshore from the sea, and the jet stream in that region would deposit the fallout over Iraq. Don't really care.

The Israelis will be turning Syria into a glass parking lot if they keep getting pressure, unless Iraq goes first. I suppose its up to the Iraqi leadership how long they survive.
I think we should try it. I'm sure we can trust the Commander in Chief and all underlings to consider wind direction at the time of the bombing.

Study: Wind blew deadly gas to U.S. troops in Gulf War

Besides, it will send a clear message to those evil Ruskies and Chinamen, that have as many nukes as we do, that we will use nukes for the littlest of perceived foes whom only have some big rifles mounted in the backs of Toyotas so that they can decide not to wait to nuke us first.
Attached Images

Last edited by feets; 07-07-2014 at 4:15 PM..